Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stretching pre or post workout?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So just found out I need to do some stretching to fix my posture and my rom when it comes of training.

Someone says to stretch before lifting to prepare the muscles right after a light warm-up, others suggest to stretch them after exercising cause they are warm and they dont have to work anymore.

Others say to stretch in different days cause post workout muscles are damaged and are fixing themselves and if you stretch them you make those damages even deeper.

What is your opinion?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Stretching weakens a muscle temporarily, so you don't want to stretch before any kind of performance like lifting.
2. Warming up a joint makes it mobile, while stretching makes it flexible. Mobility is your currently active rom within the passive rom of your flexibility.

So not only is stretching before performance only counter-productive, it also doesn't make sense to say "stretch after a light warm up before you work out". You may want your joints to be warmed up when you stretch (imagine stretching a frozen folding knife), but the warm up is the preparation for whatever you're gonna do, not the stretch. I also don't think there's a problem stretching on the same day as a workout and don't see where that idea would come from.