Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Windy City Chronicles 3: Approach/Dating journal

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Nice work. Consistency will pay off. Just keep doing it. I appreciate reading your journal because it reminds me of myself about 8 years ago. You seem very determined to succeed but what I admire even more is your willingness to extend yourself beyond your comfort zone.

Just keep working it.
Thanks Espi.

Quick update on the journal. Hung out with Shani on Wednesday. Went to see a movie and then hung at my place for an hour or two.

Called Christina, the girl from the neighborhood bar to arrange for a date on Wednesday. She didn't respond to my voicemail and I haven't heard from her since.

Next, I invited Elizabeth, the girl who I made out with at the club to accompany me. She said she had class at night but would like to hang out another time. I counteroffered with something Saturday evening after I hang with the fellas. She agreed, but it feels kinda low probability going into the weekend.

I sent a text to Andrea (the other number I got from the club last weekend who didn't respond to my call) inviting her to go on the date but she declined. Two strikes and you're out.

I forgot to post an update about Megan. She called me the weekend before her marriage wanting to hang out. She sounded like she had cold feet but they must have warmed up because she didn't respond to my call when we were supposed to hang out. I have a feeling that this won't be the last time that I hear from her though, even though she is married now. Really is just an afterthought in the grand scheme of things.

Heading to a fundraiser shortly. Should be some high quality female there hopefully. Not really in a party mood to be honest but it will do me good to get out of the house. Glad I was able to write some of my ideas out today and decompress a little.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Met a 31 year old Puerto Rican at the Fundraiser. Very smart and driven although not 100% my type in terms of looks. Had a good conversation with her and found out stuff about her. Got her number and made out with her on the walk to catch her a taxi. Contemplated inviting myself over for a nightcap but decided against it.

Partied a little bit more after this but my interactions with females didn't lead to anywhere for the rest of my clubbing experience. On the way home I randomly I got a text when I was heading home from Connie. We hadn't talked or hung out recently, but a text @ 3am only means one thing really. Invited her over and did the hippity-dippity.

In 'what-are-the-odds' news, Connie recently moved into the exact same Apartment Complex as my main plate, Mackenzie. No bueno at all. Gonna have to be very careful in the future.

On the agenda today is a day party. Technically it is still inside a dark club so I am not sure if that counts as a day party imo but whatever. After that I am 'scheduled' to kick it with Elizabeth but I think it will be a coin toss as to whether we actually hang out. She was very interested when we met but has tapered off in our phone interactions. I am not emotionally invested in us meeting up, but I wouldn't mind it. Gonna shoot her a feeler text to see where she is at mentally in a few minutes.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still out here grinding. Been meeting a few females and grabbing digits but not much has developed. Still spinning about four plates though so I can't complain.

I do think i realized one area I can get better today. My main area of expertise is rapport. I like listening to a female, figuring what she is all about, and acting accordingly. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It is good when I find someone that is open and looking for a connection, but it is bad when a chick isn't about that life and/or is just DTF.

Recently I realized that I have been trying to gain rapport instead of attraction and I have been getting blown out by chicks after I grab the number. I need to dial up the C&F and flirtation more before i go too heavy into the rapport. Keep it light and fun and then try and ramp up the sexuality. Kino, eye contact, sexual conversation, etc. That should be the name of the game for me right now since I am not interested in a relationship.

Anyways today I went to a day party. Met a lot of girls but no real success. Luckily, I went for a stroll downtown afterwards and met a cutie downtown and insta-dated her at the Chicago River. Had a quick makeout session and caked it for a while. Not sure if it is gonna go anywhere, but it was a nice reminder for myself that I never know what will happen during an approach so to stick with it.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ Didn't go anywhere with the girl above. I gave her my # and told her to call me when she offered me her #. She never called.

Regarding new prospects, there are two girls I met on street approaches since my last update. The first girl Missy, I met on the way to a liquor tasting event around 6:30 after work one day. I saw her at the crosswalk talking on her phone and was interested. I walked behind her a few minutes and then didn't hear her say anything on her phone so I thought she had hung up. I approached her and she was actually on the phone still. However, when I approached, she said, "Mom, actually can I give you a call back?" which meant that I had a legit shot. Talked for a block or two and then got the number.

After that however, I was waiting a day or two for responses to texts so I busted on her and suggested we talk over the phone. The convo went well and we have had a handful of other good conversations over the phone since then. It is no surprise that the text response time has improved dramatically since we talked over the phone. Flaking/indifference is a result of low-interest... the hard part is figuring out how to increase interest if she isn't giving you the opportunity to display personality. I think that the phone call is a better follow up than the text message but the issue is, many people (myself included at times) are inherently afraid of those moments of silence during a phone call with someone you are not too close to. What I am starting to do more recently is to follow up my number close with a text of my name as well as letting them know I will give them a call later. ie: "Hey this is macallik. Nice talking to ya. I'll give you a call later on"

Anyways last back to Missy. Last weekend we finally hung out. During the day we saw a movie downtown and then went for drinks after. Cute and good conversation but I didn't get a super interested vibe from her, and towards the end of the date I offered to walk her home and she kinda just told me she was a big girl and could do it herself. I think I read to much into it but I didn't text/call her for a few days and she reinitiated which is a good sign. With that said, she is scheduled to leave the city for the summer in the next week or two, so I need to press the issue more and stop dilly-dallying.

