Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Art of Seduction Book Study

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Just off the bat in response to what you responded to me. How would you go about seducing a "Marla Singer" type? Cause I have no clue with these girls....
I have not had any attempts at seducing a chick that was a downer, but my guess would be to focus on their outlook/philosophy on life first and their current emotion second. If the women is pessimistic, talk to her in a way that allows her to be pessimistic

Anti Seducer
Man this section hit hard for me. A little in the beginning but the stories that followed were really showing flaws that I have been guilty of. Concerning not paying enough attention in the first story, my favorite quote was

In the process of seduction you may have to pull back at times, subjecting your target to moments of doubt. But prolonged inattention will not only break the spell, it can create hatred
Although I think that the hatred is just loosely veiled attraction that can be manipulated (see: All of Sunny D's threads) there is a point where the inattention leads to hatred and you have to put in a little extra in order to get back to where you once were. Plus the residue of the hatred will always be there imo.

In the second story, this one hit me the hardest. For those that read my approach journal they probably recognized my cavemanning and boundary pushing in the club that lead to short term success but tons of flaking. Many of my successes in the club arose from less kino (still kino nonetheless) and more talking/getting to know her. I agree with the statement that "haste degrees not the depth of your feelings but the degree of your self-absorption". I always had my interest at hand when I grope the girls but when we are talking, the only way I know how to do it is to make her the center of attention.

The third story, about hesitation is basic seduction. Strike while the iron is hot. The quote I liked the best was that
His hesitation shows that he is thinking of himself, not of her...
When you get caught up on your insecurities you can’t focus on the target which is why you, as a person, should not factor into the seduction equation

The fourth story does not really apply to anything I have witnessed/done before so no comment there

The quote in the fifth story I liked the most was
if you are looking for something other than pleasure - for money, for power - never show it. The suspicion of an ulterior motive is anti-seduction
The 6th story was not real interesting/relevant to me.

The overall message I got from each Anti-Seduction story was to keep the focus on the target. Things tend to unravel when you are lost in your thoughts and

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
I have not had any attempts at seducing a chick that was a downer, but my guess would be to focus on their outlook/philosophy on life first and their current emotion second. If the women is pessimistic, talk to her in a way that allows her to be pessimistic

Anti Seducer
Man this section hit hard for me. A little in the beginning but the stories that followed were really showing flaws that I have been guilty of. Concerning not paying enough attention in the first story, my favorite quote was

Although I think that the hatred is just loosely veiled attraction that can be manipulated (see: All of Sunny D's threads) there is a point where the inattention leads to hatred and you have to put in a little extra in order to get back to where you once were. Plus the residue of the hatred will always be there imo.

In the second story, this one hit me the hardest. For those that read my approach journal they probably recognized my cavemanning and boundary pushing in the club that lead to short term success but tons of flaking. Many of my successes in the club arose from less kino (still kino nonetheless) and more talking/getting to know her. I agree with the statement that "haste degrees not the depth of your feelings but the degree of your self-absorption". I always had my interest at hand when I grope the girls but when we are talking, the only way I know how to do it is to make her the center of attention.

The third story, about hesitation is basic seduction. Strike while the iron is hot. The quote I liked the best was that When you get caught up on your insecurities you can’t focus on the target which is why you, as a person, should not factor into the seduction equation

The fourth story does not really apply to anything I have witnessed/done before so no comment there

The quote in the fifth story I liked the most was

The 6th story was not real interesting/relevant to me.

The overall message I got from each Anti-Seduction story was to keep the focus on the target. Things tend to unravel when you are lost in your thoughts and
Ok I read this chapter and think it is very applicable to real life seduction even in this present age.

Regarding the whole Marla Singer type and your thoughts.... I think you are basically saying don't criticize her for being negative... but empathize with it..... I think since this whole forum preaches being confident, fun, and light hearted it is hard for any of us to seduce this type... I personally haven't seduced this type of person either... I wonder how you can make them be attracted to you though to get them into bed?

I think all the anti seducer types he describes makes sense. And as you say MF you have to keep your focus on the target.... too much lack of attention results in flaking just as too much of it does. Its all about balance. Right now I'm working on a girl that gives me signs when I make the first move... but doesn't seem to make any contact with me on her own. You can see my approach journal.. as she is actually seeing someone. Most people here would say to next her but I think being patient is very important. Still I'm not sure to push the issue and get her to meet or be calm..... gosh the head aches....

One thing I honestly learned though through my own real life workings with women is that you have to make an effort or you won't get anything. I think people on this forum next too fast and end up with their **** in their hands.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's some parts of the chapter that I found relatable to real life

He states insecurity is the common trait all anti-seducers posess. Perhaps when girls sense this it is a big turn off to them and as a DJ we must do all we can to remain confident and fun no matter what the scenario may be...

