Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When you call and they text

JonnyD123

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Did you purposely call me just now?" was the text response I got after giving her a call.

I'm a strong believer in setting up a date over a phone call rather than text. Recently I hit if off pretty well with this gorgeous woman at the airport after our flight. She's actually the one who asked for my number at the end of our conversation. I feel like I left a lasting impression because she blew up my phone with texts the remainder of the day. I kept it simple and polite but tried not to carry it on too much.

2 days later I gave her a call in which she gave me the "did you call me" response above.
"Yes," I responded.
"What's up? I'm at work" She said.
"I'm pregnant. It's yours, and I'm keeping it. I bantered. "Give me a call later to talk about possible baby names."
"Lol ok! Sounds good!" She replied.

That was 2 days ago, she finally sent a text today giving some bull**** answer about the baby name. Wondering where to go from here. I'm sure some of you have experienced this frustration with the call/text game. Thoughts? Suggestions?

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your belief doesn't trump her way of doing things.

She responded in her time in her way.

If you consider this "frustration", you don't stand a chance with this or any other woman.
I agree.

Look, I actually never got into text game at all, but back in the day when I called girls on the phone my banter was second to none. Of course I was also immature and figured girls liked talking; hell we did it for hours. Talking on the phone and texting are tools for accomplishing the exact same thing: setting up a date/time to meet in person.

Next time just text to set up a date, nothing else.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gents, don't complicate things:

"Did you purposely call me just now?" was the text response I got after giving her a call.

2 days later I gave her a call in which she gave me the "did you call me" response above.
"Yes," I responded.
"What's up? I'm at work" She said.
"I'm pregnant. It's yours, and I'm keeping it. I bantered. "Give me a call later to talk about possible baby names."
"Lol ok! Sounds good!" She replied.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Your response:
"Yes. I'm headed to <location> on <date> at <time>. R u free to tag along?"

Her responses:

1) Her: yea, I can do that.
You: Great, see you there.

2) Anything other than 1)
You: Ok cool maybe another time

That's all you have to do, sir.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should tell her you would like to discuss the baby's name or solving the world's problems over lunch. In a cozy, informal setting. Outdoors?...

If she's busy, give her your number and tell her you'll be looking forward to a call when it's more convenient. Then it's time to drop your focus off her. If she calls, okay. If not...

Spin some other plates, don't get fixated on just one gal.
When you do that you close your mind to other options.
It sucks to get fixated on a gal with games, and then find her out somewhere enjoying another man's company while you're on a shopping run. Speaking from experience.

Last edited:

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The times they are a changing. Yeah text is the way to go, old school SS you'd pick up the phone. If she's worthy of a 2nd or 3rd date or whatever then later on down the road once rapport is built you can call to set-up.

When she texts or contacts you that's your green light to set something up in the next few days or so. Everybody has crazy different schedules find out what hers is and go from there. In the mean time get out there and find more prospects!

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thought on this:

I never ask them their schedule. I just invite them to place on a specific day at a specific time. If they don't accept, it's up to them to counteroffer.
Yeah I don't care about a detailed schedule. Are they a weekend warrior or work bankers hrs? Keep it simple.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I don't care about a detailed schedule. Are they a weekend warrior or work bankers hrs? Keep it simple.
Women are pretty bad at making decisions, so it's best to offer them slots on 2 different days of the week. If women have to put thought into seeing you, they are less likely to do it. All they really want to do is show up somewhere and look nice.