The second girl Theresa is only 21. I had my eye on her when I saw her leaving a Macys from across the street. She looked like my type. As luck would have it, she crossed to the side of the street that I was on. She walked by and I balked but then I grabbed my balls and chased her down for the convo. She seemed sort of interested but it was far from my smoothest approach so I wasn't too sure about the outcome. However, we talked on the phone and I laid out a good conversation that piqued her interest. In fact we had a date for a Thursday but the forecast looked like it might rain so she moved the date to take place on a Tuesday instead. That is a sign of interest.

So yeah, we hung out Tuesday and barhopped a bit and she ended up spending the night. Since then we have hung out two more times. She is cool to hang around with, I just want to make sure I am not giving the bf vibe or anything.

Positives
- I am working on deconstructing self-limiting beliefs regarding attractive women and my chances with them
- Calling on the phone has lead to deeper rapport/attraction which makes subsequent date suggestions much more easier. I think most people are texting and so calling separates me from other people and allows me to display personality better.

Negatives
- My phone bill is through the roof lol. I need to remember to call via WiFi when I am home to save money
- I haven't done nearly as much cold approaches as I would like. Out of the handful that I have done, I was able to scrub two prospects together, but if I really got out there like I have in the past, I would have had even more success potentially.

Objectives
- Spend less money clubbing: It is a waste of time compared to meeting women for free in downtown Chicago. I want clubs to be like a bonus level for meeting women... I only want to do it when I am 110% on fire and confident. Outside of that, clubs are too expensive for me to be indecisive.
- Find cheap/free dates to do: I have been going over my monthly budget recently because the dates can become expensive.
- Pump out more street approaches: I am aiming for three solid approaches a week right. If/when things get going well, I will increase the number but I want to start something manageable.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing some thinking recently about relationships. I feel like if a person hasn't been in a relationship for a long time, and then falls heavily in love with the first suitor they meet, there is a high probability that the relationship will fail.

I think it is essential for everyone to date around and gain experience/knowledge before committing to a long term relationship (read: Marriage). If you don't have any experience of what it is like to grow with a person or grow apart from someone, you want to figure that out before you are sitting with a marriage counselor wondering where it all went wrong. If you don't have experience in knowing what you like/dislike in a relationship, you want to figure it out before you are over 40 and scrolling through the divorcees on Craigslist.

In my experience, people that date infrequently (or date 'their type of romantic interest' infrequently) before entering long term relationships tend to romanticize the relationship: they put a lot of meaning and expectations into the relationship without confirmation that a) they are compatible with their partner or b)their partner wants what they want... Basically, people who don't date around are in a perpetual state of puppy love.

For me personally, I am on the other side of the spectrum currently. Recently, I have been perhaps exclusively dating my type, and on a consistent basis. Females are falling for me, but since I have multiple plates spinning, I don't view the interaction with quite as much emotion.

However, in the same vein that it is socially abnormal for someone to place too much meaning on an interaction because they haven't been in a relationship for an extended period of time, it is equally socially abnormal on my end to see little meaning in an interaction simply because I had a similar experience the two nights ago... Just because I build rapport with multiple women doesn't mean it isn't a unique experience for an individual woman.

I am not saying that spinning plates is wrong by any means, nor am I saying that what I am doing is abnormal -it is economics 101 to place less value on a resource that is plentiful - but rather what I am saying is that it is socially abnormal and so I cannot expect females to be on the same page as me when my dating life is contrary to the average person's dating life. As a result, I need to better manage the expectations of my plates so that I do not feel as if I am leading women along.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Might be adding another girl to the rotation. Met her for like 3 minutes on Friday and got her number, went for a drink on Saturday and ended up hanging out for 4-5 hours.

I can't tell if I was in the zone or we just had chemistry but there were little/no lulls in the conversation, I ramped things up sexually with ease, and I had no problem conveying my intentions. I'm not interested in starting a monogamous relationship but it feels good when things go smoothly.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I have learned is that the more options I have, the less I fret about situations. Yesterday, the date I originally had flaked, and the replacement I orchestrated to take her place went MIA as well.

Years ago, this would've ruined my night and made me doubt everything, but nowadays, it really doesn't even factor in as an issue. If I were dating these girls, I would be frustrated, but in the early stages of the game, I really can't expect people to invest a lot of time and effort into things unless they are desperate/extremely high interest.

Patricia is one of the flakes. We met a few weeks ago and I invited her out here and there but she never showed up or took too long to respond. Recently she agreed to go movies but bailed because of 'homework'. One thing I noticed that a lot of guys do wrong on the boards is they try to determine whether she really has 'homework' to do or not. That is completely irrelevant, and figuring out if she is lying or not will do nothing other than bruise your ego or highlight your insecurities. I just continued the conversation without missing a beat.

The other girl is Beth. We hung out once and did the hippity-dippity but since then, she texted me stuff that I perceived to be clingy and distanced myself. Now, when I try to schedule a meet-up, there is resistance, but I do not take it personally and understand the reasoning behind her actions. With that said, there are flakes that leave me scratching my head, but after a bit of brainstorming, if there is nothing I can improve upon in the future, the only option I have left is to move on to the next female that I am attracted to.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One other topic I want to touch on briefly is rapport. I feel like I am killing it when it comes to rapport lately. It is too the point where I see things I can say, but avoid them because I don't want people to fall for me. I will work on bringing my attraction-game up to speed so that it is equally potent, and I don't have to worry about managing expectations as often.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back after a not-so-brief hiatus. I will find time to document and reflect on my experiences in the journal again.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Currently there are three new women that I am trying to follow up on. Courtney lives in the suburbs of Chicago and so the chances of us hanging out or meeting up again are relatively low.

Janelle is newly transplanted to the city. We talked on the phone and head a great conversation for two hours but she doesn't text at all and she flaked on me over the weekend without proposing a counter-offer. I contemplated sending a text to her that told her that since she is responsible for cancelling, the ball is in her court to set up a new meeting but I decided against it. I will give her a call in a few days to rebuild interest/attraction and attempt to set up another date. Obviously, her current actions reflect poorly on her, but I don't think it would be smart to blow up about it having only met once and talked twice.

The third girl is Missy. We met at the club and I stole some brief kisses from her. I definitely worked on escalating and she was rubbing my **** and talking dirty. She said that I can come to her place but sleep on the couch (Just sleep on the couch... Riiiiiiiiight) but her friends did some major ****blocking and so that fell through.

The next day she came and hung up with me and some friends and then told me that she has a long-distance relationship going on and the guy is scheduled to be in town in a few days. I set up a salsa date and she flaked on it. We talked on the phone for about an hour or so the next day. She told me a few stories about how she gets wasted when she is out with her bf and they get into arguments because she gets too flirty and then invited me to hang out with her and her friends when her boyfriend comes to town the next day. I basically told her that I can't smile in her bf's face knowing what I want to do with her.

IMO, a girl who is committed to a relationship would understand my intentions and decide not to hang out anymore. Instead we are going to hang out again when her sister is in town. If the sister is cute, depending on the vibe I get, I may just go after her. More than likely, I am guessing that I will end up using the sister to make Missy jealous and then seeing if I can push the envelope once we start drinking. Missy is definitely not relationship material, but I am interested to see if I can get anything sexual from her.

That is where I stand right now. I am interested in getting some solid new plates because right now I am down to one consistent plate essentially. Had sex with a girl from a dating website last month but she wanted more so I just let things fall by the wayside.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Missy
On Tuesday I get a call at 4pm from Missy asking me if I am ready to hang out with her and her sister when I knock off in an hour. Since I hadn't heard a peep from Missy about hanging out, I have absolutely nothing planned, but I agree. I meet up with Missy and her sister and we walk around downtown and see the sites. For a while, I felt like I was hanging out with my girlfriend and her sister. Not because I felt a strong connection or anything, but just the dynamic of flirting and joking around with Missy as well as trying to keep her sister entertained. It was a fun experience. One thing that was that Missy had a trip to a popular destination planned and her girl friend bailed on her. She asked if I wanted to come with for the weekend and attempted to convince me to take the trip with her. I don't really do trips with people I have smashed, so I sure as hell am not taking a trip with someone who I haven't smashed, so I declined. She asks me what does she think she should do and I suggest that she cancel her ticket and see if she can get a refund.

As we are hanging out, she calls and gets a refund of her ticket and then proceeds to tell me that her weekend is now free and that we should hang out a lot now that she has all of this extra time. I already had a date planned in the middle of the day on Saturday and so logistically it seemed like a bad idea to commit to a weekend full of dates. She asks me when I am taking her out and I flip it and ask her when she is taking me out. She objects and then lets the subject drop. In retrospect, this was a sincere attempt to hang out with me and build rapport so instead of playing the ****y & funny spiel, I should've just committed to hanging out but let her know I have some other stuff planned so I would let her know exactly what we will do when I move some stuff around.

Anyways, after walking all over downtown Chicago, I go back to their place to pick up my bags and we chill and talk on the couch some more. It was a fun experience and I thought I saw that twinkle in her eyes that you see when a girl starts to fall for you. We tentatively made plans to hang out the next day. Missy said she would reach out to me to confirm whether or not she would make it but she never did. Towards the end of the day, I sent her a text and she said that she got into a huge fight with her boyfriend over the phone and needed to decompress so she booked a flight to another city for a weekend getaway.

On the plus side (from my personal perspective) there is strife going on in her relationship with her on-again-off-again long distance relationship. However, I feel like because I did not take her invitation to hang out over the weekend seriously, I missed an opportunity to set up a follow up date. She said that we will hang out when she gets back and hopefully I can still strike while (or maybe 'if') the iron is hot.

Janelle
Things with Janelle have been kind of mixed. Basically, she takes forever to respond to calls/texts or forgets to respond completely, but whenever we do communicate, it is pretty solid, deep rapport. I have given her a lot of space because she has a lot going on in her life right now, but it got to the point where I asked her if she needed space to sort her life out first and then we can try and see if we can hang out down the road. She declined and wants to keep me in her life.

We have a date scheduled for this afternoon in a few hours. I'd put the odds at 60% that we will actually meet up. Originally we were supposed to have a date at a comedy club at 8pm, but last night, she texted me saying that her brother is forcing her to hang out and so she wants to see if she can move the date forward. Previously, I would've taken this as a slight and may have said/done something that messed up the interaction. Now, though, I remember that the purpose of a date is to hang out and build rapport or a connection. Once that happens, I would assume she will be less likely to flake in the future. Honestly though, what is throwing me off is that I thought that I had previously shown my worth and value in our prior conversations so the uncertainty on her end is throwing me for a loop slightly. I think part of it could be due to insecurity and a desire not to be vulnerable perhaps. The catch-22 is the more I feel like she is playing games, the less likely I am to approach her from a sincere mental place.

I suppose the best thing to do in this situation is to assume the best while keeping an eye out for evidence to the contrary.

Tracey
Tracey is a friend of a (platonic) female friend that I met her at a function about a month ago. The ratio at the function was not in my favor and so when it came to talking to her, I did more drinking than talking. However, at the end of the night, she lived on my street, so I walked her home and it was just the two of us. We talked outside of her house for a good twenty minutes or so. The conversation touched on a wide range of topics, but also included attitudes towards sex and relationships. I somewhat playfully invited myself up which she begrudgingly declined but the intent was there and was clear. I didn't grab her number which was partial oversight on my part but my level of attraction wasn't as high with her as my other prospects, so I chalked it up to the game.

Recently, on the way to work, she actually got on my bus but I only noticed her when she got off the bus and no opportunity to speak arose. This week, she caught my bus again and this time we noticed each other and spoke. Got her number and told her we should grab a drink and catch up one day and she agreed. I thought about staggering a date for after my date with Janelle, but I don't want to consciously make certain plates 'rebound' plates that I only hang out with when the plates I am most interested in have other plans. I will likely try and schedule something during the week. There is a bar a few blocks from where we both live so I might set something up there on Monday so that the football game is on as well.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive suggestions @Last of the Alphas

Janelle
She didn't flake on the date.

She did push the date back an hour but she reached out to me in advance and so no harm no foul. Based on her lack of responsiveness over the phone, I was slightly nervous that the conversation wouldn't flow as well and so planned on playing some games at Dave & Busters to break the ice. However, that wasn't even necessary. We didn't play a single game but we managed to have a flowing conversation for 2-3 hours which is a good sign. There were quite a few instances where I made a mental note of something that we both agreed on. I mean, verbally, I have a habit of building rapport by looking for similarities anyways, but with her particularly, quite a few of the topics we sincerely had the same outlook on.

With the average girl, I think we had the kind of date where I could easily establish a follow up date or sit back and wait for the girl to reach out to me, but with Janelle, her communication skills reverted back to mediocre after the date. Her communications (or lack thereof) is still as seemingly indifferent as ever when we are not talking face-to-face. We texted briefly on Monday but I haven't reached out to her since and she definitely hasn't attempted to contact me.

The conundrum is that during the deep conversations we've had, she has hinted that she attempts to be in control emotionally to avoid getting hurt or feeling vulnerable. I actually got the impression that she might overdo this to the point that it inadvertently sabotage current/potential relationships. If this is the case, then mentally, I want to break through that wall and get her to fully open up to me and let her guard down, but at the end of the day, I also know that if she falls for me I probably will not be in a position to catch her. I am not saying that I will **** and forget her, but at the same time, if she falls for me and attempts to pursue an exclusive relationship with me, it will not end well. Then I feel like I might be reaffirming the idea that she should control her emotions because if/when she finally opens up to me, she will end up getting hurt. Kind of a moral dilemma for me personally.

Another potential outcome is that she is interested in me as a person, but not as a partner. We have talked about a lot of stuff, but in retrospect, I may have focused too much on being intellectually stimulating, and not enough on stimulating her senses in other ways, or even just touching more frequently on ideas that she was interested in.

More than likely I will continue to pursue Janelle, but I can feel myself becoming more detached. I used to try and conjure up the right string of words to make her respond to my texts but I feel like our interactions have conditioned me to not put any thought/effort into reaching out to her.

Missy
I went out and had drinks with friends Wednesday night and struggled through the work day on Thursday. When 5pm slowly showed its face, I was ready to head home and crawl into bed but I got a text from Missy asking how my night went. Since she lives nearby, I asked if she was interested in hanging out with me and doing something lowkey and she was game. I met her at her place, dropped off my bag and then we walked downtown looking for a place to grab some food.

It ended up turning into a psuedo insta-date at the bowling alley. We grabbed some food and she bought some shots to get things going. After bowling, we decided to have a night cap at another bar.

I thought the night was going well, and she did too apparently, because as we are leaving the bowling alley, she turns to me and asks:

Missy: Do you wanna just grab a bottle and drink at my place?
Macallik: Yeah we could do that...
Missy: Ok... and you said you work near XYZ right? Do you wanna just go to your place and get a change of clothes and then sleep at my place?
Macallik: That sounds like a plan...
Missy: Ok are you sure? If you don't want to hang out, you can just say no.
Macallik: Trust me. I know how to say no when I want to. I'm down

Anyways fast forward an hour or so. We taking shots and dancing in her living room while listening to music. A few kisses here and there but nothing majeur. She lets me know that she broke up with her boyfriend. Anyways we drink a lot and then eventually retire to the bed. She asks me if I normally sleep in my shirt or not. I can take a hint so I take my shirt off. Same question with my pants and same result by me. We are sitting in bed and I feel like it is just a matter of time until it goes down when all of a sudden she looks startled and gets up and runs to the bathroom covering her mouth. Then she starts puking in the toilet.

If I was sober I'm not quite sure how I'd react to the situation, but I was pretty buzzed and so I essentially took care of her for 30 mins straight. She didn't throw up on herself or anything, but once she stops throwing up and sobers up a little, she strips naked, runs some water and hops in the tub. Of course I drop trow and join her. No hanky panky or anything though because she is still pretty tipsy so we just chill in the tub for a bit.

Eventually we go to the bed and we are hanging out talking on the side of the bed and then after a lull in the conversation, she goes quiet and then starts crying. It starts out as quiet sobs and escalates to strong emotional heaving that ripples through her body. She kept saying how she was a good person and some other things. For some women, I'd take it as a sign of craziness to see something like that, but for her it seemed more cathartic... very human and it is hard for me not to be empathetic in those situations. To me, it was pretty clear that she was still emotionally raw from breaking up with her long distance boyfriend and struggling to understand the shortcomings of their relationship, so I just held her and consoled her until she calmed down.

Anyways, she cleans up and we go to sleep and wake up periodically throughout the night to drink water or rearrange ourselves on the bed. We start fooling around and somehow my **** manages to sneak through the security that is her panties and find its way into her. She was definitely conflicted was pushing me away and pulling me deeper insider her at the same time. After few strokes she worked up the willpower to tell me to stop and then seemed kinda distant. I ask her what's up and she tells me that her ex was the only other guy that she's slept with and so now I am #2 and that is just sinking in with her. I tell her we kinda had sex but not really since she stopped me but I don't push the envelope sexually any more and we go to sleep. Later in the morning, we both are awake and talking from like 6am - 8am with our respective limbs intertwined. Eventually we start fooling around again but this time there is no denying that we have sex (although, I have to admit, it was far from my best sexual performance smh).

By then, I am running late for work so we part ways. On the one hand, I really enjoyed Missy's company and the rawness of her emotions. On the other hand though, I think she has a slight drinking problem where she can't just have one drink if she is drinking, she has to get ****-faced. More importantly (imo) she broke up with her ex because he was not ready for a committed relationship and wanted to sleep with other people. I have to figure out a way to separate myself so that she doesn't expect a relationship from me but at the same time, still enjoys hanging out with me.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tracey
I ran into her twice since my last post. She is clearly interested but because she is a friend of a friend, I am starting to think it might not be worth the potential drama. Additionally, I am not quite as attracted to her as my other plates but if I am drunk and horny then aint no telling what will happen.

Olivia
I met Olivia on OK Cupid. She is the exception to the rule for me because generally I do very poorly when it comes to online dating. It seems too insincere to have a script and apparently my charm/wit/style doesn't convey well in cyberspace. In fact, while writing this post, I decided to pack it up and I disabled my profile. Anyways, Olivia and I had a good first date at a bar and then she came back to my place and we fooled around a bit. The next time we hung out we had sex. A few days after that I sent her a booty call text and she gave me some spiel about not being a prostitute which was pretty harsh put me off. She is someone who is interested in a relationship and so she felt slighted by the text. She attempted to put me in the friend zone after that so we just stopped contacting each other.

That was a few weeks ago. She sent me a text on Wednesday and we talked on the phone for about 30 minutes. The conversation wasn't terrible but I definitely sensed an undercurrent of resentment or bitterness which makes me wonder if it is worth attempting to have NSA sex with her or to just call the time of death and move on.

Thoughts

Missy is one of the cutest new women I've been with in recent memory and Janelle is pretty easy on the eyes as well. I have been guilty of occasionally discounting my chances with very attractive women but they throw-up, cry and get their hearts broken just like everyone else.

One thing that stands out in hindsight is just how clear and obvious Missy was in terms of showing interest/intent and the sharp contrast that I experience with Janelle, but again, I don't want to assume that Janelle is disinterested. I believe she is just extremely afraid of being vulnerable. If I don't get telltale signs of interest though, then I feel like my intent will subconsciously shift from attempting to get a real connection/relationship, into saving face and/or pursuing her solely to prove that I can get her.

One other thing that I realize is that as my plates/roster gets better, I can more easily sidestep potentially sticky situations. I can rationally come to the conclusion that Olivia and Tracey are probably not worth the trouble of pursuing and have the willpower in reserve to actually follow through on not pursuing them in a moment of weakness (read: When I'm drunk).

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On Friday, I was scheduled to go to an art show with Missy. She told me that she was feeling a little under the weather and wouldn't make it out though. My friends also couldn't make it at the last minute and so I ended up just staying in because I had a packed Saturday anyways.

So Saturday rolls around and I was scheduled to go to a party that starts @ 12pm with some friends and I had also extended the invite to Missy. She had told me she was coming previously, but I think she was put off because when she called me, I was pregaming with some friends and she heard some female voices. I think that threw her off, because she kinda rushed herself off the phone.

My friends and I finish pregaming and head over to the event where I was on my best behavior as I kept envisioning Missy walking through the door and seeing me chatting up a random girl. However, as the party progressed, it became clear that Missy probably wouldn't be making an appearance. Towards the end of the event, she sent me a text confirming that she wouldn't make it out to the party. To be honest, I wouldn't say that I was hurt or frustrated in the slightest. Maybe it was because there were so many other girls at the event? Not sure. But yeah at the party I ended up talking to two girls of note. The first one I will talk about is Janisse.

Janisse
I saw her from across the bar and so I went to talk to her and my friend talked to her friend. Very cute smile, and we had a flowing 5-10 minute conversation. She is definitely my type although when I honestly evaluate the conversation we had, I am hesitant about the quality. It is not that it was a bad conversation, but when I think of what the objective was (getting her attracted to me) I didn't really get to know what she was interested in so I can't successfully say that I conveyed why I am worth waiting by the phone for.

I have a habit of assuming that women automatically like a guy that knows a lot about a lot of topics and just jump around from theories on life, to pop culture references, to random insights. I think that what I need to focus on in the bar scene specifically, is removing fluff and the assumption that I know what a woman wants. I need to convey my interest/intent via my actions and they don't always have to be verbal...

I still managed to get her number and I will give her a call in the near future. I'd put the odds of a flake at around 60/40 right now.

Callie
I bumped into Callie when I entered the party... or rather she beckoned me over and explained to me how we met before. (We crossed paths a few months ago at an event and sat next to each other but didn't not engage in much conversation)

We have a conversation for 5 minutes and then I head back to my friends. She isn't unattractive but at the time, I was focused on the possibility of seeing Missy and so I didn't engage too much. About 40 minutes later, my friend says that he is attracted to Callie and so I go over to introduce him. They begin a conversation and I migrate to the couches nearby and chat with my other friends. My friend and Callie start dancing on the dance floor a few feet away from me, but in the middle of their dancing, Callie beckons me onto the dance floor and tells me that she wants to see my dance moves. Personally, I feel kinda bad because the scenario resulted in my wingman getting his ego bruised and me getting my ego stroked. It wasn't my intention as I didn't get a vibe that she had her sights set on me previously, but I can definitely see how it looked that way.

As I said, I wasn't extremely attracted to her, but when I saw her dancing with my friend, I couldn't help but noticed how amazing her ass was, which definitely piqued my interest substantially. Also, the clear indicator of interest in me, did work wonders for my interest in her lol. I get up and dance with her and we talk for a bit at the bar. She is definitely interested as she asks that I take down her # at the end of the interaction and keeps saying how I'm not going to text her.

Throughout the event, we talk and dance a few other times. Towards the end of the night, she asks me what I want in a relationship right now, and when I insinuate something casual, she tells me that she is actually in love with someone else and starts to push me away with her actions (ie: telling me I don't have to sit next to her, I don't need to walk with her and her friend to the car, etc) because she says that we want different things and she wants something more than just a casual relationship.

I go to another event with some friends but I am dog tired and leave early. I get home around 12am and respond to her texts by calling her out for wanting me to commit to someone who is in love with another person. (Truth be told, I have trouble committing to people I genuinely know on a deeper level and so the fact that she is in love with someone else wasn't really relevant in my actions but it was convenient)

She sees/acknowledges the catch-22 that she is offering. At this point it is late and so I don't see myself texting back and forth over some fluff. I've been getting really good at building rapport over the phone so I tell her lets talk over the phone for a bit. We end up having a +1 hour convo that is basically me building a mental picture of who she is.

Turns out the person she is in love with is not faithful and so it sounds like she wants to let go of the branch (relationship) that she is currently holding, but not until she has her hands firmly on a new, secure branch.

Throughout, the conversation, I work on managing expectations (as well as showing intent) by mentioning one night stands, and how I don't think sex outside of a relationship is bad, etc. I also learned a lot of other stuff about her. I think I should be able to set up a date pretty easily down the road.

Thoughts
  • One thing I will do in the future is to avoid scenarios that might step on my wingman's toes. If there is even a chance that the girl will slight my wingman and choose me, I have to let him know up front so that everyone is on the same page. One band, one sound.
  • The conversation I had over the phone with Callie was autopilot for the most part. I am getting really good at building deeper rapport, but at the risk of not actually participating in the deeper rapport. When someone tells me about what they believe and their shortcomings, it is something they don't experience every day and it sets me apart. But, I experience it with every girl I am interested in who sits down and talks to me so it doesn't feel as special to me. Maybe if more girls reciprocated with rapport-building questions to find out more about me, it would result in me feeling more of a connection?
  • One thing I noticed is that having multiple plates really deters me from falling for someone too much. I am not quite sure how I feel about this but I don't view it as a positive. What happens is that the idea of falling for one person, also includes the realization that will have to go to all of my other plates and break the news to them that I told them that I wasn't ready for a relationship but I actually am interested in a relationship... just not with them. I can see how they would take that personally and how ****ty of a move it is, so I am kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to developing deeper feelings.
  • I feel like I excel in areas that are very congruent with being a good boyfriend. I need to figure out a way to have sex with women without displaying all of my positive traits.
  • I need to make sure my response to 'Why aren't you in a relationship' is sincere. I have some analogies that I find myself using but I think I can shore up a better response that conveys where I am at in my life right now.
  • Talking to Janisse, I need to remember to have a goal for an interaction outside of making myself look smart. It is about figuring out what she wants and letting her know (indirectly) that I am the guy that can give it to her.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you are on a hot streak, you feel invincible, but it doesn't take much to get me back in check It happened pretty quickly earlier this week. Prior to the last month or so, I had been spinning the same plates more or less for over a year, and so I am used to quick responses and continued interest in me. However, I texted most of the numbers I have gotten over the last few weeks the results were mediocre.

As noted in the last update I had, Missy blew me off for two events we were supposed to hang out at, but then, to make matters worse, I called her during the week and she didn't pick up the phone when I called. I had a piss poor showing sexually and so I am wondering if I will get another shot to prove my prowess in the bed. I texted Janelle and Janisse but neither of them responded.

Waiting anxiously by the phone for anyone respond sucked major donkey ****. I was restless in bed and everything smh. In my head I thought that I had things locked down and was ready to run rampant and add everyone to the team in one fell swoop but this night of texting (or should I say not texting back) had me second guessing myself in a major way.

I managed to rein things in mentally when I reminded myself that I have been here before and I have experienced a lot more rejection/indifference for a much longer period of time and managed to come out on top, so this is just a blip in the radar. The next morning I woke up to no texts which sucked but I was thinking more positively and remember that it only took me a month or so to get where I am now, so if need be, I can drop everyone and start afresh.

As the day(s) progressed, I received responses one by one from each of the girls. Janisse texted me back first. She is the one who told me that she is in love with someone else, so to be honest, she was probably sleeping over his house when I reached out to her. Can't fault her for that as long as she makes time to sleep over my house, so I am mentally at ease with her late response haha.

Janelle was the next person to text me back. Right now, she is quickly becoming the person that I will never text by herself. What I mean by that is that I will never send one text out to her and see what happens... I will only text her if I plan on texting another woman as well. The same goes for setting up dates as well because she has proven to be a flake/unresponsive. I will double book dates and sort things out as I get close to the time we are scheduled to hang out.

Missy was the last person to hit me back. She took the longest to respond but she has the most going on on her life that I know of. She just broke up with her boyfriend of +1 year that took her virginity so she is still dealing with stuff. I let her know that if she needs her space, just say the word. She thanked me and said that she will let me know, but she is cool for now. I don't think it is a good trait to just disappear and stop responding to texts/phone calls... even if you need space, just say "I need some time to think things through" and then I'm good. I don't think we are far enough in our relationship for me to actually give her advice on things like that yet. We will see how things progress.

Earlier today I bumped into a cute girl at the library. Flirted a bit but it turns out that she is friends with a plate I've had for +3 years (and still kinda sorta have). I could've gotten the new girl's phone number but I think it would have led to a very explosive situation so I did the right thing by walking away and not trying to spend my lunch break with her. I hope I don't bump into her again because I might not have as much self-restraint if we continue to cross paths.

Last edited:

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out last night and was about 0/5. Well let me rephrase that, I got 1 # from a tipsy girl that got off at the same train stop as I did, but based on her '877' area code, unless she is a toll-free cellphone, I am pretty sure it is a fake :rofl:. I was a little tipsy so I didn't notice it until after the fact. If I had realized it in the moment, I wouldn't have complained, but I would've busted her balls for giving me a fake number, then see if I can build some rapport/attraction and go for the number again.

I've gone out a lot of nights and had no success but last night I didn't really have a structure to try and drift the night towards success. This is because I didn't have a gameplan. I don't plan on hitting the club/bar scene extensively because it screws up my productivity for the following day, but I need to make sure that I have a strategy in place so that the money I spend on liquor and clubs is worth it. I am going to sit down and try and pinpoint exactly what I want moving forward.

