Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much do looks matter? & how to max out your looks?

FuzzyLives

Don Juan
Reaction score
How much do you think looks and physical appearance factor into getting girls and getting laid. I've heard some say that looks get your foot in the door so to speak and then it's personality from there. Also what are the things you can do to maximize your physical attractiveness?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women, these days, will not be gotten. They will get YOU, and own YOU. Better change your game.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks are very important, which is why you maximize them.

Protips to maximize looks

• Hit the gym - This is number 1 for a reason. You should be going to the gym 3 times a week. There are too many benefits
  • Groom - Learn good grooming habits. Have you haircuts on a schedule, learn how to shave and cut excess body hair.
  • Dress nice - Figure out how you want to present yourself and dress nicely and accordingly. Are you a punk rocker? Buisness guy? Lumberjack? Wear the best clothes that express you.
  • If you teeth are yellow, whiten them. If they are crooked, get braces
  • Read 48 Laws of Power, Art of Seduction and the DJ bible

Plums

Don Juan
Reaction score
How much do you think looks and physical appearance factor into getting girls and getting laid. I've heard some say that looks get your foot in the door so to speak and then it's personality from there. Also what are the things you can do to maximize your physical attractiveness?
Be clean. Do something to clear complexion if required. Good teeth (nice smile),nails and hair. if you are short and slim don't wear baggy clothes. Tight fitting jeans correct length are sexy on thin men. Tight fitting shirts, open neck. Jacket can be slight padded on shoulders. Confidence. Women will find you sexy regardless of your size and looks if you are clean and comfortable in your own skin.

Serenity

Reaction score
Looks doesn't help much without game. With game you can have success without putting much effort into looks. With game AND looks you'll have more success. Without either you'll fail completely.

So how important is it? It's helps, but it is not a critical factor.

Immediate ways of boosting looks is by clothes, hairstyle and how you carry yourself. I remember back when I focused a lot on how I carry myself and move, I noticed I wasn't keeping a straight back. So I changed that habit, kept my head up and back straight. It was so noticeable that my friends thought I had physically grown a lot in a short time. That simple thing made me appear physically taller.

There's also working out, but that isn't immediate and takes more effort and time.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Yes I have said that. Looks get you in the door. From there it's personality in the form of strong frame. Strong frame will make her want to keep you. Strong frame will also give you the courage to exit the relationship first when it's in your best interest to do so.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fortunately for men, looks aren't everything. Even average or below-average looking guys can get laid by good-looking girls if they can manage to make up for it in other areas like status, finances, dress/clothes, etc.

Even if you're not exactly attractive, there are things you can do like whiten your teeth, do plenty of cardio and lift weights, spend some money on a nice haircut, clear up your face, and shave your beard if it looks unkempt to maximize your look. I can't stress that last aspect enough: so many guys think their untamed beard makes them look rugged and grizzly. It doesn't, especially if it doesn't come in fully. Lots of bearded men out there look homeless wondering why they aren't getting laid.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks don't have much to do with it. It's physicality, physique and overall personality that attract women. You can be one ugly motherf*cker and still be in complete control of those 3 aforementioned things.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously you want to maximize your looks but something overlooked totally is posture.

I recently started consciously holding my head extremely high. Almost to absurdity.
Like an invisible string is pulling my body upright.

The results are ridiculous.
More IOIs than ever in life & men give the utmost respect.

Hitting the gym and improving posture in my opinion are the most important change you can make.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks can help to a certain degree. I think it;s important to have the basics right almost all the time: clean teeth, clean hair, clean clothes. I do not think having a beard is much of a problem (but don't take my word for it since I have one miself and it may be self interest speaking :p ). I am currently not in shape, but I will start gym in about two weeks time with a personal trainer and I think I will come quite well in shape so I would suggest being in shape is quite important as looking fat or skinny fat can be associated with a lot of other bad qualities in a male and I think it is not healthy for yourself to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I posted this years back, but I have learned some other methods over the last 3 years. A lot of people are off on break and can do these things to improve themselves while they have this free time. This is all about looks and how to improve them.

1. Get your body fat at or below 15%.

- Lowering your bodyfat and increasing muscle makes your face look more defined this will make you look more handsome. You will also get more energy and testerone pumping through you.

- Use a bmr calculator to find how many calories you burn and go 500 under that. Balance cardio and weights (heavy squats/dips/bench/overhead press/push up/pullups) and running/sprints.

- Eat your body weight in protein.

