Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lost 40 Pounds (18 kg) - picture (opinions/critiques welcome)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are about 18% bodyfat.

Yoi cant really build muscle on a cut, but keep lifting to maintain what you do have.

Keep cutting down to 10-12% (should take you 12-14 weeks) then start a lean bulking phase for at least a year.

Oh, also please figure out your caloric requirements and nutrition partitioning. That diet pains me to look at.

Outside of that great job man.
Of course you can build muscle while losing bodyfat, that is just silliness to suggest otherwise. The key to that is to lift relatively heavy weights while eating a higher amount of protein.

Especially when just starting out, it's much easier for them.

I'd recommend doing the Stronglifts 5 x 5 program, it will give you a good base with compound exercises that will actually make a difference. Eat plenty of protein and sleep 8-9 hours a night. For the first 3 months I'd recommend eating 1.5-2g of protein per pound of lean bodyweight, dropping to 1.25-1.5g after that for the next 3 months and then down to 1g per pound of lean bodyweight after that.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course you can build muscle while losing bodyfat, that is just silliness to suggest otherwise. The key to that is to lift relatively heavy weights while eating a higher amount of protein.

Especially when just starting out, it's much easier for them.

I'd recommend doing the Stronglifts 5 x 5 program, it will give you a good base with compound exercises that will actually make a difference. Eat plenty of protein and sleep 8-9 hours a night. For the first 3 months I'd recommend eating 1.5-2g of protein per pound of lean bodyweight, dropping to 1.25-1.5g after that for the next 3 months and then down to 1g per pound of lean bodyweight after that.
Noobs can build some negligable muscle on a cut but nothing worth noting.

Stronglifts 5x5 is a good program for building strength but i personally would either use a straight hypertrophy rep range, ive seen a lot of dudes stall on stronglifts for months, its also wasy to get injured because you are lifting too heavy too soon before your stabalizers build up, i got injured twice on SL because i was squatting and deadlifting ridiculous weight within a couple of months.

Pryamid sets 12-10-8-6 is the way to go, i got far better gains.

Id also say you need no more than 1gm protein per lb. Again i spent months on 1.5gm before i dropped to .75gm per lb and replaced the rest with carbs.

I felt much stronger in the gym, and geavier weight plus more reps = growth.

But thats just my advice fellas

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like two different people. Hats off to you.
Thanks!
Great job losing the weight but I would expect leaner and more muscular results since you're training with weights and doing cardio 6xs a week. The diet you outlined looks solid but per other posters I'd estimate your BF at 15-20%.

Are your workouts intense and challenging?
They are. I've been reading a bit, and (now) 45 pounds is apparently a lot to lose in 3 months. I think I'm doing pretty good :D

I'll post a progress pic in a couple months and we'll see what kind of difference there is.