Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who am i?

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just been reading, Who am I by Steven Reiss & it just dawned on me that out of the 13 basic human desires he lists...one of the most important desires of mine isn't listed.....Fun.

The 13 basic human desires he lists are :-

Power
Independence
Curiosity
Acceptance
Order
Saving
Honor
Idealism
Social contact
Family
Status
Vengeance
Romance
Eating
Physical activity
Tranquility

I was just thinking...blimey, isn't everything so serious, what happened to actually enjoying life!

Is'nt fun one of your basic desires? Do you agree with me? Any input?

This book has taught me about personalities. It's a good read so far.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you on "fun." That's one of my central goals in life. One has to work hard to have leisure time, but enjoying even hard work is possible. People take things way too seriously and default to negative attitudes. Shyt, my life's a carnival!

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I think, therefore I am"....René Descartes

Serenity

Reaction score
I stopped trying to identify myself the day I realized words will never be adequate to fully describe the experience of me or others. It is what it is, doesn't nescessarily need a label. Often it's enough to just determine if it feels good or bad, at least is simpler and more effective leading to more good feelings. Though I could be biased by a desire for simplicity.

I think maybe fun is a superior attribute of the desires he described. Perhaps "feeling generally good" would be a better description associated with fulfilling those desires. Might even just be what the author desires with the assumption everyone desires every point on his list. Though I'd have to agree I find most of the points positive, except idealism. Who the fvck think that's a good idea?

If he based his book around "fun" it would be a very very short book with a page saying "have fun". To make a book he obviously has to go into detail to fill it with pages from cover to cover. "Fun" just isn't going to be enough.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This book gives one an in depth look into themselves. I recommend it. I has gave me more of an idea who I am.

Regarding idealism. Some people have been on the edge...the only thing that saved them & the only thing that could make them feel like living is doing good for others.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Further on idealism. The four transcendentals were known as the True, the Good, the Beautiful, and Unity.

With the historical context in mind, our modern culture is like something drawn and quartered; we only concern ourselves with Truth today... to the detriment of the rest.