1. Tip: You can change the look of the forum by going to the bottom of the page and clicking on Default.
    Dismiss Notice

Your best one word response if ANY to a text breakup?

Discussion in 'Don Juan Discussion' started by Naughty Ninja, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Naughty Ninja

Naughty Ninja Banned

You know the deal. You get the coward chick who tries to breakup with you over text.

(I personally would go ghost. No contact. It drives them nuts with wondering..)

But, if you simply could not restrain yourself from replying with a ONE or two WORD reply to a chick breaking up with you over text what would you use to come off as not affected by her attempt before vanishing completely?

A few come to mind. Again I wouldn't bother replying, but for other dudes who felt they HAD to...

"Ok"

"Aiiight."

"Dueces kid."

or simply: "Ghost"

2. Jariel

Jariel Master Don Juan

I always accept rejection gracefully. "No problem. It's been fun. All the best. x"

I think it's good to show you can handle rejection because it shows her you're a strong person and not an emotional liability, so it leaves the door open for anything that might happen in the future.

In my opinion, one word answers don't convey indifference as they remind me too much of a sulking woman.

3. ryanjevo

ryanjevo Don Juan

Similar, I broke up with a girl over the phone cause the ***** wouldn't see me and I said its over. Told her no hard feelings, I wish you the best.

4. bigneil

bigneil Master Don Juan

The word is no word at all.

No Contact. She isn't giving you what you want so you walk. That is the rule. There is never any whining or nagging her about what she doesn't do.

As Jarial noted, one of the biggest tests a woman will ever put you through is to see you how handle her dumping you. If you handle it right (and it's a small chance) you can increase her interest level. While she'll still do whatever she was going to do, she'll probably come back within 10 days.

The attitude must be one of abundance. For example, yesterday I texted my gf to confirm whether we were going out last night to celebrate Valentine's at midnight. At first I was worried she wouldn't text back. Then I started HOPING she wouldn't - I would save money and get to go out by myself. Of course, she showed up on time to the minute.

5. Desdinova

Desdinova Moderator

6. NotAgain

NotAgain Don Juan

One reply after she gives the 'breakup' keeping it polite etc etc and ignore ignore ignore and move on with your life.

7. 5string

5string Master Don Juan

Two words actually:

Bye Bye

8. vatoloco

vatoloco Master Don Juan

"Who is this?"

^^^ This is my personal favorite. I call it my infallible text. Use it well.

1 person likes this.
  9. Atom Smasher

Atom Smasher Moderator

Either nothing at all or:

ok

No period, just the two letters. Conveys minimal investment.

10. floydb25

floydb25 Master Don Juan

Ha ha! Winner.

11. Naughty Ninja

Naughty Ninja Banned

If I were to send a one or two word response it would most likely be a wise ass one and that's it.

Hilarious, cool, or You're silly. Those would most likely would get a chick extremely pissed especially if you go complete ghost afterward.

Never did that before though. Just vanished. Just a thread for dudes who can't restrain themselves at having the last word if a breakup is done to them over text.

12. Love's Orphan

Love's Orphan Don Juan

AH! or HA! Then go NC.

13. the_stig

the_stig Senior Don Juan

"Sounds good. See you around"

Last year around this time I'd been seeing this girl, we weren't exclusive, but she sure led me like we were. She dropped me hard over text, and being pretty sure another guy was in the picture, I experimented and responded with "that's fine, I had my eye on someone else anyways" and went NC. She was back in a week or two.

14. shizz702

shizz702 Senior Don Juan

I'm of the opinion the best thing you can do or say is: NOTHING! Don't even give them the satisfaction of closure. Keep em wondering.

15. Jeffst1980

Jeffst1980 Master Don Juan

Say nothing.

Breaking up over text is tacky. Don't reward her with any type of closure.

16. Iceberg

Iceberg Master Don Juan

How about if I do an overdramatic, "Noooooooo" and then never speak to her again?

I'm kind of joking, but now that I think about it, I feel like making fun of her breakup attemp kind of deflates any ego boost she'd get by pulling a move like that.

17. gimmeyofonenumba

gimmeyofonenumba Master Don Juan

I Like this one. It would probably get a chuckle. I' send the "nooooo.. my heart is crushed ahh." Immediately followed by "Im. Jk. You're a sweet girl and I truly wish you the best. It was fun."

18. vatoloco

vatoloco Master Don Juan

There, improved it fer ya! :D

19. Iceberg

Iceberg Master Don Juan

I actually did something similar once. I went on one date with this girl, and didn't really like her, but a few days later, I tried to be nice and sent a text saying, "It was nice meeting you."

An hour later she replied with some 4-paragraph text talking about "I believe in honesty, and I just want to say that I don't see us moving forward romantically. We can be friend, blah blah..."

First I'm thinking to myself - I met this chick once. Why give me some long-winded break up when I barely know you. Just ignore my text.

Anyway, so I replied in all caps and exclamation points, "WHAT!!!!" Then I said, "Just kidding. Sure, we're friends." and that was it.

I don't know where this fits into the DJ philosophy, but I was just having fun with a girl who, apparently, takes dating way too seriously.

20. Zarky

Zarky Master Don Juan

How about:

Eeheheheh!!

That'll throw her off