Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

wheat bread avoid or ok ?

carrot

Don Juan
Reaction score
i use wheat brread to make sandwitches
2 wheat bread slices (whole wheat flour)
canned tuna or salmon
peanut butter 2 teaspoons on each slice

2x above

what do you think of this ?
is this wheat bread ok or any alternate substitue for quick sandwich receipes
I do this everyday for lunch ,sometimes for dinner too

Last edited:

carrot

Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you
never thought of lettuce wraps for sandwich
thought of sushi wraps before .. to get peanut butter and canned salmon as sandwich

Carbs make you fat. Eat bread if you want to put on body fat. Otherwise, ditch bread. Try lettuce wraps instead.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm so I buy that wholemeal and seeds type bread. Mainly coz toast with eggs and veg is such an easy brekky Does that count as refined carbs?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In almost all cases White Bread will work better for most people in regards to reactivity and inflammation in the body

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carbs make you fat. Eat bread if you want to put on body fat. Otherwise, ditch bread. Try lettuce wraps instead.
Carbs do not make you fat. Prolonged Elevated insulin levels make you fat. Big difference. There are many ways to control your insulin levels. Obviously if you eat enough of anything it will make you fat, but carbs by themselves are not the enemy. This has been shown to be wrong in so many recent studies it's not even worth talking about.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, there's studies, and then there's the way the world actually works. Walk through a Wal-Mart grocery store, look at the carbs that people are buying, and then tell me that carbs have nothing to do with making America obese.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grain Brain

Renowned neurologist David Perlmutter, MD, blows the lid off a topic that's been buried in medical literature for far too long: carbs are destroying your brain. And not just unhealthy carbs, but evenhealthy ones like whole grains can cause dementia, ADHD, anxiety, chronic headaches, depression, and much more. Dr. Perlmutter explains what happens when the brain encounters common ingredients in your daily bread and fruit bowls, why your brain thrives on fat and cholesterol, and how you can spur the growth of new brain cells at any age. He offers an in-depth look at how we can take control of our "smart genes" through specific dietary choices and lifestyle habits, demonstrating how to remedy our most feared maladies without drugs. With a revolutionary 4-week plan, GRAIN BRAIN teaches us how we can reprogram our genetic destiny for the better.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, there's studies, and then there's the way the world actually works. Walk through a Wal-Mart grocery store, look at the carbs that people are buying, and then tell me that carbs have nothing to do with making America obese.
Those are garbage carbs...exactly the type I am referring to that will skyrocket insulin levels.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's also been studies that show eating protein with carbs moderates the insulin spike. So if you hold the sugary sauces on your macca's burger it ain't so bad. Obviously it's still a cheat meal

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both of these statements cannot be true. It's got to be one or the other:

Those are garbage carbs

calories consumed is what makes one fat or not.

If all that matters is calories, then there should be no such thing as a "garbage carb."

And I don't mean any disrespect, either. The people posting on this thread as some of my favorite on sosuave.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both of these statements cannot be true. It's got to be one or the other:

Those are garbage carbs

calories consumed is what makes one fat or not.

If all that matters is calories, then there should be no such thing as a "garbage carb."

And I don't mean any disrespect, either. The people posting on this thread as some of my favorite on sosuave.
Here is the issue---Espi is technically correct up to a certain point. If you weigh 300 lbs and follow that line of thinking where all that matters is calories consumed, you will lose weight---up to a certain point. Then you will hit a wall and no matter what you do you won't go any further. Then when you fine tune it a little more and start looking at exactly what TYPE of carb you are taking in, you will start losing weight again. If you fine tune it even further and start looking at how many hours you are spending in a fed state every day, carb cycling to ignite your metabolism/fat burning potential by avoiding plummeting leptin levels from cutting calories for a lengthy period of time, etc...then you will start unleashing the power of your hormones to work with you to increase your rate of fat burning even further.

Remember, all that matters is the amount of fat you are losing, NOT weight. You can lose a lot of weight, but if 70% of it is muscle, then you are failing. I'd rather lose 25 lbs and have 20 of it be fat than to lose 40 lbs and 20 of it be fat...that's a 15 lb decrease in muscle between the two people that is a hell of a lot harder to get back than the losing fat part.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lift heavy weights, do cardio afterwards until you are dripping in sweat. Eat 2 times your weight in protein grams and eat low carbs and sugars. Plenty of water.

That's it.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A personal thought about this:

I personally don't measure food, nor do I ever measure ir count calories/ grams from protein carbs and fat.

However, I used to believe that protein gram consumption had to equal twice my body weight.

I personally no longer believe this because I had outstanding results from what I consider sensible levels of protein consumption.