- From the research I have done MOST girls like the fitness model type/ soccer player type. Low body fat with a little muscle i.e. Christiano Ronaldo, Ryan Reynolds from dead pool, Terrell Owens with Dallas, etc. so basically you don't have to be huge, but basically I would life as heavy as you can with the compound lifts above since you won't be Ronnie Coleman unless you are on gear.

- ideally you will find a sport and lift on the side 3-4 times a week. This has social benefits and keeps you motivated.

Honestly from what girls told me just don't be fat.

2. Clear you skin from acne/blemishes.

Wear sunscreen and a facial moisturizer of at least spf 15 daily.

-if you are 25 and up buy Retin a. This is the only clinically proven FDA cream that reduces aging and fine lines. I got mine from all day chemist overseas from India, i ordered over the phone i recommend getting all 3 strengths .25, .05 and .1.

- Use Indian herbal clay with organic vinegar oil twice a week to cleanse your skin. After you wash your face cover it with vitamin a or Argan oil.

- Drink lots of water and eat lots of vegetables. Vitamins and Fish Oil help

- See a doctor if necessary if you have some severe issues.

3. Tan
- Within moderation at low sun strength times like 10 am or like 7 pm. Be sure to use lotion after to mitigate sun damage.

- Tanning helps reduce appearance of blemishes and makes you look healthier and younger.

4. Teeth whitening

First off hopefully your teeth are not jacked if so I recommend braces/invisiline

1. Buy an electric toothbrush I recommend pulsonic over oral b.

2. DO NOT BUY WHITESTRIPES AT THE STORE, THEY ARE NOT STRONG AND A RIP OFF

this is what I recommend way cheaper, stronger, and way more strips.

http://www.amazon.com/Crest-Whitestrips-Supreme-Professional-Strength/dp/B000XS3FYM

3. Get a tongue brush.

5. Get a stylish hair cut
Pick a haircut that suits your head you may have to bite the bullet and got to a pro stylist and get their recommendations.

currently the combover taper fade is popular, I have a taper fade spike up on top 2nd link.

http://therealbarberjustin.tumblr.com/page/56

http://hairartgallery.net/6609/hair-art-colton-haynes-taper-cut-hairstyle/

Like I said these cuts are not for everyone find your headshape look up a celebrity with that headshape and copy their hairstyle.

6. Increase your height.
- liftkits.com is what I bought but amazon also has some cheap options.

- I am 5-11, when I use the lift kits and shoes I go up to 6-2.

- I have wore the 2.5 inch increase with puma romas and air max 90s and NO ONE ever notices.

- you can also wear cowboy boots I have some luchesse boots gator.

7. Stylish clothing (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT)

- Wish I would have made this number 1. Stores I recommend h/m, dillards, bananna republic, buckle, lucky, etc.

- Marshall, Burlington and Ross also have steals for clothing sometimes.

- Aldo/zappos/ frye boots is my go to store for shoes.

- The main importance is fit and nothing super baggy. Also have deep dark jeans with simple patterns on top I personally love baseball tees.

- make sure to have contrast and not have more than 3-4 colors overall. For example dark blue jeans, white and black baseball t, and white puma romas, air max 90s etc. you don't want to wear dark blue jeans with a dark black shirt and some black shoes. No contrast boring.

- I will repeat Fit is key not too baggy not too tight.

- only wear running shoes at the gym, never to a bar or out.

8. Buy an interesting watch.

Many options I plan on getting a gear s3 smart watch that way I can change the faces and it is a good conversation piece.

9. Buy a cologne atomizer.
- This is a small travel size cologne carrier.

-I put my cologne on in the bar bathroom and refresh when I need to I get compliments ALL THE TIME, because I smell ultra fresh.

-sephora gives these out for free.

I recommend getting a cologne that is not too common, but to be honest not many people wear cologne.

I have a cologne that EVERYTIME I WEAR IT I get a compliment, pm your location and I'll tell you it is. I don't want people to use it in my location.

10. Maintain your eyebrows- I recommend getting them threaded lots of places for this and stress that you want a clean up no arches etc. Yeah it's kinda "flamboyant", but it makes a difference in your face.

11. Smile

Nobody wants to be around sad moppy people. When you smile you exhibit positivity which is what everyone wants to be around and will make you more approachable and attractive.

