Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you do when you get in a rut about working out?

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple of things are usually sufficient to induce laziness in me such that I have no desire to do my regular weekly workouts. I try to lift 3 times a week, but if stress from work mounts up to a sufficient level, it really kills it for me. The other thing that kills it for me the heat. Now living in Texas undoubtedly you're thinking "wtf man?"...I like colder weather and keep my house pretty cold but the heat from down south still gets to me during the June-August months.

The past couple weeks have been both actually. Work stress + heat = not doing anything. I managed to get one short workout in last week and that's been it. I'll either take a nap after getting home or I decided to play a couple of video games for a time. Those seem to be the only immediate outlets available for me to relax.

Stress has gone down a little but the heat is gonna be here a while. I'm trying to get my ass motivated back to my 3x weekly lifting sessions. Can you share any tips you use to get out of these ruts of laziness that pop up sometimes?

WhiskeyTango

Don Juan
Reaction score
I set an alarm for 04:00 and it is on the far side of the bedroom so I am forced to get up and take 10-12 steps to shut it off. From there it's to the bathroom to brush my teeth throw my workout clothes on and straight to the gym. I cannot muster the determination to workout after work so I do it first thing in the morning before my mind has time to talk me out of it. It's been a routine of mine for over a year now. So if I skip a workout I feel like total s**t. Like I said I have been doing this for over a year now with a good diet and haven't looked this good since my football days in college. That is what keeps me motivated and the women dig the cut, muscular look.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep U always have to hold the line. This week I was sick and stupidly helping the g/f with her assignments. Still did tennis badminton, shadow boxing and 1 weights session. Net result I didn't go backwards and now I'm ready to make some gains