Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wall of text warning: How men were the prize in 19th century USA

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I've been more in touch with red pill ways of thinking the past years, I've always had an interest in how relationships between men and women were prior to "Hollywood" or whatever other common western media we typically associate with a lot of radicalized ideas in our society's gender roles get warped because of some idealistic perception. Feminism in the 20th century is a great example of this. What did love and marriage mean to people before tv was common?

A lot of guys here on SS are of the opinion that marriage today isn't really necessary anymore because in many generations past, women relied on marriage for survival. I don't disagree with this premise. Women can survive on their own today, yes.

So what's my point with this post? No I'm not launching into another rant that marriage is still viable today. Instead the point of this post is to reinforce to some of you guys here that men are the prize, not women. And I'm going to prove it by quoting some text from the classic Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Many people have read these books as kids, I've had the pleasure of reading them as an adult with my own kids now and there are valuable insights available even for redpill followers like us.

Context

These passages are taken from The Long Winter when Charles Ingalls had moved his family to the Dakota territory near DeSmet. This was during the U.S. Homestead Act in which if you could move out to certain areas of land, put some kind of shelter up and farm it successfully for around 5 years I think, the government would give you like 160 acres of land for free. So Charles already has his family there, just in time for a storm of the century type winter. These excerpts are taken somewhere around January, so they are around the halfway point of the continuous blizzards the small settlement is enduring. People are literally beginning to run low on supplies including food. The Ingalls family at this point is surviving on a daily meal consisting of potatoes, tea and brown bread. They already exhausted their supply of flour to bake bread, so Charles had to part with a high amount of cash to buy 50 pounds of wheat which they are grinding to make flour.

page 227

For the second meal of the day she boiled twelve potatoes in their jackets. Little Grace needed only one, the others had two apiece, and Ma insisted that Pa take the extra one. "They're not big potatoes, Charles," she argued, "and you must keep up your strength.

Anyway, eat it to save it. We don't want it, do we, girls?"

"No, Ma,", they all said. "No, thank you, Pa, truly I don't want it." This was true. They were not really hungry. Pa was hungry. His eyes looked eagerly at the brown bread and the steaming potatoes when he came from struggling along the clothesline in the storm. But the others were only tired, tired of the winds and the cold and the dark, tired of brown bread and potatoes, tired of listless and dull.
Oh my God! The very thought that a man takes more food than the women, including little girls? He should have sacrificed everything he had so that their health would not suffer. This is exactly what feminists and white knights would spout today if a modern family found themselves in such a situation and a man did this same thing. Ma and her girls recognize that by keeping the man of the family strong, his chances of survival increase their own. After all, the women are just sitting around on their asses anyway not doing much of anything.

pages 209-211...after Pa and some other men in town tried to hunt some antelope and failed.

...While you're getting dinner ready Caroline, I'll step up to the feed store and find out.

The feed store was bare and empty, but Royal looked from the back room and said heartily, "Come on in, Mr. Ingalls! You're just in time to sample the pancakes and bacon!"

"I didn't know this was your dinnertime," Pa said. He looked at the platter of bacon keeping hot on the stove hearth. Three stacks of pancakes were tall on a plate too and Royal was frying more. There was molasses on the table and the coffeepot was boiling.

"We eat when we get hungry," said Royal. "That's the advantage of baching it. Where there's no womenfolks, there's no regular mealtimes."

"You boys are lucky to have brought in supplies," Pa said.

"Sit right up, Mr. Ingalls, and help yourself. There's plenty more down cellar in a teacup!" said Royal. So Pa did.
So this excerpt actually happened before the previous one, but I posted it for a good reason. When Laura wrote these books, she asked her family to help fill in gaps in her memory about various events. At some point, she had to have asked her father what all happened during this time; how would she have known her father sat down for a dinner with the well-stocked Wilder boys?

So when Laura and the rest of the family eventually found out that Pa kept himself well fed by occasionally stopping in to mooch off the Wilder boys, there was no outrage that Pa didn't bring back food for the rest of the family? Again, women back then more readily recognize that the man is the prize.

But survival back then is very different that survival today, right? I believe if you really stop to think about it, a woman trying to survive on her own today will still present a great challenge from many different aspects.

Always remember men when you're out there with any woman, YOU ARE THE PRIZE!

logicallefty

Reaction score
I know few single women today who can truly survive on their own without help from a man or the government. IMO in order to be the prize one criteria is that you must have the financial means and/or skills to handle 100% of your problems and needs. This doesn't mean you can't get a buddy to help you build a deck for free, it means you would be able to either do it yourself or hire it done if you absolutely had to. Women are good at getting men to 'help' with this kind of stuff but the difference is most could not otherwise do it or afford it. The only thing they really have to offer are their poons, if they don't sucker the guy into the work for totally free. To me using your body for resources be it labor, goods, cash, whatever, doesn't make you a prize, it makes you a wh0re.