Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Which Car Should I Get? 2015 Charger or Challenger?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Hey does anybody here have any ideas about how to reduce the "appearance" of too much space in between the wheel portion?

This happens when I get new wheels and they take off the stock tires, it's like I can see A LOT in between the wheel and tire, I'm not familiar with the name of everything I'm "seeing" but you guys will know what I'm referring to when I'm talking about seeing the brakes, the lining, etc., etc. It just looks gross to me.

I was thinking of putting on brake covers or rim dust shields, but they said this could create some issues with my braking system.

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very nice... Congrats.

I like the original wheels better, more muscle car vibe.....but I'm old school.....

Enjoy...

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, wanted to bump this thread.

So, just so everybody can know going forward.....the 24s on the Camaro out of the gate CAN cause a little bit of rub if you don't watch the bumps. Right now I'm just having issues with the front left tire. I was basically just riding over bumps like I always have but I would hear this weird CRUNCH noise. Come to find out, that's when the tire is rubbing against the fender.

I normally stop at 22s, but hell...I wanted 24s this time just to see what it was all about.

I'm watching how I drive, but I might end up rolling the fenders to create more space.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to BUMP this thread.

So as you guys know, around this time last year I got the 2015 Camaro and added the MRTv2 exhaust to it, along with the 24 inch chrome rims. I've been getting a lot of compliments on the car and the MRTv2 has added that "aggressive/muscle sound" to it.

But with that being said.........

I'm now wanting more lol. I love the Camaro but I just want to get a better aesthetic package that includes:

- A drop top convertible

- Better interior features

I still don't need the V8, but of course the V8 would be included with a unit that includes these features. I would also add a performance exhaust system to this as well, to get as much of an aggressive sound as possible. I'm all about the aesthetics, I don't race, so it's completely all about how the car LOOKS. What's driving this passion is the convertible option and the better interior aesthetics. I also will stop at no higher than 22 inch chrome rims.

But, this update will not occur until either sometime in late 2018 or Spring 2019. But I just wanted to make this announcement lol. I could make the update NOW, but I just bought the other car last year and there's nothing wrong with it in terms of aesthetics. But I am surely going to update to the SS package very soon, hell, it might be in 2018, but no later than Spring 2019.

B

BlueAlpha1

So as you guys know, around this time last year I got the 2015 Camaro and added the MRTv2 exhaust to it, along with the 24 inch chrome rims. I've been getting a lot of compliments on the car and the MRTv2 has added that "aggressive/muscle sound" to it.

I'm now wanting more lol. I love the Camaro but I just want to get a better aesthetic package that includes:

- A drop top convertible

I still don't need the V8, but of course the V8 would be included with a unit that includes these features. I would also add a performance exhaust system to this as well, to get as much of an aggressive sound as possible. I'm all about the aesthetics, I don't race, so it's completely all about how the car LOOKS. What's driving this passion is the convertible option and the better interior aesthetics. I also will stop at no higher than 22 inch chrome rims.

But, this update will not occur until either sometime in late 2018 or Spring 2019. But I just wanted to make this announcement lol. I could make the update NOW, but I just bought the other car last year and there's nothing wrong with it in terms of aesthetics. But I am surely going to update to the SS package very soon, hell, it might be in 2018, but no later than Spring 2019.
Do it like "THUG" Pookie..get a 1989 Buick Regal for $300, then put a pair of $2000 rims and put a $2000 system in it...:D:p

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Do it like "THUG" Pookie..get a 1989 Buick Regal for $300, then put a pair of $2000 rims and put a $2000 system in it...:D:p
Lol, that's an option but I personally don't like the Ol' G look :lol:

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

- A drop top convertible

Kooks Longtube headers and or a Magnaflow Outlaw series catback would be good investments. If you want a step further then a cam, preferably by Vengeance Racing(assuming you're talking about 6th gen camaros) would be next. With a tune, you would be Ferrari/Lambo speed with all of these. But if you want to be that fast then you should get a better valve train. All of this would cost less than $5k assuming you do all labor.

But just look up some Longtube headers. They make your exhaust loud when you want it to be and you gain a lot of power.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Wanted to update this thread.

So it's that time again.....I'm about to get another Sports Car model. I have the 2015 Camaro, I paid for it 100% out of pocket, including the 24 inch Chrome and MRTv2 performance exhaust.

- I'm looking at buying a 6th Generation Camaro either in Spring 2018 or Spring 2019. It will most likely be Spring 2019 to be honest.

- I would be purchasing either the 2016 or 2017 Camaro, but this one will in fact have the V8 Engine included along with another performance exhaust tied to the V8.

- The Chrome Rims will stop at 22 inches this time, the 24 inches are great but they "rub" a bit

- Lambo doors/vertical doors will likely be included on this model as well, I will get it customized of course.

- The car color would be one of those "attention grabbing colors" at either Red (like my current Camaro), Blue, Yellow, or Orange. It most likely will be BLUE, as blue is one of my favorite colors, with Red coming second.

