Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why I Hate Short Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
This kid at my school, he doesnt even hit 5'1. He has the one of the hottest girl friends at school. Lol, idk about him but he must have a rockin personality.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'6.5-5'7". This is worse than being a tiny bit taller, and its worse than being shorter too, the reason why is that your just UNDER the height where you actually get taken seriously. But you are still under it. When you are even shorter, girls don't take you seriously, but they do give you a fighting chance, and when you are taller, girls are just naturally attracted to you. Most of my friends my height don't even get the opportunity to use game.

And yes its a pain in the *ss knowing that you can beat shyt in a fight out of the guys disrespecting you who only have a couple of inches on you, but they still disrespect you nonetheless.

My only option is to hit the gym, honestly, because an average build short guy apparently looks pathetic to women.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
yo, Jitterbug-do you get girls though?
I felt fine about my height until last year (I'm almost 23) after being rejected for it non-stop. Sometimes, you can feel confident about it, but it doesn't help. I'm 5'8 too. Just be glad you aren't an inch shorter. It's funny, a 5'7 guy looks so much shorter than me, cuz once you get below 5'8 every inch makes you look tiny.
I do get girls. I've never thought about my height, let alone feel self-conscious about it when I'm around people. It's all about your presence as a Protector - which is one major thing women respond to. Height is a physical representation of a Protector. However, there are other things that can do the same job: strength (physical and mental), voice projection, speed & agility, stamina, strong balance etc. If girls feel safe & protected around you, that's all that matters. They often have a height preference because often that's their only way of interpreting their attraction for the Protector type.

I know plenty of guys who are taller than me (there are a lot of very tall Aussie guys around here) who look like they've shrunken down a great deal when I see them in a social situation. They aren't getting sh!t.

Of course all things being equal, taller is better, BUT things are never equal. Human beings are very dynamic individuals.

aldaris

Banned
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
I'm 5'6.5-5'7". This is worse than being a tiny bit taller, and its worse than being shorter too, the reason why is that your just UNDER the height where you actually get taken seriously. But you are still under it. When you are even shorter, girls don't take you seriously, but they do give you a fighting chance, and when you are taller, girls are just naturally attracted to you. Most of my friends my height don't even get the opportunity to use game.

And yes its a pain in the *ss knowing that you can beat shyt in a fight out of the guys disrespecting you who only have a couple of inches on you, but they still disrespect you nonetheless.

My only option is to hit the gym, honestly, because an average build short guy apparently looks pathetic to women.
i respect this post. you are honest. it does suck to be short. that is why a lot of short guys have a chip on their shoulders. like they have to pick on bigger guys like me when they are with some hor. shortness for a guy is like age on a broad. both denote lack of fertility (at least in the mind of the opposite sex).

now, that doesn't mean you will never find love or a hor to keep your love stick warm at night. of course not. you just have a handicap. just keep on giving it your best shot. as coach use to say, "you lil' *****es need to start acting like you don't really need tampons." i just realized that quote has nothing to do with any of this. oh well, it is a good quote.

pumping iron for little guys? i see tons of little guys at the gym. sometimes i am afraid i will drop a weight on one of them. my advice? m-u-s-i-c. music was made so that little guys could attract the opposite sex. think about it. ever see a rocker and say, "i could take that guy."?

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to go with freud's idea that there are 2 things that drive humans: Aggression and Sex. I would say that physical appearance is a trait based on attraction on the sexual side. Aggression, however, can have nothing to do with appearance. For example, in the caveman days, a woman might find the male who was most aggressive in the hunt for food most attractive. This doesn't necessarily hold true anymore, but there are other forms of aggression. The best example of an aggressive trait that most women are attracted to today would be social aggression. My point. Yes appearance plays a part. You can definitley even up the odds though, if you don't let it get to you.

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is really an American thing. I have never seen people as obsessed by height as what you guys are. I have no idea where it comes from.

American women LURVE tall guys? When was the last time you saw the way your women act in Europe? I can promise you, the french, italians and greeks are hardly tall people. They would be the chip on the shoulder under 5' 9 ers you blokes are talking about. They are banging American holiday makers left and right.

