Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starting chantix

phillies

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of smoking. I'm tired of feeling I need it. I've known people who've used it and it worked for them.

I can't wait for the day it becomes normal for me not to smoke. I bet I'll feel a lot better, I'll have more energy.

It's crazy because I'll go through a period of time where I'll start running again and it's usually always three miles regardless of how long it takes me. But I'll still smoke. Some times, one day a week, I'd run 3 miles in the morning and three in the evening.

One of the stupidest decisions I've ever made in my life is to start smoking. It's crazy that I'm only 27 and I've been smoking ten years. At first it wasn't much and I've had periods of time I couldn't, but not by choice.

I can say for a good solid 6 years I've been smoking any where from a pack to a pack and a half.

Any one here quit before? How much better did you feel? How to you cope weeks or months after you quit but had a lot of stress.

I can't wait to be done with smoking.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any one here quit before? How much better did you feel? How to you cope weeks or months after you quit but had a lot of stress.
I quit smoking 10 years ago. The first day was the worst but it got better as the day went on. I ended up eating a ton of breathmints the first few weeks after I quit. Someone put it this way, "If you replace smoking with the habit of eating candy, don't worry about that. It's easier to break the habit of eating candy." I eventually broke my breathmint habit.

I quit smoking by reading Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. Everybody who knows me is surprised it worked:

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-E...eywords=allen+carr's+easy+way+to+stop+smoking

It works on building your confidence in yourself to quit instead of the usual scare tactics everyone else uses. When the book told me to have my last cigarette, I hated every minute of it and swore I would never smoke again.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People still smoke why? Go to a vape shop buy a vaporizer and your fav flavor of nicotine juice. Its freaking delicious and harmless to lungs.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I've never smoked but what I have to say may be similar. I was addicted to Mountain Dew at one time so bad that, at my worst, I bet I chugged 18 a day. Gradually I realized that I wasn't so much addicted to the substance, but I was addicted to the act. In other words I was addicted to having the can in my hand all day. I realize that when I didn't have a can my hand I felt something was missing. So I gradually wormed my way off of it by keeping the can in my hand but not always having Mountain Dew in it. Today I drink about three diet Mountain Dew's per day, no more regular. Otherwise I drink water, ice tea, V8, and sometimes another diet soda with much less or no caffiene. My point regarding smoking is maybe the action of having a cig in your mouth is more of an addiction then the substance?

phillies

Banned
Reaction score
I've never smoked but what I have to say may be similar. I was addicted to Mountain Dew at one time so bad that, at my worst, I bet I chugged 18 a day. Gradually I realized that I wasn't so much addicted to the substance, but I was addicted to the act. In other words I was addicted to having the can in my hand all day. I realize that when I didn't have a can my hand I felt something was missing. So I gradually wormed my way off of it by keeping the can in my hand but not always having Mountain Dew in it. Today I drink about three diet Mountain Dew's per day, no more regular. Otherwise I drink water, ice tea, V8, and sometimes another diet soda with much less or no caffiene. My point regarding smoking is maybe the action of having a cig in your mouth is more of an addiction then the substance?
cigarettes are one of the hardest addictions to quit, even compared to Crack and heroin.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can do it man. I don't smoke, but I had been drinking since the age of 15. I quit cold turkey 2 years ago as part of a New Year's Resolution and haven't had a drink since.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Watch your moods as the Chantix takes hold (it titrates up into your blood and then brain chemistry over a number of days).

A friend of mine tried it and has some very uncharacteristic anger bouts when he tried it. He discontinued the Chantix and ended up quitting smoking anyway.

Now to find a way to get me over my addiction to Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivos!

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My physiology professor said it took her about a year to feel like normal and get rid of the brain fogginess she had when she was trying to quit smoking.

phillies

Banned
Reaction score
My physiology professor said it took her about a year to feel like normal and get rid of the brain fogginess she had when she was trying to quit smoking.
What was her age? How long did she smoke? How much did she smoke?