Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When did you start getting IOIs and results in cold-approach game?

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For those who do cold-approaches, when did things start to finally change for the better?

I've been continuing to bang my head on the wall. I've been getting absolutely zero pre-approach IOIs, and struggling to get people to even respond to a hi when I approach them on the street in walkable city areas, or in places like gyms or the like.

It's frustrating because I've been doing this a long time and things just aren't improving. For those who've been successful in cold-approach game, what was it that finally made things improve for you?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well let's deal with the first problem first. Say excuse me.
Smile
Block their path a bit angle not standing directly in front of them
Give them a piece of space to see you if you pop up close in somebody's personal space they ll freak out

And if cold approach isn't for you sneaking up on chicks in shops and commenting on something in the environment I.e. indirect game is a viable alternative

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert, but I highly highly advice practicing the art of situational openers and indirect game. I would also approach women who look like they're not in a rush to be somewhere, e.g. sitting down or appearing to be casually roaming about. You should be able to tell within a few seconds if a woman is easy (logistically) to approach.

Let's say you're at the grocery store, and you see a cutie checking out the produce. Sorta slide in by her, make a show of looking at the produce as well, and make a comment on what she's picking out , e.g. "Brussel sprouts are totally the most under-appreciated vegetable *smiling*"

Not a great example (a skill I'm working on myself as well, heh), but you get the point. And as you get better and better at it, you'll be able to make for great, casual conversation by using whatever's going on in the surroundings or what she's doing as a lead-in. After some small talk, ask for her number and be on your way. At the beginning when you start though, it doesn't matter what you say, just say something. That's how you learn, by practice, reviewing whatever went wrong, and trying again. Don't be afraid to fail.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
I got results right away.

The most successful way to cold approach is to start out as a normal conversation then move to flirting. Remember you are approaching a complete stranger. How would you approach a man you wanted to have small talk with? Casual right? So be casual. IF the woman is friendly.. THEN you flirt. If she responds well, you close the deal. This can all be done it less than 3 minutes. I close pretty fast.. because I have other sh!t to do.

Also.. I never go out with the intention to cold approach women. It is something I only do when I see a woman I really want to f*ck.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with the above post, in the end you have to change the topic and make it about her and your dlck, so why bother pretending? I am having success being as direct as possible, I can sense the feeling of excitement and awe when I go bold. They are like " wtf is this guy nuts", but then they smile and sometimes laugh and we can calmly talk about ourselves. "The civilized, straight cave man method" is the best way to do it for me.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
before answering your question I need to know two things.

how do you look? body? face? clothes?

when you are walking in the streets, do girls make eye contact with you and check you out or smile?

answers to that will help to give you a more accurate answers to what cause you to fail.

zonn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Assuming this is a genuine post...Get them to stop and acknowledge you. You do that by talking loud.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately some dudes aren't good looking, but that should not stop the dude from at the very least looking their best. So you should (and im not saying you are bad looking) try and look your best every time you leave the house. This will give you a leg up.

Second, you should approach every set you can. Dont worry if she is approachable or not. You should be doing this to DEVELOP your INNER CONFIDENCE in any situation. This is the MOST important thing.

Also I would flirt with every girl you approach. Lets be realistic, you wanna fvck. So dont beat around the bush. Flirt, even if its a little bit. Work your way up to the level of "bold mother fvcker."

Also I disagree with one of the above posts. You should go out with the intention of cold approaching. THIS IS the only way you will improve your game.

Good luck. As long as YOU are developing, YOU ARE succeeding.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree with the above post, in the end you have to change the topic and make it about her and your dlck, so why bother pretending? I am having success being as direct as possible, I can sense the feeling of excitement and awe when I go bold. They are like " wtf is this guy nuts", but then they smile and sometimes laugh and we can calmly talk about ourselves. "The civilized, straight cave man method" is the best way to do it for me.
Its not about agreeing or disagreeing. Its about results.

All men should do whatever gives them the best results. The direct cat-calling a complete stranger approach will attract a certain type of woman.. just like the casual approach will attract a certain type of woman.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

All men should do whatever gives them the best results. The direct cat-calling a complete stranger approach will attract a certain type of woman.. just like the casual approach will attract a certain type of woman.
Direct cat calling = ghetto

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't seem to multi-quote on this, so:

- Yes, this is a genuine post.
- No, I don't get IOIs as I go through my day/night.
- I've never tried cat-calling someone, if by that you mean hollering at long distances. What I've been doing is mostly direct approaches (though admittedly rather poor ones, as it's been mainly compliment openers or else just "Hey, I just thought I'd meet you. I'm Chron."), or if I luck out and there's something in the environment that lends itself to situational-casual openers, I use it if I can. (It can make things easier to laugh about, but it's nastily unreliable in its availability in my experience.)

In recent days, I got two responses that were particularly good (both taken, one with her boyfriend some distance away, so nothing happened, but they were quite friendly; WAY more so than what I usually encounter). I'm not sure if I improved and did something particularly correctly, or if that was just luck. Neither were walking at the time, so that might have also been a contributing factor that made some of it easier.

What would be recommendable casual-style approaches for faster-moving sets on streets?

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started to get success in cold approaches mostly when I started cold approaching, its not a joke.

What I mean is that when you approach a girl or when you wanna beat a man, you need to have the same attitude which is "going for it", half measures or timidity are a short cut to failure.

In case of cold approach if you approach a girl with a doubtious attitude she will feel it and act accordingly feeling that there is something wrong, if you do a bold approach assuming future success your chances are much higher.

Needless to say that being physically fit and possibly having "peackoing features" like peaking biceps and a tight t-shirt surely help, when cold approaching its mostly about your aura, the personality comes much later.
Cold approach is the way of over confident men not men in general and you have to be or at least behave as one.

Also dont forget your voice, you're not asking a permission and waiting a feedback, you're introuducing yourself wheter she likes it or not, she has the right to reject you but not the right to make you cease your plan.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I agree with this...going direct with any decent women almost always FAILS.

The key IMO is low commitment.

The moment someone knows you want something the price immediately goes up. Showing interest in a woman is normal, giving too much too soon is desperate...honestly, we need to have some standards and give women hoops to jump over. If every man did this it would improve the standard of women in general.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How does one multi-quote on this interface? More Options doesn't seem to do it...?

- I'm not sure what you mean by time constraints. With fast-moving people, it's them that's the time constraint and not me. If I don't act quickly and happen to have them respond, they're gone.
- A 1/10 ratio is FAR better than what I'm getting. Most fast-moving street approaches just still end with them walking right by, let alone having a conversation and saying yes to anything at all.
- I've had some passably pleasant conversations and rejections recently, but the only commonality I found between them was that they weren't moving and they were friendly for whatever reason. I don't know if I did anything in particular correctly.
- Casual "small-talk" stuff seems to rely purely on lucky coincidences in specialized environments, e.g. "What's cooking?" to a woman nearby in line in a grocery store who happens to be nearby and is looking through her basket, or other situation where there's something especial to comment on. I've never had anything to work with in street approaches in that sense.
- What sort of hoops would I give them to jump over? What constitutes "giving too much too soon"? When I walk up to someone and they walk right by, I'd fail to see what hoops would even be relevant.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My game is based on my looks and how Women have responded to be right away. This my "Opener" is basically "Hey i dont mean to bother you but i thought you were very Beautiful. Whats your name?" Ive always succeeded with this approach. Depending on the setting though, I may use sexy but either way. This works for me. IMO, Direct is best.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So OP did you try my suggestions on the moving ones.
How did it go?
We need a bit of feedback if we are going to help you

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@In2theGame: That's not too far from the "compliment opener" that I'd been using. I've found it to be a pretty poor method, but haven't had much else to work with in the absence of situational-openers or any information about her that lend itself to other tactics.

@ubercat: I'm not sure I understand how to block someone's path while not being directly in front of them. If I'm off to an angle, they're not blocked unless something else is blocking them. It hasn't really come up though, as time's been tight this past week. As for stores, I don't shop that often, but the "small talk" approach has proven just as unreliable for me in that it requires a lot of lucky coincidences that lend themselves to something to comment over.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously do we need a link to google stickied.

If I search " examples of indirect pua openers". I get a page of results including an entire website dedicated to just openers

And how hard can it be to generate some situational comments. If you're in a kitchen shop ask about a bloody spice rack. In a clothing store ask for their advice on cloths. In a coffee shop ask if the coffee is good here.

And no I'm not suggesting you block people's path. How about you just say excuse me and get their attention.

If this isn't a troll thread you badly need a wing who has a clue

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score