I swear, sometimes its as if you are LOOKING for an excuse for your lack of results. Men who think that height matters are actually creating the problem. Women are starting to desire it because you are convincing them that taller men are higher status.

Seriously. WTF?

Trinitron

Banned
Reaction score
Wired for Sound said:
He already told you. He's insecure, and thus made an attempt to seek validation from the rest of the forum by telling everyone that he's "tall and good-looking". He also criticizes the attributes of others in another attempt to feel better about himself, so I guess you could say it's a sort of "double-whammy" of compliment-seeking.
Ha You said what I was thinking. So long as you cna make your way in life, have a job and get laid it shouldn't be a problem. I do know a couple of short people who just can't get over it and feel the need to stare people every where they go.

U

user43770

wutangfinancial said:
yo, Jitterbug-do you get girls though?
I felt fine about my height until last year (I'm almost 23) after being rejected for it non-stop. Sometimes, you can feel confident about it, but it doesn't help. I'm 5'8 too. Just be glad you aren't an inch shorter. It's funny, a 5'7 guy looks so much shorter than me, cuz once you get below 5'8 every inch makes you look tiny.

And yes, ALL the 20 something virgins on this board are under 5'9.

The best solution? GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY....namely Mexico! anything over 5'6 is a good height in Mexico!

The guys I really feel sorry for are those under 5'5-5'6....they really can't do anything...or ever really be loved...I've never met a guy under 5'5/5'6 that's married, etc. And there's no where in the world they can go where they'll be a good height.

Geez. That attitude isn't going to get you anywhere, buddy. I'm your height and I don't have a problem getting laid. You ever thought it might be your personality? Cheer the fvck up.

Girls love confidence, by the way. Fake it if you have to.

U

user43770

wutangfinancial said:
I actually agree with Aldaris, though. Short guys are often pricks, or overly dominating in conversation. But, you have to understand just how awful their lives are. I read somewhere that the suicide rate for short guys is 4 X that of tall guys.

Stop feeling so sorry for yourself. Nobody wants to be around a negative person. The goal is to make girls feel better when you're around.

Edit - Come to think of it, I'm almost positive that you are Stuka. Doucebag.

Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
I actually agree with Aldaris, though. Short guys are often pricks, or overly dominating in conversation. But, you have to understand just how awful their lives are. I read somewhere that the suicide rate for short guys is 4 X that of tall guys.
How many times do people need to tell you: you are NOT short. But you are also not tall either.

Why are you so obsessed about your height. If you are 5' 4", then yes, you are classified as short. If you are 5' 8" then no, you are not short.

The character trait in short guys that you are referring to is called the Napolean complex. Not all of them have it though.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 2005 I hung out with Neil Strauss (Style) author of the book "the Game" for a weekend. He is around 5'6, bald, and very skinny. He was able to approach and pick up tons of chicks, even pull girls from their boyfriends. This was before his book came out and he was not some celebrity. In fact, Mystery was also with us and Style clearly had better game than Mystery who was a good foot taller than Style.

Sometimes, when you argue for a deficiency you have you can find so many points to back it up. And in reality if you look in the other direction, you'll find an equal number of points to refute your limiting belief.

Cesare Cardinali

aldaris

Banned
Reaction score
Cesare Cardinali said:
In 2005 I hung out with Neil Strauss (Style) author of the book "the Game" for a weekend. He is around 5'6, bald, and very skinny. He was able to approach and pick up tons of chicks, even pull girls from their boyfriends. This was before his book came out and he was not some celebrity. In fact, Mystery was also with us and Style clearly had better game than Mystery who was a good foot taller than Style.

Sometimes, when you argue for a deficiency you have you can find so many points to back it up. And in reality if you look in the other direction, you'll find an equal number of points to refute your limiting belief.

Cesare Cardinali
what? here i thought that this was a thread on guys who dig chicks. easy for gay guys to be the center of attention around broads.

SAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
aldaris said:
what? here i thought that this was a thread on guys who dig chicks. easy for gay guys to be the center of attention around broads.
Cesare said that Style was picking up lots of women... now, unless I'm misinterpreting things, surely that makes him hetrosexual?

All of my friends are of average height or above. I'm 6'1, most of my friends are around 6'0. My shortest friend is 5'8/5'9, and out of all of us, he has the best-looking girl.

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stuka1939 said:
Yeah they do, but it costs like 60K and you have to take like a year off from work.

How tall are you?
well damn:down:

well I'm 5'9" with sneakers..I guess that makes me a solid 5'8" barefoot.

I'm just bitter at my genetics. I mean chicks are as tall as me ffs, and men tower over me. I hate that so much.

I'm hoping I get taller by the time I'm 23...I'm hoping for a miracle and hope to grow 2 inches.

SAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
muhuwahaha said:
well damn:down:

well I'm 5'9" with sneakers..I guess that makes me a solid 5'8" barefoot.

I'm just bitter at my genetics. I mean chicks are as tall as me ffs, and men tower over me. I hate that so much.

I'm hoping I get taller by the time I'm 23...I'm hoping for a miracle and hope to grow 2 inches.
Mate, as I said, my "short" friend has the best-looking girlfriend out of our group.

When I go out, the women that I think are hot tend to be with guys that are smaller than me. I think it's your attitude more than anything. If you were 6'0, I'd be willing to bet you'd find something else to be upset about.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm 5'4". i'm confident, i carry myself well, and i'm pretty respected.

i mean when you're asian, it's expected to be a short person... so what? it's worse when you're a white, or black person that's my height... because it's unusual for non-stereotypical short races to be short.

and while i'm on the subject about asian stereotypes... it's a blessing in disguise to be stereotyped about the small penis thing.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is sounding more and more like some short guy outgamed aldaris and stole his girl.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An old friend of mine is 5'6 and he's going out with one of the hottest chicks I've ever seen.

I have another friend who has to duck to get into rooms, he's 6'6 easy. He's dating a pretty bangin girl as well.

Guys, height doesn't matter. Sure some chicks will be turned off by a shorter guy, but for every girl that finds it a turnoff, another girl won't care.

Get over yourselves, stop gazing in the mirror, and cheer the fvck up! :D

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'7" myself... statistically short. I also have a gap in my front teeth and wear glasses due to poor vision. Some girls have even called me funny looking.

Now I had a choice. I could either focus on all of these things and get depressed about how unfair life is..

OR

I could focus on my strengths, which far outweigh my weaknesses.

I encourage all you guys that are down in the dumps about these disadvantages to also pay attention to what makes you attractive. Remember, women are not just looking for one particular quality in a man, she is eyeing the whole package ;)

For inspiration, here's a list of what I bring to the table on a character level:

• Charming & friendly
• Good conversationalist
• Good listener
• Sharp sense of humor
• A wealth of interesting things going on in my life
• Well educated
• Know exactly what I want
• Passionate about living
• Persistent in the pursuit of my goals
• NEVER bored, ALWAYS learning or having fun
• Strong sense of adventure
• Emotionally uninhibited
• Open-minded towards all subjects and people

Here's a list of what I offer physically:

• Clear complexion
• Exotic features
• Well proportioned and toned body
• Strong hands (surprisingly BIG turn-on for women)
• Healthy appetite..love to eat (and cook)
• Well groomed
• Fashion sensibility
• Wicked in the sack

You can pull out all the statistics you want about my deficiencies, but notice how much MORE I have going for me.. it makes my shortcomings seem trivial by comparison.

I've even managed to turn things around and appreciate my imperfections

• Glasses make me look intellectual and classy
• Being short only highlights how big of a character I am
• The gap in my teeth gives my smile character too..wouldn't change it for anything.

I'm not saying that looks dont play a factor.. they definitely do. If you are a midget, or have some kind of severe physical deformity, then yeah.. you really got your work cut out for you and maybe dating supermodels is not a realistic goal.

But I've seen pictures of some of you who complain about your appearance and all I see is a decent looking dude who is looking for a reason to fail.

I've said it countless times but:

Worrying about things you have no control over is a massive waste of personal power.. you could be investing that into making yourself attractive in hundreds of other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.