Any ideas and suggestions you guys have (including @Skyline) that would be great. As you guys know I'm a Minimalist and live below my means......so the V8 Camaro is most likely going to be the most expensive Car I will ever purchase, as I'm not going above that established Car Budget. I could be making $1 million a year, I'm not spending over $40,000 - $50,000 on a Car as it's a depreciating asset.

Last edited:

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wanted to update this thread.

So it's that time again.....I'm about to get another Sports Car model. I have the 2015 Camaro, I paid for it 100% out of pocket, including the 24 inch Chrome and MRTv2 performance exhaust.

- I'm looking at buying a 6th Generation Camaro either in Spring 2018 or Spring 2019. It will most likely be Spring 2019 to be honest.

- I would be purchasing either the 2016 or 2017 Camaro, but this one will in fact have the V8 Engine included along with another performance exhaust tied to the V8.

- The Chrome Rims will stop at 22 inches this time, the 24 inches are great but they "rub" a bit

- Lambo doors/vertical doors will likely be included on this model as well, I will get it customized of course.

- The car color would be one of those "attention grabbing colors" at either Red (like my current Camaro), Blue, Yellow, or Orange. It most likely will be BLUE, as blue is one of my favorite colors, with Red coming second.

Any ideas and suggestions you guys have (including @Skyline) that would be great. As you guys know I'm a Minimalist and live below my means......so the V8 Camaro is most likely going to be the most expensive Car I will ever purchase, as I'm not going above that established Car Budget. I could be making $1 million a year, I'm not spending over $40,000 - $50,000 on a Car as it's a depreciating asset.
The 6th gen is a great car. It runs mid 12's which is equivalent to C6 vette speed. The platform is alright but it is higher compression.

If you want to, I would save up for a 1LE SS. The 1LE looks more aggressive and has a better suspension along with various other performance upgrades such as gearing. It holds crazy value as well.

I would check out a Synergy Green one as well if you want attention.

The thing about Camaro's is that they hold stupid value based on mileage, especially the SS 1LE. It's hard to explain but you can see the price vs mileage difference on sites like CarGurus.

But if you're paying the full $35k ish out of pocket then you really aren't that far off from a used C7 Corvette with less than 10k miles(it would still be under warranty). You're most likely not going to be having any issues with either car mechanical wise.

I would finance it just to have another complete car payment on my credit history. But definitely do that at a bank. Like take the loan out and the pay it off like a week later once you buy the car.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The 6th gen is a great car. It runs mid 12's which is equivalent to C6 vette speed. The platform is alright but it is higher compression.

If you want to, I would save up for a 1LE SS. The 1LE looks more aggressive and has a better suspension along with various other performance upgrades such as gearing. It holds crazy value as well.

I would check out a Synergy Green one as well if you want attention.

The thing about Camaro's is that they hold stupid value based on mileage, especially the SS 1LE. It's hard to explain but you can see the price vs mileage difference on sites like CarGurus.

But if you're paying the full $35k ish out of pocket then you really aren't that far off from a used C7 Corvette with less than 10k miles(it would still be under warranty). You're most likely not going to be having any issues with either car mechanical wise.

I would finance it just to have another complete car payment on my credit history. But definitely do that at a bank. Like take the loan out and the pay it off like a week later once you buy the car.
This is excellent information! I'm still learning all there is to learn about Cars lol.

So you are saying look not just into the Camaro SS, but the Camaro SS 1LE? I'm seeing the 2017 versions do have the Krypton Green Color which looks awesome!

- I do want to stay with the Camaro brand though.

- My budget for everything will be no more than $40,000 and that includes the cost of the car itself, my 22 inch chrome rims, the V8 performance exhaust, the vertical doors, and other modifications that might be needed such as adding racing stripes.

- My current Camaro is paid for of course, so I will just trade that in and then pay for the remaining cost. I most likely won't use a bank loan though, as my credit score is already 800 with a very high credit limit of over $200,000. I also have a great mix of installment and revolving credit listings.

But yes, my next purchase I'm going to buy and hold for a number of years, at least 5 to 6 years. I'm thinking that the Camaro 6th Generation will do the trick.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is excellent information! I'm still learning all there is to learn about Cars lol.

So you are saying look not just into the Camaro SS, but the Camaro SS 1LE? I'm seeing the 2017 versions do have the Krypton Green Color which looks awesome!

- I do want to stay with the Camaro brand though.

- My budget for everything will be no more than $40,000 and that includes the cost of the car itself, my 22 inch chrome rims, the V8 performance exhaust, the vertical doors, and other modifications that might be needed such as adding racing stripes.

- My current Camaro is paid for of course, so I will just trade that in and then pay for the remaining cost. I most likely won't use a bank loan though, as my credit score is already 800 with a very high credit limit of over $200,000. I also have a great mix of installment and revolving credit listings.

But yes, my next purchase I'm going to buy and hold for a number of years, at least 5 to 6 years. I'm thinking that the Camaro 6th Generation will do the trick.
If you can, then yes get a 1LE. It's hard to tell since that generation is still in production but the previous generation 1LE's became a lot more valuable once Chevy stopped making them. The green is a lot more bright in person as well- think Lamborghini Huracan Green.

