Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unbreakable Bond

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing old couples happy together and having grand parents...

What keeps these people together?

Could it happen to an old DJ?

Billtx49

Reaction score
Find someone you want to spend quality time with after the honeymoon period, initial attraction, and looks fade. These couples commonly use the term "best friends". Have to like her personality for the long haul…

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find someone you want to spend quality time with after the honeymoon period, initial attraction, and looks fade. These couples commonly use the term "best friends". Have to like her personality for the long haul…
Yeah, the initial attraction stage is great and all (see: mystery and drama) but to be comfortable and just chill with someone seems more my speed... some would call this the "mature love phase"...would be great to get past the power struggle phase, quickly. I'm tired.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, the initial attraction stage is great and all (see: mystery and drama) but to be comfortable and just chill with someone seems more my speed... some would call this the "mature love phase"...would be great to get past the power struggle phase, quickly. I'm tired.
That phase never ends.

If you sit on your ass and get lazy your woman will get bitchy

A good woman pushes you to be your best, always.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good woman pushes you to be your best, always.
Yeah, my chick went sh!t nuclear without a clue that I do that already. I was in the army, after all... be all you can be! It's in my blood.

I don't need her for that, just help and companionship.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They both have no options so they have to settle.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work with old folks..... Happy old couples are FAR AND FEW BETWEEN.

Most hate each other... tons of resentment... anger. But they have no choice.

One thing you all have to realize is that the person you marry can and probably will change.... most of the time not for the better.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Most hate each other... tons of resentment... anger. But they have no choice.

One thing you all have to realize is that the person you marry can and probably will change.... most of the time not for the better.
Be extra careful?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ALL women are crazy... You pick the amount of crazy you are willing to live with....

The perfect mate does not exist.... "Unicorns"are a myth.
How about slightly crazy in the fun kinda way? ;):cool:

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trouble is that most of us are here because we haven't found a unicorn and aren't willing to settle for the crap that most married guys put up with. So you might be asking the wrong crowd. My two cents worth you need shared long term goals. Otherwise once the initial excitement has worn off it all just becomes domestic grind.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, I can verify that one.

However, there are some couples out there who are genuinely happy together. Usually it's because the man is very much a confident leader in the household. I've met a lot of women who won't shut up about how much they miss their late husband. But there's also a lot who will just mention him in passing without mentioning a single fond memory.

I think there's a definite line drawn between the two, and I suspect it all goes back to High Score Theory. The ones who are happy with each other or the widow misses her husband were usually married for an extremely long time; like 50-60 years. That means she married while she was 18-20, or possibly even earlier.

I really do believe it makes a difference landing your women young. The women who don't really care that their husband is gone either married a beta, or met him in their late 20s or early 30s after multiple encounters. I have an aunt who was thrilled her husband died, and exclaimed that being married is like "being in fvcking jail"

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Habit is what keeps them together....

I only know ONE older married couple that appear to be completely happy... and it's a couple that actually married when they were in their 60s who had been friends as children and both their fist marriages ended in death. What keeps them happy is they both have a LONG history and a LOT in common.

Also, if they are older... then they likely married at a time when a woman's natural hypergamy was kept in check by shaming and society.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Habit is what keeps them together....

I only know ONE older married couple that appear to be completely happy... and it's a couple that actually married when they were in their 60s who had been friends as children and both their fist marriages ended in death. What keeps them happy is they both have a LONG history and a LOT in common.

Also, if they are older... then they likely married at a time when a woman's natural hypergamy was kept in check by shaming and society.
Who in life is completely happy? Aren't we setting the bar too high for marriage?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who in life is completely happy? Aren't we setting the bar too high for marriage?
The question was what keeps them together.... I answered... it's habit. Happiness is not relevant. I mention it only to state the obvious... happiness is not a factor. I know only ONE older couple that is happy... and there are plenty out that are still together even though they hate each other.

Marriage is stupid... any man that agrees to that nonsense in this day and age needs their heads examined.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question was what keeps them together.... I answered... it's habit. Happiness is not relevant. I mention it only to state the obvious... happiness is not a factor. I know only ONE older couple that is happy... and there are plenty out that are still together even though they hate each other.

Marriage is stupid... any man that agrees to that nonsense in this day and age needs their heads examined.
Yes, it's all about habit. Habit is huge in the way you live life. I guess that may be also what will keep a lot of us single for life.. ha ha

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, I can verify that one.
I have an aunt who was thrilled her husband died, and exclaimed that being married is like "being in fvcking jail"
Did you ever ask her why she stayed married? It might be like a jail, but she did hold the key to let herself out and escape. Why not exercise that option instead of living in an arrangement she was not happy with?

I've always believed it takes a much stronger person to go alone, than stay with someone.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you might be asking the wrong crowd.
I already know the answer. I just wanted to see what kind of comments would come up. I'm looking for different perspectives. And, maybe I might learn something I don't already know.