Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

wheat bread avoid or ok ?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line is if you eat a food that is chemically "right" for your body you will lose weight, if you eat foods that are chemically "wrong" for your body you will gain weight regardless of calorie content due to inflammatory reactions which if they continue long enough lead to thyroid and other hormonal imbalances...And since most people are eating processed crap with 100's of ingredients in it its almost impossible to NOT be eating something that your body is reactive to pretty much every day or even multiple times every day. The more ingredients you consume in a given day, the higher the likelihood that you are eating something that will cause you to gain inflammatory body weight.

Bottom line. Period.

There is a reason why so many people get in a "rut" and can't lose weight even though they are eating "healthy" foods. There is no such thing as a universally healthy food, only foods that are healthy for your body chemistry. You might do great with Oats, Blueberries and Whey Protein. Your friend eats the same thing and gets bloated and gains weight. If he continues to eat this on a daily basis, it turns into low grade chronic inflammation which leads to many issues, least of all weight gain or no weight loss.

Here is the research done http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-11-healthy-foods-differ-individual.html which backs up this person's 30,000+ person evidence in her practice that has been going on for years and years with tremendous results including many cases of completely reversing thyroid problems. http://lyngenet.com/

How do I know this? Because I tried it myself and lost 25 lbs in 30 days, almost as if by magic, and I wasn't starting out fat. I was in pretty good shape. When I ate a food that my body "didn't like" such as eggs or potatoes I gained weight---sometimes lots of it...1.8 lbs from a single egg while keeping everything the same otherwise from the day before. Over 2 lbs from a single potato. When I ate foods that my body "liked" I lost weight...usually in the 1-2 lb range but sometimes over 3 lbs...

What a lot of people think is "fat" is actually inflammatory weight being held in by your body, especially in the intestinal area which in a lot of people is being served a constant dose 3-4 times a day of foods that the body is reactive to. When you correct the food problem, the body starts becoming less inflamed, holding in less water and auto-correcting the hormonal issues that have been caused over long periods of time, and it does this pretty damn quickly...

So does overeating cause people to become fat? Hell yeah. But most people also have years of chronic low grade inflammation built up which is holding a ton of weight in, probably more than the fat you think you need to lose.
Expound upon this.....how do you know if your body 'likes' a certain food?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Expound upon this.....how do you know if your body 'likes' a certain food?
The easiest way is to do what you do when starting the Plan. Consume only the most non-reactive foods possible to generate a baseline and then start adding foods back in one at a time and see which foods cause you to gain weight. Typically most people can tell if they start feeling bloated, gassy or have stomach issues, but its not a definite way to tell because you don't have a control to test it against. And sometimes its the combination of foods together that can cause reactivity.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i"m starting a cut phase again. I'm sitting at 6"4" 260. Dropping hopefully 30 lbs in the next few months. What Marmel says is accurate. Ive even noticed it. I drop weight like crazy eating clean such as "oatmeal, fruit, eggs, when, protein". Anything else, i just bloat and bloat and bloat. Potatoes, starch, bread, and few other things make me retain fat and water weight like crazy.

carrot

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks all for sharing about wheat bread
i was eating whole wheat, grain bread thinking its healthy ,recommended by doctors
I will stop bread completely out and see how my body weight ,how i feel in a month

i found now this book saying not to eat breat at all
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to throw my 2 cents in on this, since it is a topic I think I'm pretty well informed about. There's nothing wrong with bread per se. HOWEVER, you must make sure it is "100% Whole Wheat" bread. It can't just say "whole wheat", it has to say "100% whole wheat". The US government does not allow the bread companies to call it "100% whole wheat" unless it actually is. If you don't live in the US, I'm not sure what the laws are.

One problem with things like white bread is that they remove the fiber, which makes it a "bad carb". If it has no fiber, the body is able to quickly digest and absorb it, which causes an insulin spike, which sends a signal to your body to store it as fat. 100% whole wheat is the entire grain, with all the nutrients and all the fiber. The fiber means it takes longer to digest, so it helps you feel full. It also results in a lower glycemic index, which means it does not cause the insulin spike. For this reason, 100% whole bread is like fruit or vegetables, which are "good carbs" (complex carbohydrates) instead of "bad carbs".

You may have to try a few brands before you find a 100% whole wheat bread that you like. I hate, hate, hate Aunt Millie's bread, but I find Bunny bread is very tasty. Now I wouldn't LOAD UP on it (or anything else), but a few slices a day certainly aren't going to hurt you. No reason to avoid it at all.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carbs is not good, you shouldn't eat to much
Fruits and vegetables are carbs. The reason they are healthy is because they are complex carbohydrates, just like 100% whole wheat. They have a lot of fiber and digest slowly, which is what you want.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to throw my 2 cents in on this, since it is a topic I think I'm pretty well informed about. There's nothing wrong with bread per se. HOWEVER, you must make sure it is "100% Whole Wheat" bread. It can't just say "whole wheat", it has to say "100% whole wheat". The US government does not allow the bread companies to call it "100% whole wheat" unless it actually is. If you don't live in the US, I'm not sure what the laws are.

One problem with things like white bread is that they remove the fiber, which makes it a "bad carb". If it has no fiber, the body is able to quickly digest and absorb it, which causes an insulin spike, which sends a signal to your body to store it as fat. 100% whole wheat is the entire grain, with all the nutrients and all the fiber. The fiber means it takes longer to digest, so it helps you feel full. It also results in a lower glycemic index, which means it does not cause the insulin spike. For this reason, 100% whole bread is like fruit or vegetables, which are "good carbs" (complex carbohydrates) instead of "bad carbs".

You may have to try a few brands before you find a 100% whole wheat bread that you like. I hate, hate, hate Aunt Millie's bread, but I find Bunny bread is very tasty. Now I wouldn't LOAD UP on it (or anything else), but a few slices a day certainly aren't going to hurt you. No reason to avoid it at all.
Thank you for the informed post. I would only add that if you have a bakery nearby and can pick up fresh bread daily, do that. Prepackaged breads often contain preservatives like corn syrup.

It's true that reducing carbs drops your weight initially, but homeostasis WILL take over and your body will adapt. Just keep a healthy balance for god's sake.