Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Timing

HPUser7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking for some general advice here:
In high school, how far ahead should you plan a first date? Obviously, doing a week ahead of time is pretty stupid and desperate seeming, but waiting until the last minute for spontaneity seems to have some drawbacks. What is a good rule of thumb for how many days/hours to plan a date for?

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends. As a junior who can drive therefore, I can do things on the spot. If the girl has something to do (e.g. wrestling practice), then tell her to find out when she doesn't have practice/whatever. If she really wants it, she'll get to you. As a sophomore, having a girlfriend was hard for me because we were limited to our parents giving us rides. One time we just met somewhere, and the other times her mom gave us rides (meaning no moves in the car/hello/goodbye kiss/hug). We just went on a date once a week, but on different days. So you can do it as instant as you like, or as far away as you like. It's on your time, don't forget. Who cares if it's a week from now or later tonight?
TL;DR: whenever you want. There's nothing wrong with it being the day of or a week later.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A week is not too little. Do not worry.

You can invite someone to something happening the following or the same day, just don't expect them to be able to come. A week or a bit less is usually great. A bit longer and it can seem more serious, but that can also be something to go for.