Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats your weekly budget?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
** I'm posting this in dj discussion because there is a correlation between dating and finance. Let's face it. When your finances are in order you can do more things and when you do more things you meet more girls. Financial savvy is a must for any aspiring don juan.. if your not financially stable women shouldnt even be a priority in your life

With that being said, personally one area I need help in is finances. I never learned money management skills and right now at 26, I can honestly say my savings account is currently -5$.

Why this matters to me: At 26 with no kids, I want to be able to travel. I want to go to puerto rico for a week and come home without being behind on bills. Currently, this is only a dream.

I made 43,000 last year as a nurse tech. My long term goal is to aquire CDL(s) and aquire a local truck driving job
(at 26, i have no interest in college, and a in demand trade is the next best thing)

Anyway, what's your weekly budget look like? I'd like to be able to get through a week with 100$. *after bills are paid.
[A week with no clubbing or dates]

I have managed to only have about 6000$ in debt on my credit report. Which isn't great but i have college grad friends who make the same as me with 60,000 in debt over their heads..

So i want to know a little about how you manage your budget.. what do you skimp on?
After bills how much discretionary spending money do you use to get through the week for food, entrainment, gas .. do you follow a system? Do you just cut yourself off for the week after you've spent xx amount of dollars?

I know i dont make a ton, but i see no reason i shouldnt have 10-12,000 in the bank for a rainy day..

My monthly expenses are:
$740 -$800 rent and utilities
$180- Sprint **I know this is riddiculous
$175 car insurance
$260 monthly on a personal loan i took foolishly a while back
$50 a month to pay for a personal trainer cert that i don't even use
$10 Spotify
$10 WWE network

Gas and food are a variable

I bring home about 1300-1400 after taxes bi weekly so i can cover all my bills in about 1 check..

Where the other 1400$ a month goes i don't know.. i do buy clothes more often than most men and i also spend 15$ weekly on maintaining my beard/low haircut

I also Vape which eats about 40$

Even still with a couple expensive hobbies/grooming practices its a lot of cheese and lettuce missing out my savings account

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad is a truck driver. The money is decent, but it is a dying occupation. Self-driving trucks are on the road being tested right now. You're better off staying in healthcare. Robots won't take those jobs until after we are dead.

Regarding food, I live off of bottled water, black coffee, peanut butter, and beer, plus whatever I can grow. If you have body fat, you don't really need food, anyway. You're not going to starve to death.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad is a truck driver. The money is decent, but it is a dying occupation. Self-driving trucks are on the road being tested right now. You're better off staying in healthcare. Robots won't take those jobs until after we are dead.

Regarding food, I live off of bottled water, black coffee, peanut butter, and beer, plus whatever I can grow. If you have body fat, you don't really need food, anyway. You're not going to starve to death.
You never crave anything out the norm? Surely you have a "treat meal" once in a while

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure. I get a free meal from family about twice a week or so. I ate out at a Mexican restaurant tonight with a girl and paid 2/3 of the bill, but that's rare for me, only happens a few times a month. I like beer more than food; I'm sure I should drink less and eat more. I just don't like food that much. I'd rather feel skinny and hungry than fat and full.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been big into budgets but I actually went through my bank statement for April to log my spending and I wasted a lot of money. Have started putting 50% of my pay away but bear in mind I live rent free/bill free in a work supplied house so I can afford to..

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Only poor people save their money to gain more money.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd look into one of the pay as you go no contract carriers that are owned by the major cell phone companies...for instance I use Virgin Mobile instead of Sprint and save over $100 on my bill...Same towers, it's owned by Sprint, half price. You could easily chop your cell phone bill down to about $50 a month.

Remember, there is no difference between earning an extra $100 and lowering a current bill by $100. It's the same $100 although most people don't view it that way.

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
** I'm posting this in dj discussion because there is a correlation between dating and finance. Let's face it. When your finances are in order you can do more things and when you do more things you meet more girls. Financial savvy is a must for any aspiring don juan.. if your not financially stable women shouldnt even be a priority in your life

With that being said, personally one area I need help in is finances. I never learned money management skills and right now at 26, I can honestly say my savings account is currently -5$.