The first story of Claudius who never paid attention to his wife and had her cheat on him..... I think its interesting in that this board says supplicating a girl is the worse thing you can do.... but here he did the opposite but not paying attention to her and she cheated on him. Again I believe you need the right balance

With my interactions with my plates I honestly become frustrated.... I never know whether I should try and show attention or play it cool and act disinterested.......

When I'm out with a girl should I be aggressive...... or act chill.....

It seems like this board advocates the latter but I'm honestly finding we may be forced to bend to the whim of the female until we get them.....

I may get chastized here for saying that but in my experiences thus far it is very hard to play this whole HV thing without some supplication

TakenDirectly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently reading the book and enjoy its views on seduction. I'm barely starting at the Dandy, but I have to disagree with what the Ideal Lover is talking about. The Ideal Lover seems to make a point (really quickly, but it should of emphasized on it) that you have to read carefully on what they want. They explain of a king or duke that while he was able to seduce and be a womanizer what he really wanted was to be recognized on his more noble traits. They keep on going about how so many women would confess or express what they want or desire, but nowadays these words can end you. Women can flat out tell you what they want, but in no way can u tell if that is what they truly desire. U have to read their tone, expressions, words and all that (IN THAT FREAKIN MOMENT) in order to see if they are telling you this honestly or just BSing you. My guess would be that to avoid all that hassle would be to gain their fullest trust and hope that what they tell you is the truth.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TakenDirectly said:
I'm currently reading the book and enjoy its views on seduction. I'm barely starting at the Dandy, but I have to disagree with what the Ideal Lover is talking about. The Ideal Lover seems to make a point (really quickly, but it should of emphasized on it) that you have to read carefully on what they want. They explain of a king or duke that while he was able to seduce and be a womanizer what he really wanted was to be recognized on his more noble traits. They keep on going about how so many women would confess or express what they want or desire, but nowadays these words can end you. Women can flat out tell you what they want, but in no way can u tell if that is what they truly desire. U have to read their tone, expressions, words and all that (IN THAT FREAKIN MOMENT) in order to see if they are telling you this honestly or just BSing you. My guess would be that to avoid all that hassle would be to gain their fullest trust and hope that what they tell you is the truth.

I agree. This just all goes back to one of my questions; How much stock should we put into what a woman says she wants? I mean you hear girls describe how they want a serious guy that listens and is faithful blah blah... then they end up with some dirt bag with 3 tattoos.....

TakenDirectly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's up to how good you are with reading people that will let you decide on how to separate all the BS from the honest stuff a woman tells you. IMO when a woman does tell you some of the things they want and they end up with a guy you feel is the complete opposite then you will notice that the guy actually does have some of those qualities she wants. Of course those qualities never seem to be the things that SHINE in that guy. IMO he's able to show he owns some of those things, but at the same time able to live life normally and not try to make it seem like he has to show those traits off to get a woman. A guy can show a girl he CAN be loyal without having to avoid all other women and basically be on her leash.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TakenDirectly said:
I think it's up to how good you are with reading people that will let you decide on how to separate all the BS from the honest stuff a woman tells you. IMO when a woman does tell you some of the things they want and they end up with a guy you feel is the complete opposite then you will notice that the guy actually does have some of those qualities she wants. Of course those qualities never seem to be the things that SHINE in that guy. IMO he's able to show he owns some of those things, but at the same time able to live life normally and not try to make it seem like he has to show those traits off to get a woman. A guy can show a girl he CAN be loyal without having to avoid all other women and basically be on her leash.
Perhaps...

TakenDirectly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm reading over the Seduction Process and wonder how it compares to what I've learned here. Basically, I'm getting the impression that you need to become the person's friend and gain a trust/bond in order to penetrate their mind. Still, here we learn that become the "friend" is absolute death. It looks like this book is dedicated to seduce on a longer term. To literally convince this person to feel you are their soulmate and have them want you to the absolute core. IMO the book does have techniques for getting a person quickly, but it would depend on the person and what they want. Then you can indirectly show them that you have and are these things and they will melt right in your hands. I'm trying some of this stuff out and the book definitely brings up good techniques. Possibly the number 1 thing that this book has to teach is to show the person YOU are what they are missing in life. Truth is we all feel incomplete in one way or another and if we are smooth enough to get into this persons skin and see through their eyes then we can give them the illusion of being their one and only.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TakenDirectly said:
I'm reading over the Seduction Process and wonder how it compares to what I've learned here. Basically, I'm getting the impression that you need to become the person's friend and gain a trust/bond in order to penetrate their mind. Still, here we learn that become the "friend" is absolute death. It looks like this book is dedicated to seduce on a longer term. To literally convince this person to feel you are their soulmate and have them want you to the absolute core. IMO the book does have techniques for getting a person quickly, but it would depend on the person and what they want. Then you can indirectly show them that you have and are these things and they will melt right in your hands. I'm trying some of this stuff out and the book definitely brings up good techniques. Possibly the number 1 thing that this book has to teach is to show the person YOU are what they are missing in life. Truth is we all feel incomplete in one way or another and if we are smooth enough to get into this persons skin and see through their eyes then we can give them the illusion of being their one and only.