12. Explore different facial hair. Studies show that women prefer, clean shaven or stubble by a huge margin over bushy beards, mustaches, etc.

cityboy989

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a girl who rode the "alpha train" , thus subsequently having to deal with the end of many relationships. She openly admitted to guys she dated that looks were important. After getting screwed over one final time, she quickly rebounded with a creepy-looking, boring, beta provider. I'm not sure if they're still together, but I'd reallllly be curious to hear statistics if those relationships ever truly work out in the long-run. Or if the woman gets tired of being unsatisfied physically/sexually especially since she had a promiscuous past.

Plums

Don Juan
Reaction score

It feels good to be around people who like themselves. It is possible to fall in love with a person's smile, eyes, hands, humour.
It is possible to find someone's 'invisible self' sexy.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I posted this years back, but I have learned some other methods over the last 3 years. A lot of people are off on break and can do these things to improve themselves while they have this free time. This is all about looks and how to improve them.

1. Get your body fat at or below 15%.

- Lowering your bodyfat and increasing muscle makes your face look more defined this will make you look more handsome. You will also get more energy and testerone pumping through you.

- Use a bmr calculator to find how many calories you burn and go 500 under that. Balance cardio and weights (heavy squats/dips/bench/overhead press/push up/pullups) and running/sprints.

- Eat your body weight in protein.

- From the research I have done MOST girls like the fitness model type/ soccer player type. Low body fat with a little muscle i.e. Christiano Ronaldo, Ryan Reynolds from dead pool, Terrell Owens with Dallas, etc. so basically you don't have to be huge, but basically I would life as heavy as you can with the compound lifts above since you won't be Ronnie Coleman unless you are on gear.

- ideally you will find a sport and lift on the side 3-4 times a week. This has social benefits and keeps you motivated.

Honestly from what girls told me just don't be fat.

2. Clear you skin from acne/blemishes.

Wear sunscreen and a facial moisturizer of at least spf 15 daily.

-if you are 25 and up buy Retin a. This is the only clinically proven FDA cream that reduces aging and fine lines. I got mine from all day chemist overseas from India, i ordered over the phone i recommend getting all 3 strengths .25, .05 and .1.

- Use Indian herbal clay with organic vinegar oil twice a week to cleanse your skin. After you wash your face cover it with vitamin a or Argan oil.

- Drink lots of water and eat lots of vegetables. Vitamins and Fish Oil help

- See a doctor if necessary if you have some severe issues.

3. Tan
- Within moderation at low sun strength times like 10 am or like 7 pm. Be sure to use lotion after to mitigate sun damage.

- Tanning helps reduce appearance of blemishes and makes you look healthier and younger.

4. Teeth whitening

First off hopefully your teeth are not jacked if so I recommend braces/invisiline

1. Buy an electric toothbrush I recommend pulsonic over oral b.

2. DO NOT BUY WHITESTRIPES AT THE STORE, THEY ARE NOT STRONG AND A RIP OFF

this is what I recommend way cheaper, stronger, and way more strips.

http://www.amazon.com/Crest-Whitestrips-Supreme-Professional-Strength/dp/B000XS3FYM

3. Get a tongue brush.

5. Get a stylish hair cut
Pick a haircut that suits your head you may have to bite the bullet and got to a pro stylist and get their recommendations.

currently the combover taper fade is popular, I have a taper fade spike up on top 2nd link.

http://therealbarberjustin.tumblr.com/page/56

http://hairartgallery.net/6609/hair-art-colton-haynes-taper-cut-hairstyle/

Like I said these cuts are not for everyone find your headshape look up a celebrity with that headshape and copy their hairstyle.

6. Increase your height.
- liftkits.com is what I bought but amazon also has some cheap options.

- I am 5-11, when I use the lift kits and shoes I go up to 6-2.

- I have wore the 2.5 inch increase with puma romas and air max 90s and NO ONE ever notices.

- you can also wear cowboy boots I have some luchesse boots gator.

7. Stylish clothing (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT)

- Wish I would have made this number 1. Stores I recommend h/m, dillards, bananna republic, buckle, lucky, etc.

- Marshall, Burlington and Ross also have steals for clothing sometimes.

- Aldo/zappos/ frye boots is my go to store for shoes.

- The main importance is fit and nothing super baggy. Also have deep dark jeans with simple patterns on top I personally love baseball tees.

- make sure to have contrast and not have more than 3-4 colors overall. For example dark blue jeans, white and black baseball t, and white puma romas, air max 90s etc. you don't want to wear dark blue jeans with a dark black shirt and some black shoes. No contrast boring.

- I will repeat Fit is key not too baggy not too tight.

