Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it true running hurts testosterone?

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if so, how can a guy train his stamina?

And to clarify, I mean running on the treadmill before hitting the weights. Thats how I have always done my workouts.

Last edited:

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
H3ll no, this is nonsense propagated by so-called fitness gurus that, for whatever reason, seem to have a dislike for cardio and so they preach against it like it's the devil.

Have a look at retired Navy SEAL David Goggins, the dude is running around 125-150 miles per week, doesn't look like his test levels are affected at all...

The only thing I would advise is doing weights before cardio for the following reasons:

1. Safety - cardio exhausts your muscles so if you're lifting heavy you could drop the weight on yourself.

2. Pre-exhaustion - the first 10 - 15 mins of any cardio session you're burning glycogen in your muscles, after that you start digging into your fat calorie reserves for energy. By lifting heavy first, you deplete your glycogen so when you head over to the treadmill your entire cardio session will be burning fat calorie reserves.

One of the most effective ways I keep myself lean is by doing a heavy leg session then hitting the pool and swimming 100 laps butterfly stroke.... it burns an insane amount of calories.

I used to run for cardio when I was younger but since I'm in my mid 30's I've switch over to swimming for my cardio.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Never heard of that. Running or any cardio for that matter improves cardiovascular health. Your blood will be pumping and testosterone will flow with your blood throughout your body.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always do cardio after weights. I'll save my energy for the good stuff lol.

Running probably doesn't hurt T. Exercise and being fit is what makes you a man.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For what I recall the problem was with very long low intensity cardio, stuff like marathon.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if so, how can a guy train his stamina?

And to clarify, I mean running on the treadmill before hitting the weights. Thats how I have always done my workouts.
Absolutely. A Long term study done by Stanford showed that runners(I'm talking about people who did distance running regularly) over a period of 8 years ALL lost muscle and gained fat. This was a large study comprising thousands of people. The reason for this is simple..over that amount of time the body simply builds up catabolic hormones that break muscle down.

Think about it from the body's point of view. You are doing a lot of running. Well, it's a lot more efficient from the body's point of view to be lighter if you are going to run a lot. That means it reduces the amount of muscle mass in the body to help accomplish this.

Now think about it from the body's point of view when lifting. You are lifting a bunch of heavy stuff, tricking the body into believing that gravity has changed. The body realizes that it must get bigger to cope with this constant stress it is going to be under and increases the size of it's muscles.

When you think about it from the body's point of view it makes PERFECT SENSE why this happens. Your body DOESN"T WANT TO CHANGE!! It likes itself exactly the way it is, and will follow the path of least resistance. When you force it to change it does so by doing what it feels is the most efficient thign possible.

Going to run a lot and burn calories? OK cool..I'll get rid of this heavy muscle to make myself lighter and then as an added bonus, I won't have to support all this metabolically active muscle that burns 50 calories per pound when I can support this fat instead that takes up virtually no calories to support. Saves me a lot of energy and I keep the calories to fuel all this extra work I'm doing.

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cardio after weights. You get the best weights session AND the cardio is easier to maintain a high heart rate through from the work you've already done.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Don't be banging the night before a 10k, you Will notice a competitive difference…. Only pasta
On the subject of this thread, I totally agree with SeymourCake, running does not hurt T and sex drive.
What should be discussed is whether or not the endorphins produced by running decreases a mans desire for sex.

Last edited: