Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting over

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just to record a crawling away from a sh!tty situation I'm in. You can read the thread "Rebuilding Frame" in the Mature Man section I you're interested. I'd like to thank @Reykhel @ubercat @dustmuffin and the others who offered advice or read the thread.

Anyway, this is the beginning of crawling away. My main goal right now is to just be motivated. I'd like to get back to when I was doing muscle ups, clapping pushups, etc but one small step at a time for now.

Today I did 75 squats, 3x25 and 20 one-armed kneeling pushups 4x5. I have to do one arm because my right arm is in a cast. Anyway, this did give me a small bump in the way of motivation. I noticed the difference in my mood as I was working out. The only thing now is to keep at it. Step two is to continue and to wean myself off of the sh!tty food I've been eating. Thanks, guys

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Great stuff jj, good to see you moving your feet in the right direction......a little bit of exercise every day and build momentum, it will
have a snowball effect....

For the mental aspect: consider meditation. A simple 10 minutes each day. This video touches on what
some call "observing ego" (you watching you from the outside)

Alan Watts, there's nothing wrong with you (I think you should find that relevant considering what you were expressing about what you see about yourself)

If you can, for motivation or and positive thinking etc, listen to someone like Jim Rohn every morning before you start your day. Or by audiobook while your traveling to work....

Keep moving in the right direction

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On point straight away. Outstanding Soldier.

I would backup Reykhel. Bootstrapping is mainly a mental battle. Get those iTunes spinning on your walks.

Do you have a standing or desk job?

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
On point straight away. Outstanding Soldier.

I would backup Reykhel. Bootstrapping is mainly a mental battle. Get those iTunes spinning on your walks.

Do you have a standing or desk job?

I have a desk job. Been doing the same thing for 20 years and I really fvcking hate it. Sent out a resume for a better position today. Doing more or less the same thing but I try not to think about it. More money lessens the degree of hatred for the job. More money and more appreciation.

Didn't do much exercising today. My legs and back are sore from yesterday! Ha! But I did mange to do 20 lying leg raises. My mood is more or less the same. So goes it....

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep that's how it goes. So alternate. Do your walking and mental work on the days when the body is hurting. That with say a rest day every Sunday is a basic routine. Routine and habit beat will power every time

Think of it as degree in self-improvement. At the moment you ve got a major in working out and a minor in positive mental habits.

The outcome you re looking for is a long-term upwards trend. If every day you re doing the work in some way you ll make it.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gents!.....

Continuing on the crawl up and out.

Good news today. 75 squats and 20 one arm kneeling pushups today. Plus I ate more than I have in a month. 12oz salmon, 2cups brown rice and 3 tomatoes, sliced with vinegar and pepper. May not sound like much but I've been living on licorice. And I get the cast off my arm tomorrow. So I got that goin for me, which is nice Ha!

Cleaning my house tomorrow night. Attitude is still a 3 on a 1-10 scale. One day at a time. Shooting for a four by week end. 8 in a year. Other goals are to get out of debt in two years. Get my weight back up to 190 in 6 mos. I'm 170 now.

I' trying to do something positive each day, no matter how mundane. Like I said, tomorrow clean. Today it was cooking all that.

Onward

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating s good. Food is a pleasure you can enjoy anywhere with anyone.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great news! Finally got the cast off of my right arm! Hoorah! Still can't do any heavy lifting or working out with it but it still feel great to be rid of that. To celebrate I cleaned my house, did 45 lying leg raises, 3x15 and made 1lb of haddock, 2 cups brown rice and 2 tomatoes with vinegar and pepper. Oh, I also sent out two more resumes for a better job.

Felt great today. Definitely a 6 on the scale. Ha!

Have my son tomorrow so that'll be another great day.

Thanks for the suggestion to start the thread here. It's good being accountable to others.

I once heard something to the effect that no matter how low you feel, that god is not done with you. There's still more to do. I'm not a religious person but I do believe in god, or something, or the universe. We're here for no reason or any reason. It's up to us the meaning we ascribe to it. I quit drinking 11 years ago after a steady and continuous 15 years of drinking. At that time I felt like I was given a second chance at life. God or the universe or whatever had seen to it to save my life. To sink back into a depression or getting drunk or high is o give that gift right back. I don't believe any of us have the right to do that.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Was sick with bronchitis for a few days. Feeling a bit better. Had a huge pot of chicken soup today!! My son kept me busy all weekend. Started eating eggs again today. 4 eggs, 1 cup of oats and 1 banana for breakfast. Squats and push ups again today. Can't use my right arm for another month. I'm not going against dr's orders. Ignored him the last time and wound up having my elbow operated on 2x in 2 months. No thanks. One day at a time. Was on a 5 today on a 1-10 scale. Hoorah!! Been reading MAN'S SEARCH FOR MEANING as recommended by @Reykhel. Some interesting points. Thanks

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to realize that your happiness has to come from within not from outside validation and through others. You control your happiness, noone else does.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your traveling well. Plenty of good work going on. Glad you're getting into the mental side. What were the points you found were of interest?

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@marmel75 Yeah. I've been working on that mindset for the past few years. Attaining happiness from within. Some days are worse than others but every day is 100 x better than where I was five years ago. It's a mental conditioning of sorts and I find that i'm learning it myself as I teach my son. He'll complain that someone made him mad and I'll say to him "how can that fellow make you mad. Being mad is inside of you and only you can get in there." He's only six, but he kind of grasps it. I'm learning too. Like I said, I'm a million miles from where I was 5 or ten years ago. So, I look back at that and realize that things are okay, even though I may feel like sh!t. Fcvk everyone. I do what I want. My neighbors get this idea when I blow off fireworks on the weekends. Ha!

@ubercat. May sound like a SAP or AFC. Judge me if you will but I like the part where he says something to the effect of love being the highest goal that man can attain. I don't think this necessarily pertains to another person, although it may. It can also mean love of your work, your children, what have you. As far as I' concerned, I believe in finding a "connection" with another person, a woman. Seems like an impossibility these days, especially after swallowing the red pill. But is a goal to try, if it only lasts for an evening. I'm finding that the life-long thing is a big pile of bvllsh!t. A myth. Perhaps these ideals were more attainable when the book was written.

approached 2 women today and simply said hello. May not seem a big deal but it is to me. I'm a reclusive wreck. 110 lying leg raises. 1x15, 1x14, 1x13.......1x5. will do the same with squats and one arm push ups tomorrow. No, Thursday. Have my son tomorrow.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello is huge. You obviously had the moves so first step on the comeback trail.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gents, hell of a few days.

Wednesday I felt great! Don't know what it was but I felt 8 miles high. It must've been infectious because at work women were actually saying hello to me without any provocation. That never happens to me. Certainly threw me for a loop. But I went with it and tried to not think about it.

then Thursday I was lower than low. I felt horrible. I just couldn't wait for the day to end. I felt like easting a handful of pills and crawling into bed. But I didn't. And today came around just like always. I didn't feel good but I didn't feel bad. Normal? I don't know. But I did 110 squats and 55 one arm pushups. Not full. I can get about 1/2 way down with my left arm. Can't use my right. So, today was good. and that's good enough. Even caught a little buzz while working out. Anyone ever experience that? Ate a big pot of collard greens too. Yummmm

Filter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Highs and lows are normal for everyone.

I used to get high from training. Now I only get a high from directly competing. It's a good feeling. Keep up whatever you're doing... working out will definitely help to level out those highs and lows.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@jimjam getting around to talking about your earlier post. Thanks for sharing on the book it's great if we can all get smarter together. I may be an old fart but I'm still an optimist. I think if you screen had and find a girl who knows how to work with a man as a team love can still be found.

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@jimjam getting around to talking about your earlier post. Thanks for sharing on the book it's great if we can all get smarter together. I may be an old fart but I'm still an optimist. I think if you screen had and find a girl who knows how to work with a man as a team love can still be found.

I suppose you may be right. I'll tell you guys a story. I apologize if it's a bit long and if it even belongs under Health and Fitness. Perhaps one of mods will alert me to move it? I'm only replying here out of convenience and laziness? Anyway...

I have a six year old son who is the world to me. Fact, the breakup between myself and his mom is what ultimately led me to this site. I've read the bible 2x, read a lot of red pill info and internalized a lot of it. I still don't know what led to the break up but I've given up obsessing on it. I've moved on and I no longer harbor any ill will towards her. Whatever it is, is. She's my son's mom and we both get along as far as he's concerned, which is what's important and where it counts.

About 2 months ago she starts being nicer to me, for want of a better word. She invited myself and my son over to her sister-in-law's to go swimming. (She has primary custody but this was on my weekend to have him). While there, she tells me that our son is asking her why she married her current husband. She told him that if she didn't then he wouldn't have his baby brother. she says that my son says to her that you still had me even though you didn't marry daddy. Perhaps nothing but she is usually, not cold, but all business around me. Anyway, I didn't think too much of it at the time. Then about a week later she comes over to my house to pick up my son and she brings ice cream for all of us, which was totally uncharacteristic of her, but not unlike her when we were dating so long ago.

It wasn't too long after this that I received a call from her mother (I'm on good terms with her rents). She tells me that Petra is getting a divorce. She tells me on the qt as she wants to let Petra tell me herself. This has nothing to do with me and more to do with the fact that Petra's mom hates her husband. He's a real controlling bstrd and I never cared for him myself. But, that was her choice... she wound up telling me about a month ago.

Since then, I've been nice to her as well. she'll text me pics of our son doing various things and I'll text her back, sometimes making stupid jokes. Whatever. I don't know what's happening but I'll fool around. why not? But what really got me wondering was about 2 weeks ago. It was my weekend to have our son and in the morning one Saturday, we were driving to the store and my phone rings. It's her, which is not out of the ordinary for her to call and see how he's doing. On this particular day we were going to a local event that was advertised. My son tells her we're going and she asks him if he'd like her to go. So we meet her there. Okay. We weren't really palling around or anything but then she suggests that we all go to lunch. Okay, I say. she drives. It wasn't anything fancy, just a place where you place the order and they deliver it to the table. She's standing in line and I'm sitting at the table with my son. I catch her looking at me a few times. Of course, she could've been looking at our son but we did lock eyes. I offered to pay but she wouldn't accept it. Added to all of this, I'm cracking these really lame and stale jokes that she's laughing at. I'm thinking WTF.

Well, my son hurt his leg a week \ago or so and I text her the following day to find out how he's doing. She says he's whining and I text her back that he gets that from her. She texts me back saying I'm "hysterical" with a little smiley face :)

Then this Friday I'm still trying to figure out. I was bored at work so I figure I'll fvck with her. I text her:

Me: Are you taking me to lunch again tomorrow?
Her: sure!
He;r: Wait, what?
Me: I'm planning my day.
Her: This is Petra
Me: Oh. Well, okay. I'll go anyway
Her: Am I missing something? Besides my sanity?
Me: Nothing new there. first you say one thing, then another. ???
Her: Do we have plans to go to lunch?
Me: No, but I'll go anyway since you're so interested.
Her: Thanks for making me laugh

then she invites me to an event that involves my son/s little league team. I tell her I'll meet them at the place and she tells me to wear my baseball uniform. It's a joke, she knows I don't have one. On Saturday I meet them and she say to me "why didn't you wear your uniform?" I didn't say anything. I was kind of shocked that she'd even think to bring it up. But my son goes "What?" And she says that "I told your dad to wear his uniform. He doesn't listen." I look at her and say "You can reprimand me later."

Now------am I playing with fire, making too much of this. Truth be told, I feel like heading out to the local strip club, getting blasted and have those ladies rub all over me just so I can forget all about this. My fault, I know and only a fool trips over what's behind him. But this all goes back to victor Frankl and aspiring to a higher ideal. I'm either fooling myself or gambling it all on nothing. I really have no idea.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to be the Grinch here. My optimism doesn't apply to reheated relationships. Since she pulled the pin for unknown reasons are you ever going to feel secure with her.

I'd also suggest that you focus on building yourself up and dealing with your current issues. And then progress to some casual dating if you feel like it. Messing around with your ex is going to be a minefield of feelings which could derail all the hard work and progress you've begun to make. Nothing wrong with being friends with her as long as you can keep it platonic.

Frankly I'd see the massage parlour as the lesser of two evils compared to getting it wet with your ex-wife.

This is two significant to be buried in a health and fitness post.

I strongly suggest you post back in the mature man section under its own thread and get wide-ranging advice from guys who have been through this all before

jimjam

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@ubercat I moved the bit about my son's mom over to Mature Man.

Yesterday was a step forward. I was able to do pushups with both arms, dips too. but I still can't do any pull ups or chin ups. The tension on my elbow joint is tremendous with these pull moves. Push is okay but pull-----no good. I should probably just stick to squats and leg raises.

Made a promise to myself to begin photographing again. I was making a good portfolio but I lost sight of it. Also began studying Russian. I've been studying off and on over the last ten years or so. hopefully soon I'll be able to hold a conversation.

Eating well and trying to stay positive. I find myself waking up with the thought ---- "what can I do today. How can I make it better." cutie t work staring at me. I said "Hi" but I'm afraid to sh!t where I eat!

This is what I take pictures of----old buildings before they tear them down

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The photos are great some local historian will love you. Also it's a very chick friendly hobby as chicks love photos and it gives you an excuse to go to beautiful places. So there's one of your criteria promote up the order girls who like the outdoors once you're back in the saddle.

For a rehab exercise if you're not doing it already I'd suggest swimming. If that's not available in your area go to your local physiotherapist or sport store if they have them and just buy some resistance bands - loop around a deck or a fence post and build up your pulling movements from there.

And a couple of guys who are savvy on weight training have suggested that inverted rowing is a lot easier on connective tissue then pull ups. Easy to YouTube. you do need a bar to hang off but that's something that would be pretty easy to fake up in the backyard or if you lucky you might find an old pipe style fence on your morning walk Circuit that would do the job