Why this matters to me: At 26 with no kids, I want to be able to travel. I want to go to puerto rico for a week and come home without being behind on bills. Currently, this is only a dream.

I made 43,000 last year as a nurse tech. My long term goal is to aquire CDL(s) and aquire a local truck driving job
(at 26, i have no interest in college, and a in demand trade is the next best thing)

Anyway, what's your weekly budget look like? I'd like to be able to get through a week with 100$. *after bills are paid.
[A week with no clubbing or dates]

I have managed to only have about 6000$ in debt on my credit report. Which isn't great but i have college grad friends who make the same as me with 60,000 in debt over their heads..

So i want to know a little about how you manage your budget.. what do you skimp on?
After bills how much discretionary spending money do you use to get through the week for food, entrainment, gas .. do you follow a system? Do you just cut yourself off for the week after you've spent xx amount of dollars?

I know i dont make a ton, but i see no reason i shouldnt have 10-12,000 in the bank for a rainy day..

My monthly expenses are:
$740 -$800 rent and utilities
$180- Sprint **I know this is riddiculous
$175 car insurance
$260 monthly on a personal loan i took foolishly a while back
$50 a month to pay for a personal trainer cert that i don't even use
$10 Spotify
$10 WWE network

Gas and food are a variable

I bring home about 1300-1400 after taxes bi weekly so i can cover all my bills in about 1 check..

Where the other 1400$ a month goes i don't know.. i do buy clothes more often than most men and i also spend 15$ weekly on maintaining my beard/low haircut

I also Vape which eats about 40$

Even still with a couple expensive hobbies/grooming practices its a lot of cheese and lettuce missing out my savings account

Find out about auto deducting a portion of your salary and putting it into a separate bank account. This acount should be at bank you don't have a debit card for. Just a simple saving's at a location accross town. For example if you earn 1400 a week put 400 in that account. Every 4 weeks you'll have 1600 saved or 20,800 after a year (52x400). Lots of money to travel lots of places.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Seems to be the common theme, I know a lot of people like this. Me, I make a lot of money and invest it wisely. I'm also frugal by nature. Never been in debt my life, graduated on a great scholarship. I check my bank account maybe 2 or 3 times per month, mostly for fun. People ask how much money I have, but I never tell. They wouldn't believe me anyways

Zero worries. FeelsGoodMan

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remove the Personnal Certificate Trainer, Reduce by half your cellphone bill, put a automatic saving program (banks or your financial advisor will take X amount of your salary to invest or savings).

I have huge expenses that suits my lifestyle.... so I quickly found out, how much I need yearly to be debt free and put more money on the side.

Although sometimes I am on the margin, I still put around 500$ a month in investments. I plan on rising to 50% of my income once I reach my cap of living expenses (how much I spent in a year)

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spend roughly 40k monthly: 70% business, 30% personal.

I have stock market and real-estate holdings that I will not increase for now. All excess cash flow beyond my nut is held liquid in the business for new venture investments/buyouts.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
27 years old. Important notes:

Car is paid off. Rent is too damn high in the tri-state area, and somehow I save 10% of income into 401k, 5% into a Roth IRA, and 10% into a CD to shop around real estate within the next two years.

For dates: drinks only on the first date, "average" Middle class date for a 2nd date, cooking and smashing at the crib after that, unless she's treating. Work smarter not harder, fellas.

Tips: Use public transportation or a bicycle when you can. Saves a ton of money.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not posting what I make, but I do pretty well. But the more money you make the more you use. My advice to anyone that wants more money to do more stuff would be to go out there and earn more.

There is only so much "money management" can do for you. You can eliminate the unnecessary stuff, but all of this is going to be based on your priorities. After you have allocated all your money, list in order of importance and start scratching sh!t that doesn't fit. Everything ZEROS out, you are either spending money of stuff you need, spending money on entertainment, or saving it.

You want more money, get a sideline business or another job. That does a couple of things, it takes dead time away that you fill with money spending activity, and earns you more. You have 24 hours in a day, biology says you need to spend 8 of those hours sleeping, and depending on how efficient you are another 4 hours or so going to the bathroom, getting exercise, and eating. The rest is really up to you, that 12 hours for work and fun.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
My best contract was last year, $85 an hour corp to corp, 50 hour weeks ($4250 per week, and I only had to pay 9% taxes later because of expenses). This was enough to save but contracts usually only last 6 months.

