Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The whole "don't text too much" rule

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that there are times you do have to follow that rule, but just don't stick to it all the time no matter what. Have to judge the situation for yourself, can't just blindly follow rules posted online.

Long story short, friend of a friend got all pissed cuz "I stole her from him" lol

"I'm pretty sure he had my number for a whole week before you did and he didn't take advantage of that or try talking to me between then and the 2nd time we were all at Xxxxx house together but when you got my number you actually took the time to text me and get to know me better so he has no one to blame but himself that I felt more comfortable hanging out with you"

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a good rule, texting produces over communication and a lot of times you end up their texting buddy. Provide some desired feelings and distraction without having to talk to or see you.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only people I text regularly are close friends and family. I hardly ever call anyone.

The only women of interest I text often are those that live abroad or at some distance who I rarely see, in order to maintain the connection. Even those would not be every day and usually only responding to their initial messages. In fact I can go weeks without exchanging anything with them. Women who are genuinely interested (above 50% interest level) will always get back in touch with you eventually.

Initially, sure, you have to make a bit of effort; strike a balance somewhere between cold and distant and needy over-texting. But once the connection is established, idle chit-chat really need be kept to a minimum. Conversely, a woman who needs you to be constantly texting back and forth has issues of her own.

Understand fickle nature of humans; this woman might say she loves texting now, but that's how she feels right now. She might one day come to appreciate a guy who is more unavailable. The only mistake your friend made is appearing to be indifferent from the very beginning, therefore came off as disinterested, where you were interested. Understand that this changes as the situation develops.

The only situation I would find myself texting a woman of interest everyday is if we were exclusive; even then, she would be left to do most of the initiation.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only people I text regularly are close friends and family. I hardly ever call anyone.

The only women of interest I text often are those that live abroad or at some distance who I rarely see, in order to maintain the connection. Even those would not be every day and usually only responding to their initial messages. In fact I can go weeks without exchanging anything with them. Women who are genuinely interested (above 50% interest level) will always get back in touch with you eventually.

Initially, sure, you have to make a bit of effort; strike a balance somewhere between cold and distant and needy over-texting. But once the connection is established, idle chit-chat really need be kept to a minimum. Conversely, a woman who needs you to be constantly texting back and forth has issues of her own.

Understand fickle nature of humans; this woman might say she loves texting now, but that's how she feels right now. She might one day come to appreciate a guy who is more unavailable. The only mistake your friend made is appearing to be indifferent from the very beginning, therefore came off as disinterested, where you were interested. Understand that this changes as the situation develops.

The only situation I would find myself texting a woman of interest everyday is if we were exclusive; even then, she would be left to do most of the initiation.
It's better to talk. Your voice needs to have an effect upon them. Anyways. I lost sparks and connection from overtexting in the past.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's better to talk.
It's better still to talk in person. I'm too busy to be spending hours on the phone; like I get home from work, gym, sports, socials etc. do my chores, eat and go to bed.

I'll make arrangements to meet them in person and affect them with my voice that way. I honestly can't remember the last time I spoke to a woman on the phone 'just for a chat'.

Jetleg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I text/call to set up a a meeting.

with my GFs i sometimes call to catch up if im busy and cant meet, but then again, i always make a closure with a meeting.

Texting women = waste of time, even if you're flirting etc.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that there are times you do have to follow that rule, but just don't stick to it all the time no matter what. Have to judge the situation for yourself, can't just blindly follow rules posted online.

Long story short, friend of a friend got all pissed cuz "I stole her from him" lol

"I'm pretty sure he had my number for a whole week before you did and he didn't take advantage of that or try talking to me between then and the 2nd time we were all at Xxxxx house together but when you got my number you actually took the time to text me and get to know me better so he has no one to blame but himself that I felt more comfortable hanging out with you"
There's hundreds of variables at play here that we don't know about. And this is an n=1 example. And I'm guessing you didn't bang her either, so take her words with a grain of salt

If she legit found your friend hot, this is what would happen. She would hang out with you, put you in the friend zone (or sleep with you if she's a sl*t), and secretly try to use you to make your friend jealous. Who knows too, maybe this is the case.

Being too available and being too unavailable are also two extremes. Most guys fall under the too available spectrum. But you don't want to be either. Sounds like your friend was probably too far the other direction.

Last edited:

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like your friend just waited too long and missed his window of opportunity, and she simply lost interest.

There's a difference between not texting too much/being a mystery and not taking the initiative to make a move. It sounds like your situation deals more with the latter than the former. You can still avoid overtexting after you have initiated your desire to pursue her via text.

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score

It's a bullsh!t rule that all the out of touch guys here live by. Some girls won't even meet up with you unless you build rapport through text first.

