Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's the more sever pain you suffered?

Glumix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From 18 to 25 I suffered Cluster Headache. It was pretty painful. At that time, there were nothing on Wikipedia talking about it. I diagnosed myself and went to see a neurologist because the general practitioner here had no clue from what I suffered.

But recently, I took a look at the page and it made me wonder. Did I really suffered that much?

"Our patients were disabled by the disorder and suffered from bouts of pain from two to twenty times a week. They had found no relief from the usual methods of treatment. Their pain was so severe that several of them had to be constantly watched for fear of suicide. Most of them were willing to submit to any operation which might bring relief."

On other pages, it is described as more painful than amputation without anesthesia. Don't think I suffered that much though.

Some break-ups were a lot more painful than that when I was in full AFC mode. :rofl:

Which make me wonder, what's the more sever pain you suffered?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
In 1971, I was shot through the gut with a 7.62 fmj round. I was very lucky. It nicked a couple of organs but missed my spine on its way out. Primary and secondary LZs were too hot, so it was 3 hours until I and the other wounded could be Medevac'd. I nearly bled to death and there was no morphine left around. So when the shock started wearing off, I passed in-and-out from blood loss, shock and pain. It fu*cked me up pretty good. Recovery was 5 weeks.

And that was my second. I thought the first (shoulder wound) was nothing by comparison.

Last edited:

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
I went to a hospital because I had a painful infection underneath my thumbnail that had become a few centimeters wide. The doctor told my parents they needed to operate right away as it was becoming life threatening. Without delay the nurse slowly tore off my thumb nail and then her and the doctor proceeded to dig the infection out of my thumb with a knife and tweezers. No freezing.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I went to a hospital because I had a painful infection underneath my thumbnail that had become a few centimeters wide. The doctor told my parents they needed to operate right away as it was becoming life threatening. Without delay the nurse slowly tore off my thumb nail and then her and the doctor proceeded to dig the infection out of my thumb with a knife and tweezers. No freezing.
That must have really lit you up! You ever undrstand just how many nerve endings are in such a small place until you go through something like that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great stories.

When I was 16, I obliterated my thumb in high school wrestling practice. I had an "ex-fix" which was a big clamp attached to 4 pins in my thumb. The pins had deep threads and a flat head like an arrow. Over the next six weeks, my two thumb bones grew back...which was the plan, but they grew back around the pins. My doc took the clamp off with a craftsman adjustable wrench. Then he took out a hand-operated drill that looked like an egg beater. They attached it to the first pin, told me there was no point in anesthesia, and then he started cranking the drill and spinning that pin inside my thumb so he could yank it out. I think I passed out from pain after the second pin. Torture is an art form; it's about keeping the victim below that pass-out level of pain.

MMA fighting never really hurt. The adrenaline dump is so strong that you don't feel pain.

Except here:

That little fvcker was young enough to be my kid. My arm bent as far as it would go without breaking, and I could hear his trainer yelling "Do it, Brandon! Do it," urging him to break my arm. It was all too fast to tap out. He was doing the arm bar wrong, which is why he landed it on me this far. He never swung his right foot over my face. I did a forward roll directly at the camera and rolled right out of it. I lost the fight later to a choke, but at least I didn't get my arm broken.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Wisdom Tooth pain....omg that was something else.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a kidney stone. I knew something was wrong when I was pissing out blood, so I went to the hospital right away. It didn't take them long to get me in there. At this point, I wasn't feeling any pain yet. Eventually, I felt like I had to go to the bathroom to take a #2. You know what that kind of pain feels like? Multiply that by 100 and you have kidney stone pain.

I was in and out of the hospital for two weeks because I was in so much pain. The doctors prescribed me Percocet which did absolutely fvck all. The worst part is there is absolutely NO position you can get into to relieve the pain. You end up going fvcking crazy because there is absolutely no way to get relief. It was so bad that I started throwing up from the pain. The night before I passed the stone, I was in the hospital and they had shot some Morphine into my system. I'd never had it before. It was like a fvcking train roaring through my body from where the IV was inserted. They gave me another dose when the first one did very little. Eventually, I was all numb. I could still feel the pain, but I didn't care.

The kidney stone looked like a jagged peppercorn. Pissing it out was the least painful part of it. The trip from the kidney to the bladder is the worst part.

I think if I were to have another one, I'd probably get one of my friends to get me some weed. I don't smoke the stuff, but I could see it possibly helping with relief.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had many kidney stones. Nowadays I pass them fairly easily because I stay hydrated. But the first few were exactly as you described... Pain that is literally unbearable, you can't change it by moving your position, throwing up from the pain alone, Morphine makes you not care about the pain although you still fully feel it. All just as you described. Back in 1999 they had to go in via the urethra and electrically blast a 9mm stone, and next month they had to do the same thing again on the other side for a 6mm.

You're right... pissing them out is the least painful part of it. Just maybe a blip of a sting and that's it. For those who don't know, while inside the ureter, the stone acts as a ball valve or plug, causing the kidney to back up with urine, and that's what causes the pain.

I have both Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease, which is a chronically inflamed intestine. The pain I feel from that is virtually with me almost every day. I just had a severe attack a few nights ago... the pain is off the charts. You feel like you're going to die. You have to sit on the toilet for two to three hours, the whole time trying not to pass out from the pain. I get a full-bore attack like that maybe once a month. The rest is just day to day pain.

My fairly recent spinal fusion was no walk in the park either. They had to fuse L2 and L3 together and use a bracket and screws. Turns out it was fractured but the surgeons didn't know that till they went in.

12 years old - I was a little scientist and I blew up a can of alcohol, setting my leg on fire. 3rd degree burns requiring a skin graft (44 square inches of skin taken from my upper thigh). For 6 weeks I had to undergo one to two trips to a whirlpool bath for the leg every day except Sundays, after which they would literally peel the skin off with tweezers. I don't know why they didn't drug me up for that. But that was back in '69. Once the skin graft was done I had immediate relief. Had to learn how to walk again because of muscle atrophy. I fully recovered. The doctor, (who had just come back from Viet Nam treating burn victims), said my healing was by far the most remarkable he had ever seen.

I'm no stranger to physical pain, that's for sure, like many of you guys.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Be dislocated shoulder for me. Had several all from sports. Great story story with one. Was a junior in HS I think, playing on the HS hockey team. Banged my arm just the right way. Shoulder came out. Knew what it felt like from before. When a shoulder dislocates the pain doesn't usually come for 30 seconds or so . Just enough time and the opportunity where I could score a goal. About then the pain came and I was done.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Herniated disc in the L5/S1 regions. Felt like someone was digging a knife in me from my ass all the way down around my calf and between my toes. I'm sure there is plenty of worse experiences, but it was just horrific in a way I can't explain. Constant spasms, which would put me out of work for a week at a time.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had an enlarged boil beneath my anus that had to be surgically removed. During the surgery I almost died from choking on my own vomit while I was under. Man that would've been a gay ass way to go. After the surgery I was left with a hole where the boil used to be, where a nurse had to come every day for 3 weeks to clean and "pack" it.

Nothing like a nurse digging in a hole beneath your anus with a wooden stick with cotton.