I agree....... I think the one thing that has resonated clear from this study is that in order to seduce you need to give the target something they are missing. Now the real question is how the hell do we do that??? I think thats what most of the people on this site and sites like it lack myself including. Though my approach journal I have find this process to be very difficult....

TakenDirectly

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you would pick your victims according to how well you can do that. They give the example of Casanova that would pick the girls that were recently dumped. These girls can be easy to figure out because they will literally give you all the answers as soon as they get to know you. Of course, if you were to cold approach a girl and get to know some facts about her then you might find out things like their ambitions, their goals, their past problems, etc. Of course, you won't be looking for their complete history, but you'll learn by the way they talk about it, react to it, react to your responses, etc. and that should give you a good guideline of what they could possibly want. Again, this would work on someone during a longer than usual term. If you want something quick then the speed seduction tips on this site would work better.

edit U know this wouldn't be a bad thing for wingmen to use and then pass along the answers to their buddy to seduce the girl.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I started reading a bit of the next section which is on the types targets themselves and the classifications. I think it will be interesting to see if Greene is accurate with these descriptions and also if it would be advantageous for us to try to put every target we meet into one of these classifications and act accordingly.

I'd love to hear everyone elses' views

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I finished reading this section. Pretty interesting..... he basically outlines the different characters that you a seducer must tailor his game to. He mostly discusses the theory of it which I guess is what the whole book is about; and we have to develop specfic tactics for each endeavour.

I think the one thing that strikes me is that he endorses supplication to a degree which I'm personally starting to theorize may be necessary to a degree which of course is the contrary to what this board preaches.

Regarding real world examples..... I am able to relate some of the characters to girls that have had the hots for me..... but most of them were below par and I wasn't interested in them.

If anyone thinks they have a real story of how they seduced a character Green described here and can give descriptive details it would be great!

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to continue to read to the end of the book and post my thoughts. We've had this study for longer than a year and I think we took it a bit slow. Still I think there is significant information we can get out of it.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I just read the chapter "Choose the right Victim"

He basically says that we should choose only victims which we can seduce. This basically insinuates that are seduction power is limited and he even flately states that we cannot seduce everyone. Then he says that we should go after targets that naturally attract us so that our moves or game will seem genuine and not contrived.

He also continues to mention that in order for a person to be seduced they must be lacking something. A happy content person cannot be seduced. He says we should expect a chase and we shouldn't go after easy targets....

Thoughts all?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another point this chapter makes is that of "waiting and taking time in seduction" Greene basically says that anything doesn't require time isn't worth seducing. Yet on this forum we basically preach to next a girl for little things.... little things at least in comparison to some of the the AFC things Greene's examples do....

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok just read the next chapter which is "Create a False Sense of Security-Approach Indirectly"

This basically seems to be promoting getting into the friend zone first and slowly making your target fall in love with you. Again this is contrary to SoSuave which seems to be strongly against the friend zone and advocates to make your attention known.

This whole section is basically "indirect method" and again says that the best seductions take time..... and that you have to let your target feel like they are making the decision on their own to fall in love with you and is not led into by you which will cause resentment.....

He at least mentions in the reversal portion that Cassanova used a bold move fast to secude a lot of targets... but that those ultimately were not fufilling.

All in all these 2 chapters are contrary to a lot of what is preached here.

I would love to discuss both these chapters are they are interesting....

Is this advice legit?

Has anyone had a real world experience with it?

Lets get this study moving again!

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I guess I'm the only one posting to this thread recently but I don't care lol... I'm the type of person that likes to finish what he started.

I just read the next chapter which is Send Mixed Signals

The title sounds easy enough but I honestly found this chapter to hurt my head. Green discusses that being a paradox is attractive... basically being mysterious under your surface. Thats all well and good I suppose except that his examples of how his historical characters did this are anything but clear.

He describes the first example as a women seductress who is for 1. beautiful and eventually gives the guy a lot of attention and pull away at the end.

Typical! No lesson there

Then he talks about Oscar Wilde and how he seduced masses in America by looking like a dragqueen but really being masculine underneath it... something ala mystery I guess

His main message on the keys of seduction is to throw a "glimpse" of some other charateristic you might don't display on the surface yet he doesn't give any clear examples on how this is done....

If anyone feels this chapter has applied to them in real life please enlighten me....