Again, I make no effort to measure food, but I would surmise that 1/2 gram of protein grams per lb. body weight is sufficient.

Maximum consumption maybe 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.
Im in Holland bro, we count in kilograms. So my weight is 182 pounds (82 kilograms).

82 Kilograms would be 164 grams of protein each day.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion:

Eating less and exercising more=weight loss. This has NOTHING to do with the types of food or nutrients consumed. I can consume nothing but "bad" carbs all day every day, yet I won't gain a pound if those calories consumed are kept low. In addition, the amount of exercise performed will boost the rapidity of weight loss.

On the other hand, eating more and exercising less=weight gain. Again, though, this has nothing to do with the types of food or nutrients consumed. If I eat an excessive number of calories from nothing but brown rice, or oatmeal in water, or kale, I WILL gain weight. Additionally, lack of exercise will speed the rapidity of weight gain.
Bottom line is if you eat a food that is chemically "right" for your body you will lose weight, if you eat foods that are chemically "wrong" for your body you will gain weight regardless of calorie content due to inflammatory reactions which if they continue long enough lead to thyroid and other hormonal imbalances...And since most people are eating processed crap with 100's of ingredients in it its almost impossible to NOT be eating something that your body is reactive to pretty much every day or even multiple times every day. The more ingredients you consume in a given day, the higher the likelihood that you are eating something that will cause you to gain inflammatory body weight.

Bottom line. Period.

There is a reason why so many people get in a "rut" and can't lose weight even though they are eating "healthy" foods. There is no such thing as a universally healthy food, only foods that are healthy for your body chemistry. You might do great with Oats, Blueberries and Whey Protein. Your friend eats the same thing and gets bloated and gains weight. If he continues to eat this on a daily basis, it turns into low grade chronic inflammation which leads to many issues, least of all weight gain or no weight loss.

Here is the research done http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-11-healthy-foods-differ-individual.html which backs up this person's 30,000+ person evidence in her practice that has been going on for years and years with tremendous results including many cases of completely reversing thyroid problems. http://lyngenet.com/

How do I know this? Because I tried it myself and lost 25 lbs in 30 days, almost as if by magic, and I wasn't starting out fat. I was in pretty good shape. When I ate a food that my body "didn't like" such as eggs or potatoes I gained weight---sometimes lots of it...1.8 lbs from a single egg while keeping everything the same otherwise from the day before. Over 2 lbs from a single potato. When I ate foods that my body "liked" I lost weight...usually in the 1-2 lb range but sometimes over 3 lbs...

What a lot of people think is "fat" is actually inflammatory weight being held in by your body, especially in the intestinal area which in a lot of people is being served a constant dose 3-4 times a day of foods that the body is reactive to. When you correct the food problem, the body starts becoming less inflamed, holding in less water and auto-correcting the hormonal issues that have been caused over long periods of time, and it does this pretty damn quickly...

So does overeating cause people to become fat? Hell yeah. But most people also have years of chronic low grade inflammation built up which is holding a ton of weight in, probably more than the fat you think you need to lose.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, I used to believe that protein gram consumption had to equal twice my body weight.

I personally no longer believe this because I had outstanding results from what I consider sensible levels of protein consumption.
The Western diet uses far too much protein. Meat in general is overconsumed, and fish, though better is littered with toxins and heavy metals due to our fish farming practices. I limit my meat and seafood intake to about 12 oz. per day (which was difficult as hell for a gymrat), which is plenty. Some good alternative protein sources are beans and nuts, both of which are heart healthy, fiber-rich, and filling.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Western diet uses far too much protein. Meat in general is overconsumed, and fish, though better is littered with toxins and heavy metals due to our fish farming practices. I limit my meat and seafood intake to about 12 oz. per day (which was difficult as hell for a gymrat), which is plenty. Some good alternative protein sources are beans and nuts, both of which are heart healthy, fiber-rich, and filling.
All the research shows two things:

1) .64g/lb is the absolute maximum with extra padding to make sure it's the absolute maximum amount of protein that anyone needs on a daily basis to grow muscle. Researchers found that any amount above this produced ZERO extra muscle. This is likely because of a limiting factor somewhere in the pipeline that prevents the body from being able to use any extra protein for muscle building purposes. Now, enhanced lifters likely are reducing this limiting factor or even eliminating it, so they likely WOULD benefit from more protein, up to a certain point(maybe double?)

2) As you workout more and become more muscular you need LESS protein NOT MORE protein because the body becomes far more efficient at using it and you are breaking down less tissue to rebuild.

These things taken together mean that pretty much anyone who works out regularly can fulfill all their protein needs with a MAX of 125g per day, if not lower and closer to 100g per day.

Last edited: