Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Started to date a Colombian girl

senormonsieur

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first thread, so be gentle. I'm a 25 yrs old guy, with little experience with cultural differences in dating. I'm starting to date a 23 yr old Columbian girl who moved to my country 3 months ago. She lived with her parents all her life and what I heard from friends is that things are quite different there. No real dating scene, etc. Don't know if that is true?

Yesterday we had a "second" date (first official). The first time I invited her and her friends to a party where we danced. We didn't kiss, but we had a good time. So yesterday we had our second date together. We cooked (don't worry, I didn't cook for her, we cooked together). Then some dancing at home and then we went to a bar. It snowed very hard, so I challenged her to a duel (with snowballs). I won.

I later kissed her to which she replied "hihi, too soon". But she kissed back, so no problem there. When she got on the metro, she also kissed me. So there was never a bad vibe.

Anyway, I told her I would give her a call the next day (I don't know why, I was probably drunk?). Anyway, I called her, but she didn't pick up the phone. I might have made a mistake by not answering her voicemail and hence putting the ball in her court.

She later texted me:

"Hi,sorry but I missed you call :-( How are you doing ? I hope you are doing well :)"

I am now sure how to interpret this text.. The text is kinda lame :) I don't think she is lying because she truly doesn't use her phone much. But why didn't she call me back? Anyway, I'll probably try calling her again tomorrow or shouldn't I?

Also, any tips on how to deal with cultural differences with a Colombian girl? Should I take it slower than usual? Should I be wary of anything? I´m not looking for a quick lay, I´m looking for a romantic lay :p (ok sorry for that one)

Thanks!

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when a girl misses your call and she returns a text ....basically means her interest is low. if i were you i would put her on ICE for at least 4-5 days. THEN GIVE HER ANOTHER CALL FOR A THIRD DATE.

did you replied to that text? if you havent then dont. colombian women are very sexual . they rate high like the brazilians.

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop looking for something to go wrong. She has already gone on two dates with you and kissed you, sounds to me that she just missed your call and texted you back....(it happens). Just reply back to her call her again sometime set up another date with her. However maybe not call the next day, don't start chasing her, just keep your kool. Once you start to lose your kool because your looking for something to go wrong, you start calling too much, texting too much and it comes off a bit needy.

So dude just relax. To answer your other questions.

I have dated quite a few colombians my last ex was colombian as well, whilst dating them i found them quite friendly, sexual, touchy and sometimes they can get a bit of a big head as much as there big butts as well lol (So please don't go crazy with compliments, mess around with them a bit as well). No need to take it slower just progress naturally, i noticed it might just be me, but they all put a bit of resistance like the kiss thing that happened to you. If you get resistance just try again and try new things as well and u will work ur way there. Taking it slow can be very boring for girls...so don't call fall into that trap.

On a seperate note you sound like a good guy, i like your idea for the dates (colombian girls LOVE DANCING) and the snowball fighting, i am sure she isn't planning on flaking with you so don't worry about the text. Just relax and this may seem a bit of odd advice to you, but i don't know why (romantic lay? lol) but i actually think you are falling for this girl quite hard and it may be clouding your perception a bit. So yeah maybe spin more plates (wow i hate to say that...seems like the answer to everything), if not get some new hobbies.

senormonsieur

Reaction score
I didn't reply to her text ofcourse :)

Rushing dude 123 I agree with you, thanks for your reply. So far nothing really went wrong, no awkward moments and we had a great time. And yes, I am falling for this girl quite a lot :) Rushing dude 123 would you say Colombian girls are less assertive than the average western girl? I got the impression that she was very happy to follow my lead, more so than past girls I've dated. Mind u she has lived in Colombia for all of her live and just came here a few months ago.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
senormonsieur said:
would you say Colombian girls are less assertive than the average western girl? I got the impression that she was very happy to follow my lead, more so than past girls I've dated. Mind u she has lived in Colombia for all of her live and just came here a few months ago.
Latin women are more feminine than your average american woman that's for sure.

But this doesn't give you the right to let your inner nice guy out with them and scare them away. You have to keep your game tight always.

What you have to understand is that Latin women are used to more masculine men than what you find where you are. You have to take into consideration that Latin America doesn't have the huge AFC/nice guy problem we have here. They aren't being brainwashed with feminism on a daily basis. Men over there are still very much old school.

Another thing you have to consider is that Latin women are more old fashioned and like their men to lead. This is because in Latin America women don't have the same opportunities they have here, so most women still look for a man to lead/take care of them and have a family with them.

Keep doing what you're doing but never show fear. Latin women don't like sissies they don't like men that show fear. They like masculinity and a sense of being protected even more so than other women. Keep showing her a good time and also show her you're a strong, confident masculine male and you'll keep her for a good time.

senormonsieur

Reaction score
Thank you f283000 for reminding me about that!! I guess I sort of knew that, but you explained it very well. Next date I will keep it in mind.

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i think F283000 answered your question, but yeah i find they usually like it when you take the lead as does most girls. However I also think they are quite strong willed, you would have to be from colombia it can be quite tough in some aspects for a woman. So i think the whole macho act only goes so far because they have seen it all, so they would appreciate a gentleman, but he has to have quite a dominant presence still.

Well anyway bro i think thats all the info you are going to need, so just keep her off your mind a bit and do some other things. This is a bit too much info you asked for after a second date with the girl. Just carry on normal and i am sure you will find out all your answers from her and if not its kool there is a billion other HAWT chicks in the world.

firstworldview101

Reaction score
Netflix true crime series Narcos spurs huge demand for Colombian women.

Produced by Netflix, the show "Narcos" takes on the infamous Medellin drug cartel

which follows the rise and fall of Colombian kingpin Pablo Escobar and the Drug

Enforcement Agency agents hunting him. The story is told largely from the points of

view of Escobar (Brazilian actor Wagner Moura) and U.S. DEA Agent Steve Murphy

(Boyd Holbrook), on opposite sides of what would become an all-out war.

Many critics of true crime dramas have always complained they are promoting crime

and violence by glorification, an unintended consequence of American entertainment

industries. These shows can have other interesting consequences. The Foreign

Bride industry has seen a huge spike in demand for Colombian women. This can be

viewed as positive or negative, depending on social perspective.

Foreign Brides, sometimes referred to as "mail order brides", a term the industry

completely rejects, have become a billion dollar a year business. According to

industry leaders, Colombia represented only about 3% of the market three years ago.

Since the popularity of Narcos, many companies have seen near tenfold increases in

men seeking Colombian wives.

A Foreign Affair (AFA), a company that helps men find women through international

tours, says tours to Colombia are now selling out. AFA arranges group tours where 10

to 20 men travel together to Medellin, Cartagena or Barranquilla. During the tour, they

attend arranged Social events where the men meet hundreds of beautiful Colombian

women looking for marriage. Women can also place their profiles on the AFA web

site, in the hopes of finding a husband.

Kenneth Agee, the marketing director for AFA says, "Because of the show we are

doubling our tours to Medellin for next year. Narcos has brought a lot of attention to

the intense beauty of Colombian women. Although the show is often very violent, the

women of Colombia come across as very family oriented and loyal. These values

seem harder and harder to find in this world. I would have to agree, because of the

interest in Narcos, we even added an excursion to where Pablo's self-built prison was

located, in the hills overlooking Medellin.

The crowning of 2015 Miss Universe Paulina Vega put Barranquilla, Colombia on the

map. Barranquilla now has recognition for being home to some of the most beautiful

and talented women in the world. Not only is Miss Universe from here, Grammy

Award winning pop singer Shakira, and actress Sofia Vergara also call Barranquilla

home. Vergara stars on the ABC series Modern Family as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett.

She's been nominated for 4 Golden Globe Awards, 4 Prime time Emmy Awards, and

7 Screen Actors Guild Awards, all stemming from this role. In 2014, she was ranked

as the 32nd Most Powerful Woman in the world by Forbes.

David from Mesa AZ says he met more qualified women in one week than he has

during the last 10 years. In 2010, Lisa Ling and the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)

filmed a one hour show on the AFA tour called "Online Brides - Our America with Lisa

Ling." Even Lisa Ling was surprised by the beauty and sincerity of the women from

Barranquilla.

Janet Davis, head of a women's rights group says "AFA is just taking advantage of

women from these third world countries. This is no different than Pablo trafficking in

narcotics, but these companies traffic women." Proponents refer to a Report

(INTERNATIONAL MATCHMAKING ORGANIZATIONS: A REPORT TO CONGRESS)

that these marriages have much lower divorce rates and abuse rates compared to

traditional domestic marriages. This data makes international dating similar to a

woman in the US joining eHarmony to look for a husband.

23-year-old Viviana, from Cartagena, says "I come to these events because I know

the men attending are serious about marriage, they are faithful and are good to family.

For Colombian women, it is the most important thing, good husband and good family.

Kenneth says, "It has not been all rosy. Narcos has brought us some problems. In

Cartagena, we have several Penthouses we rent out. One was originally owned by

"Don Diego" head of the Norte Del Velle Drug Cartel, the other by Pablo's people.

Over the past year, the properties have been tracked down by individuals thinking

they will find large qualities of cash hidden, thus we sometimes find holes all over the

walls after a tenant leaves.

For Narcos fans, those who love the gangster genre, or just those who just like

seeing beautiful Latin women, there's good news; Netflix's has confirmed Season 3 and 4.