MrOctober

Don Juan
Reaction score
the more you text.. the more chance of you saying something to turn her off.
with the ones who love texting ill kinda just give a few moments here and there to shoot a couple texts back and forth quickly then just ice the last one for awhile... its usually followed by another and I answer at my leisure.

I have one now shes sent me a zillion pictures looking for validation over text and i just change the subject like she never sent it lol
its driving her nuts i know it. i meet up with her Saturday for drinks and its gonna be lights out no doubt.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Rules like "don't text too much" are based on valuing your time as a man.

Long text conversations are a waste of a man's time. If she is a plate or someone you're f*cking then she will want as much FACE TO FACE time as possible. Then you can "chat" while you f*ck.

Also, if you think "stealing" a woman from another man is some kind of accomplishment, then think again. Women are designed to get f*cked by the best man available. Its never an accomplishment. Its what is supposed to happen. Its only an accomplishment to someone with few options and no value who finds a way to "trick" a woman into f*cking them through PUA acting.

It's a bullsh!t rule that all the out of touch guys here live by. Some girls won't even meet up with you unless you build rapport through text first.
You only win the game when you get what you want on YOUR terms. If you have to submit to the woman's terms to get laid.. then you're a loser. For instance, I don't see past women I've f*cked who are now married to betas as a "loss" of any kind. I had her on my terms while the beta she is married to is her b!tch. That's not winning.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The minute you begin to ask yourself how often you should text, you have already lost. You text when you want to text. IF you start second-guessing your actions and yourself, she will too. Successful men do as they please in the dating game. IF she fails to show you deference because of any action that you take, she loses: you disappear.

The road to authenticity demands lots of NEXTing.

Serenity

Reaction score
Guys have to understand this is a balance, there is such a thing as texting too little and being too passive and aloof. There is also such a thing as texting too much.

If she's rapidly sending you responses, then not responding is incorrect. If she haven't responded for 3 hours or whatever, then sending another text is incorrect.

The best "rule" would be to match her pace, whatever that pace may be. Whether it's 1 text every other day, 20 texts in a couple of hours or just no response in a week. Match the pace. The other rule is to get to the point, nobody texts somebody for a lengthy conversation. If she's the slow type, just get to asking her out in a few texts. If she's texting a lot then break it off suddenly and ask her out adding you can talk next time you meet, maybe say your thumbs are getting sore or something.

I personally find it boring to text, I want sh!t to happen and use texts to arrange some real life stuff instead.

The most effective way is to get to asking her out as soon as possible. You'll not text too much nonsense and you'll find out quickly if she's up for it or not. If she is then great, if not then you saved your time and effort.

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting just like any other form of communication must be measured and calculated. It works just fine in some relationships. Just don't be stupid......

Every one of my "texting buddies" have turned into **** buddies.....

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@guru1000 posted what I was going to say ha! You text as much as you want to text.

Deal with women on your terms alone. The rule of 'don't text too much' is a guideline for you to begin texting on your own terms.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
The minute you begin to ask yourself how often you should text, you have already lost. You text when you want to text. IF you start second-guessing your actions and yourself, she will too. Successful men do as they please in the dating game. IF she fails to show you deference because of any action that you take, she loses: you disappear.

The road to authenticity demands lots of NEXTing.
Spot on.

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, if you think "stealing" a woman from another man is some kind of accomplishment, then think again. Women are designed to get f*cked by the best man available. Its never an accomplishment. Its what is supposed to happen. Its only an accomplishment to someone with few options and no value who finds a way to "trick" a woman into f*cking them through PUA acting.

You only win the game when you get what you want on YOUR terms. If you have to submit to the woman's terms to get laid.. then you're a loser. For instance, I don't see past women I've f*cked who are now married to betas as a "loss" of any kind. I had her on my terms while the beta she is married to is her b!tch. That's not winning.
Look at you assuming lol hilarious

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The vast majority of these "rules" are stupid:

- The 3 second rule is stupid and makes you look thirsty

- The always kino rule is stupid because you need to "feel" the girl out first before you "feel on her"

- The don't use OLD rule is flat out stupid, OLD is one of the most efficient ways to get a.ss today

- The don't call her within 3 days rule is stupid, following that will just have the girl forget who you are

- The don't get into a relationship if she fvcks on the first night rule is stupid because all chicks are wh0res

- The immediately NEXT her because she's "low quality" rule is stupid because all chicks are low quality, so might as well get the a.ss if she's looking to throw it at you

- The looks don't matter, only your game does rule is stupid, because looks/style/perceived finances open the door while your personality keeps the door open.