- only wear running shoes at the gym, never to a bar or out.

8. Buy an interesting watch.

Many options I plan on getting a gear s3 smart watch that way I can change the faces and it is a good conversation piece.

9. Buy a cologne atomizer.
- This is a small travel size cologne carrier.

-I put my cologne on in the bar bathroom and refresh when I need to I get compliments ALL THE TIME, because I smell ultra fresh.

-sephora gives these out for free.

I recommend getting a cologne that is not too common, but to be honest not many people wear cologne.

I have a cologne that EVERYTIME I WEAR IT I get a compliment, pm your location and I'll tell you it is. I don't want people to use it in my location.

10. Maintain your eyebrows- I recommend getting them threaded lots of places for this and stress that you want a clean up no arches etc. Yeah it's kinda "flamboyant", but it makes a difference in your face.

11. Smile

Nobody wants to be around sad moppy people. When you smile you exhibit positivity which is what everyone wants to be around and will make you more approachable and attractive.

12. Explore different facial hair. Studies show that women prefer, clean shaven or stubble by a huge margin over bushy beards, mustaches, etc.
Agree with most of this except for #4. Store bought teeth whiteners are most definitely not a ripoff. If anything, advances in white strip products have made it pretty unnecessary to spend $600 to get your teeth professionally whitened unless you're pretty wealthy. It's amazing what 20 minutes twice a day for two weeks can do for the whiteness of most people's teeth.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously you want to maximize your looks but something overlooked totally is posture.

I recently started consciously holding my head extremely high. Almost to absurdity.
Like an invisible string is pulling my body upright.

The results are ridiculous.
More IOIs than ever in life & men give the utmost respect.

Hitting the gym and improving posture in my opinion are the most important change you can make.
Astute observation.

For the gym rats, the best way to improve your posture is to improve your back to chest ratio. You should be doing Back / Chest exercises in a 2:1 ratio. Your back should be bigger and stronger than your chest. Deadlifts, pull ups, and rows. Get on them.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Gym 3x/week. 30 minutes per workout. Low weight. High reps. Very little rest between sets.

Deadlifts and squats are the 2 most important exercises a man can do.

2) Swim 2x/week (non-weight days). No running. Bad for your knees.

3) Meditate 15 minutes per day.

4) Eat healthy. Nothing fried. No bread. Nothing that comes in a box. No soda. 1 gallon of water per day.
If running is bad for your knees then you're doing it wrong and probably not taking care of your legs. Most likely don't have proper shoes either.

Basically running is fine for most people and I'm tired of reading bad advice from people online who advocate against running. It has tremendous benefits, and in fact, swimming puts way more stress on the body and joints than running does, as long as you're not running ultra marathons every week.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically running is fine for most people and I'm tired of reading bad advice from people online who advocate against running. It has tremendous benefits, and in fact, swimming puts way more stress on the body and joints than running does, as long as you're not running ultra marathons every week.
Swimming and cycling are both much friendlier to your joints than running. However, the problem with running isn't the action itself, it's shoes. The biomechanics of the human body, particularly the foot, is designed to be done without shoes. That's why your feet have so many nerves and are sensitive to touch.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your goal is to lose weight, running is the better option. It's much harder to raise your body temperature in a pool of water.
Disagree. Cycling is the best option of the three, as it is most comfortable to do for extended periods of time. Running is painful. It takes weeks to build up enough endurance to run for an hour or more. Novices can pick up a bike and go ride for extended periods of time.

From a pure weight loss standpoint, the most important factor in cardio is consistency. How likely is this person to be consistent? Running is certainly effective, but many shy away from it due to the pain.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. As for this guy though...I can't stand bicycles. Even stationary bikes.
That's the beauty of cardio.... we get our choice. I stopped running when I got into bikes. No more knee pain or shin splints, and $ saved on gas and car maintenance on short-haul errands.

I always wanted to try swimming, but that requires a pool :)

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with most of this except for #4. Store bought teeth whiteners are most definitely not a ripoff. If anything, advances in white strip products have made it pretty unnecessary to spend $600 to get your teeth professionally whitened unless you're pretty wealthy. It's amazing what 20 minutes twice a day for two weeks can do for the whiteness of most people's teeth.
Not trying to argue, but I meant that the ones you buy from the store are overpriced, the ones I linked are ones you get from the dentist office and are cheaper than what you get in the store. You get WAY more strips at a cheaper price. WHITESTRIPS DO WORK, but amazon has them for dirt cheap.