Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting over

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great day!! Got home from work and did a full workout! 110 squats, dips and leg raises. 100 push ups and 30 pull ups. I can feel the weakness in my back when I so the pull ups but my arm seems to work properly. guess I'll know tomorrow if I pushed too hard.

Used to be able to do 20 pull ups at a time. today I did 30 over 10 sets. One step at a time. gonna try to get back doing muscle-ups in 8 mos to a year.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate I can't believe those stats. At your age you're a beast. Top work. I'd better pull finger myself and start going harder.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate I can't believe those stats. At your age you're a beast. Top work. I'd better pull finger myself and start going harder.

@ubercat Thanks for the good words. It's funny, I was diagnosed with MS in 2003. They told me that I'd never be able to go hiking again. Yeah? Within 2 years I was walking 15 miles with 30lbs on my back. Last year, I was able to perform 2 muscle ups. Was doing 300 push ups every time I worked out. 60-90 pull ups. 150-300 squats. upside down pull ups, headbangers, back levers, etc. then I blew out my arm. HaHa! This level of intensity contributed to my surgeries. Fact, my doctor said to me, after I explained to him how I work out, "What the hell's the matter with you. You're 44. you have MS. What did you think was gonna happen? You're not 20." Maybe so. But I'm back at it.

Today
165 chair dips 1x20, 1x19, 1x18.....1x10
110 push ups 11x10
110 laying straight leg raises 1x15, 1x14, 1x13......1x10

Tuesday is for squats and pull ups, Thursday for handstands and bridges.

This workout is from Paul Wade's "Convict Conditioning" which I recommend. I know, body weight workout may not be for you. It works for me. It may not for others and that's fine. But I think the book is a good read irrespective of whether you do the exercises or not.

anyway, the point I want to make is that ANYTHING is possible and achievable with commitment and hard work There are no shortcuts, but it pays off. Look at me. I'm pushing 50, have MS, had my arm operated on 2x and I'm set to be back to where I was and better within 8 mos. If I can do it, ANYONE can! I have MS. I can't go hiking or do muscle ups? Really? NOONE tells me what I can't do.

Went shooting pictures today as well for the first time in months. Haven't looked them yet, but we'll see how they turned out. Hell, just the fact that I did it made me feel better.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Onward.....

Today:

165 squats - 1x20, 1x19........1x10
43 pull ups 10x4, 1x3

I find myself waking up with the thoughts of the things I have to look forward to, no matter how seemingly inconsequential.. Used to wake up and sigh "fvck, sh!t."

Been reading a lot of Raymond Carver. I find this guy inspiring. He was an alkie like me and quit just when he was at his lowest and found redemption.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today

Handstands, 3'45" 3x 1'15"

15 bridges 3x5

May not seem like a great workout, but I go easy with these moves. Still nursing my arm and I'm a pvssy on my lower back. Ha!

Put some pictures on my site today. Not great. Or rather, not as good as I once was, but the composition is okay, just need to get used to shutter and aperture again to get the effect I want. I generally use black and white with filters. I'm considering shooting pictures of local new events and e-mailing them to the editor of the local paper. Why not? Something I always wanted to do.

Was doing half muscle ups at the park with my son yesterday. He thinks I'm some crazy old man swinging on those bars. I'll get there