Outside of that, nothing new happening on the female scene. Haven't really had any positive contact with any of my plates. That is the main reason I ended up going out last night...

More when it happens.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What up Macallik, i'm from Chicago to, what side of town you from? How has you progress been with the women in Chicago?

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey @PeasantPlayer , I stay on the south-side. Progress has been good overall. It is never a straight-line in terms of progress. Usually a handful of steps forward and 1-2 steps back but overall I am leaps and bounds better than when I first moved to the city.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey @PeasantPlayer , I stay on the south-side. Progress has been good overall. It is never a straight-line in terms of progress. Usually a handful of steps forward and 1-2 steps back but overall I am leaps and bounds better than when I first moved to the city.
I hear ya, how you liking the city so far? I'm up North

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@PeasantPlayer I like the city. PM me if you wanna grab a drink or hit the town sometime.

So recently, I've popped by a few journals outside my own and noticed quite a few people who are on the road to improvement regarding women but don't really have plans in place. I have had some success in my dating life in this journal, but I too realize that I do not have any structure when it comes to defining what I want and setting a gameplan in motion to achieve what I want.

I will have a few posts that delve into how I will increase the probability of success on a day-to-day basis as well as in the long run. This post will focus on the night life scene.

My goals when I run night-game:
  • To approach women: I still flirt with AA on a regular basis but when I look back, I have never had a sh!tty night as long as I went out and forced myself to approach. I have had mediocre nights where I went 0/12 haha, but I still sleep pretty well on those nights because I know that the odds are in my favor in the long run.... The more women I meet, the more likely I am to bump into someone that is interested in me. This makes sense from a probability perspective as well as personal experience.
  • To show sexual intent: One night stands and same night lays haven't happened too frequently to me as of late, but at least one factor that is to blame is a lack of trying. When my night-game isn't firing on all cylinders, I often mentally bury even the possibility of sex with a stranger. I have fingered girls on dancefloors, I've gotten head in a club bathroom from a girl I just met, etc. I need to remind myself of the possibilities and push the envelope when appropriate. As a
  • To have fun: To be honest, I have the most fun when I am achieving my goals for the night-life. Yes, I enjoy hanging out with friends at the club/bar scene but, I don't go to loud clubs packed with attractive women so that I can spend more quality time with my friends. Even if I am hanging out with my squad, if I am not approaching/meeting women, then in the back of my mind, I know that the night could be better. Also, if I am rolling solo, the only way that translates into a fun night for me is getting out there and making things happen..
Okay, so I have spelled out my goals when it comes to night-game, now I want to figure out ways to increase the likelihood that I achieve my goals:
How to be more consistent when it comes to: Approaching Women
  • Warm up sets: If/when I can acknowledge that some interactions are throwaway sets, it really takes all of the fear of judgment and rejection out of the equation.
  • Affirmations before I leave the house: Simple things like remembering approaches that went great or turned into relationships help remind me how things can fall into place with repetition.
  • Read DJ Bible and archived posts from fastseduction: MrSex4uNYC is my favorite by far. I will post some links in the future of some of my favorite DJ Bible articles as well (FYI most are +10 years old threads)

How to be more consistent when it comes to: Showing Sexual Intent
  • Steer the conversation towards sexual topics: If my goal is to get sex on their brain, bringing up sex in a casual way is a good idea. I don't want to be the perv-y guy or anything but I definitely have the speed and wit to guide a conversation artfully into a sexual nature.
  • Increase kino: This, I have to work on. Because lately I have dealt mostly with women I am attracted to, I am used to overt kino such as butt slaps, footsie, squeezing tits, tickling, etc. However, for women who I am intent on building attraction with, I need to change gears a bit. Right now, the main thing I can think of is the ambiguous touching. Like when you were in high school and walking next to your crush and your shoulders brushed ever so slightly. The stuff that makes you wonder whether it was intentional or accidental. I think that is the kind of touching that sparks interest as opposed to shoulder rubs and the likes, so I will have to find ways to do these type of things. I don't think it should be too hard in a club/bar setting. Things like when I am talking to a woman in a loud area, having my lips graze her ear as I try to make myself heard by speaking closely to her, etc.
  • Heavy eye contact and lip-licking: Gotta work on my bedroom eyes. For me, it is easiest to do this when my mind is completely in the gutter. Like when I am walking around with a constant hard-on and visualizing how a girl would look naked or giving me head. I don't want abuse this state and turn into a sleazeball but I want to be able to tap into it on a moment's notice. In order to do that, I also need to:
  • Lay off choking the chicken: Nothing wrong with releasing some 'stress' here and there, but moderation is key. Don't want to feel lethargic in the field.

How to be more consistent when it comes to: Having Fun
  • Reference this post prior to going out: To me, having fun is doing things that get me closer to reaching my goals. I can get rejected and still have fun as long as I am trying new things and getting better each day.