Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you lads going to all-boys school do?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm around 3X you lads' ages, but I'm curious about this as I went to an all-boys high school (actually from grade 6 as the school also had a middle school). There were other all-boys schools in the area, and as well a set of all-girls schools (all Catholic), so there was a certain culture such that was not deemed to be abnormal.

Of course, as those of you going to a normal high school would imagine, meeting girls was a good bit tougher. If one didn't have folks setting him up with women, or didn't have aggressive women seek him out (I'll get to this later), such a lad would have to be quite aggressive and use every opportunity to try and meet up with a woman. My M.O. was typically to, after a casual introduction with a woman I wanted to go out with, was to tell the nearest acquaintance of hers that I'd like to get her number to ask her out; most of the time, I got the number, even if nothing of any worth resulted, but sometimes I was told, "she doesn't really like you", which as one might imagine would be terrifying for an adolescent lad to be somewhere where she was.

I did have a few aggressive women seek me out, with a bunch getting my telephone number from a list in a school organization I was in; every single one of them was a putrid pustule of fat. And for my senior prom, by that time I was so sick of this horrific social environment that I was very lazy about asking anyone to go with me that it was about a week out and someone offered his girlfriend's friend; yes she was a bit chunky, but not too bad, and with the largest rack I've ever had the pleasure to be around up till that time (she deflowered me, in a Clintonian sense, LOL).

When I finally got out of there, and going to a college with coeds, I was fairly aggressive, so I got out of the rut. However, I have a few friends that went to my high school who remained a bit lost in picking up women; one of them said that the whole situation of going to an all-boys middle/high school imprinted upon them a "disease" of just being totally unprepared to socialize with women. One of these guys was the "30 year old virgin" who, aside from a few setups to high school dances (nothing past that), reached 30 without every having a date; he ended up asking all his friends/acquaintances he knew to try and set him up, and what do you know - now he's been married about 15 years, to the 3rd woman that he had gotten set up with then. Another one was an "almost 40 year old virgin", and he settled into being the guy that all the 40-something women that asked their friends/acquaintances for a man to get set up with, in a curious reversal of the situation with that other guy. (He's even been set up with grandmothers, LOL!) He says that he doesn't even have to push for increasing intimacy, as these women make it very easy for him. Indeed, Sexual Market Value theory in practice!

Anyway, for whatever reason, I've just been thinking about this, and am curious as to how this generation handles this situation. I would imagine that with SMS & Facebook, etc., it's got to easier than it was for men my age in that situation.

Reaction score
The all boy and all girl schools in my area just throw massive jams every week or so. They go there, meet people, get numbers, then hang out since the schools are relatively close.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had lots of friends at all-boys and girls schools in Cape Town. We'd all go to the same parties, meet and hook up there. People across schools get to know each other and hang out as groups from there. Didn't hurt that some all-girls schools would hold fashion shows with afterparties either. All schools also had dances every year that you brought a date to.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it seemed for me to be a lot more barren than for Juan & NorwegianDJ. Yes, there were the occasional parties that folks had, but it seemed like, at least in my crowd, we hardly knew anyone. And those women that we did somewhat know were all classmates of some of ours up to 8th grade - and that thinned out after a year of so in high school.