But there's nothing wrong with getting a regular SS. Also to note, there are SS trims like the 2SS/RS.

You can probably have a Dealer order one of out factory to your specifications with stripes, green, and if you want a 1LE package as well.

An exhaust that I recommended is the Solo Catback. It's very aggressive on the outside and quiet in the inside. Long tube headers are also common to go with but that will require a tune. All of this will be around $2k but around $1k for the entire exhaust. Corsa is another good exhaust.

Chevy performance cars, especially their V8's, are really good to hold onto. They will last you if you take care of it. I was misfiring on my SS(my fault) so i unplugged the injector and spark plug coil pack wire on that cylinder and ran on 7 cylinders for a week straight- had no issues besides rough idle and it driving like crap.

How did you get a $200k credit limit if you mind me asking? I'm 21 and my limit is $2,400 which is better than most people my age at least.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A high credit limit comes from having income and assets. Your score is how well you repay what you do borrow and thus sets your interest rate and terms.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
If you can, then yes get a 1LE. It's hard to tell since that generation is still in production but the previous generation 1LE's became a lot more valuable once Chevy stopped making them. The green is a lot more bright in person as well- think Lamborghini Huracan Green.

But there's nothing wrong with getting a regular SS. Also to note, there are SS trims like the 2SS/RS.

You can probably have a Dealer order one of out factory to your specifications with stripes, green, and if you want a 1LE package as well.

An exhaust that I recommended is the Solo Catback. It's very aggressive on the outside and quiet in the inside. Long tube headers are also common to go with but that will require a tune. All of this will be around $2k but around $1k for the entire exhaust. Corsa is another good exhaust.

Chevy performance cars, especially their V8's, are really good to hold onto. They will last you if you take care of it. I was misfiring on my SS(my fault) so i unplugged the injector and spark plug coil pack wire on that cylinder and ran on 7 cylinders for a week straight- had no issues besides rough idle and it driving like crap.

How did you get a $200k credit limit if you mind me asking? I'm 21 and my limit is $2,400 which is better than most people my age at least.
Dude you are 21?? :eek:

Wow....such an intelligent guy for such a young age lol! I thought you were in your 30's at least. But yes, like @Bible_Belt touched on, it takes time. I have a business office I operate and I used the credit cards with the 0% interest promos to cover different type of operational costs.

I would take out the amounts, pay them back before the promo was over, then ask for credit limit increases. I would also accept the various card offers that kept coming in the mail. All of my cards have no annual fee and most are those reward cards (I think I have every major personal reward card on the market). These cards are a source of FREE INCOME through the cashback rewards. I use the cards and pay them off before the grace period, then collect the free cashback.

- My credit score used to be around 550 in 2009 with collections and other negative items on it. Then I worked to get the negative items removed (paid them and or got them removed in general), then I put on positive line items in the form of revolving credit (credit cards) and installment loans (mine mainly came from student loans along with shared secured loans).

- My credit score hit the 620 - 660 range by 2011 give or take

- Then my credit score hit 700 plus around the year 2014 give or take

- Then beginning in the middle of 2016 and all throughout this year, depending on which report you look at, I'm over 800 or in the very high 700's at like around 780 - 790.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you are 21?? :eek:

Wow....such an intelligent guy for such a young age lol! I thought you were in your 30's at least. But yes, like @Bible_Belt touched on, it takes time. I have a business office I operate and I used the credit cards with the 0% interest promos to cover different type of operational costs.

I would take out the amounts, pay them back before the promo was over, then ask for credit limit increases. I would also accept the various card offers that kept coming in the mail. All of my cards have no annual fee and most are those reward cards (I think I have every major personal reward card on the market). These cards are a source of FREE INCOME through the cashback rewards. I use the cards and pay them off before the grace period, then collect the free cashback.

- My credit score used to be around 550 in 2009 with collections and other negative items on it. Then I worked to get the negative items removed (paid them and or got them removed in general), then I put on positive line items in the form of revolving credit (credit cards) and installment loans (mine mainly came from student loans along with shared secured loans).

- My credit score hit the 620 - 660 range by 2011 give or take

- Then my credit score hit 700 plus around the year 2014 give or take

- Then beginning in the middle of 2016 and all throughout this year, depending on which report you look at, I'm over 800 or in the very high 700's at like around 780 - 790.
Yeah I'm pretty young. I joined this forum when I was a Junior in highschool. It's definitely helped me out a lot.

That's really impressive that you were able to turn around your bad credit to an 800ish $200k limit. My score is around 760. I thought about taking out the limit of a credit card(transfer it to my PayPal account), holding onto it, and then just "repaying" it but I didn't think that would actually work.

I already qualify for a lot of credit cards, I get a lot of the 0% APR ones for 'x' time sent to me in the mail, so I might just do that...

But I am proud of my current $2,400 limit. A lot of people around my age sometimes have a crisis where they need money and they just don't have it! I also have a $3,500 Amazon store card limit.