Currently I'm seeing offers for $120K salary, or $68 an hour W2 (only $1800 a week with taxes pre-extorted to pay for illegal aliens to have kids). Intel and Microsoft just layed off thousands so the economy is not looking pretty.

I was making $43K in 1994 (age 24), and I was totally broke then. What's that like $550 a week after taxes? With rent being $1000 you're always broke. And the sad part is, in order to make twice that (which is $86K or basically working poor) you pretty much need to be a proven rocket scientist.

The Baby Boomers sold us out so they could have a better life. When real estate went up by a factor of 10, it helped people who already owned houses (though not that much as they would still have to buy another house if they sold it) and in the process it screwed everyone who didn't own a house forever. It's like a staircase where suddenly there is a 20 foot gap to the next step. The rising housing market was like a rising step, with the step below staying where it was. It's called the vanishing middle class.

Why are things getting worse? Inflation for one. The way they pay for all the illegals and wars and welfare moms is to print more money to hand them. That makes the cost of everything keep going up, which makes budgeting next to impossible. The answer is to abolish the IRS, abolish the income tax, and end the welfare/warfare state. Or face Venezuela food lines.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
27 years old. For dates: drinks only on the first date, "average" Middle class date for a 2nd date, cooking and smashing at the crib after that, unless she's treating. Work smarter not harder, fellas.
Bud drafts for the first date and Applebee's for the second date and never a nicer place, ever? You just skip to the great sex you have in your dilapidated apartment? You know women get icicles on their vag!na's when they read stuff like this, don't you? When I was 27 I was making $80 an hour, running my own business, working on the invention I later patented, dating 18 year old bikini models and driving a new M3.

And EyeBRollin (joints of brown weed) doesn't say where he works or what he does?? On disability maybe?

Work more not less, fellas.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start selling cable...my buddy's commission check for next month is over $26K

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bud drafts for the first date and Applebee's for the second date and never a nicer place, ever? You just skip to the great sex you have in your dilapidated apartment? You know women get icicles on their vag!na's when they read stuff like this, don't you? When I was 27 I was making $80 an hour, running my own business, working on the invention I later patented, dating 18 year old bikini models and driving a new M3.

And EyeBRollin (joints of brown weed) doesn't say where he works or what he does?? On disability maybe?

Work more not less, fellas.
Wrong answer...if a woman is into you it won't matter WHAT you do...she will still Fvck you.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Wrong answer...if a woman is into you it won't matter WHAT you do...she will still Fvck you.
Of course. And if another man comes along who she is also into, and who happens to have a good JOB (oh, that), the guy with NO JOB gets dumped. Period.

Hence, providing her with a memorable date versus a forgettable date is a factor, Mr. Buy one Whopper Get one free.

Example: on my last date I managed to pick our her favorite restaurant just by her telling me the town she lived in (and doing research). When I took her there, she told me that her last bf would never go there because he said the portions were too small. He wanted a huge plate of crappy food. Which of us do you think she'd rather go out with?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course. And if another man comes along who she is also into, and who happens to have a good JOB (oh, that), the guy with NO JOB gets dumped. Period.
I have a good job actually. I just don't like gold diggers. I'd rather invest my money than waste it on some thirsty broad. She's getting the gift of my time.

Hence, providing her with a memorable date versus a forgettable date is a factor, Mr. Buy one Whopper Get one free.
A memorable date has nothing to do with how much you spend on the chick. You're headed down the wrong path. If I take her on a $200 first date, the date expectations are pricier as time goes on, not the other way around.

Example: on my last date I managed to pick our her favorite restaurant just by her telling me the town she lived in (and doing research). When I took her there, she told me that her last bf would never go there because he said the portions were too small. He wanted a huge plate of crappy food. Which of us do you think she'd rather go out with?
You're applying logic to dating while seeking her approval. You've already lost, fam. I don't give a **** what her favorite restaurant is until she's the girlfriend and demonstrated consistent behavior over a period of months.