Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She asked if I'm free but then didn't respond? WTF?

Fugitive

Don Juan
Reaction score
A chick that I have a first date set up with this weekend messages me to ask "Are you free?". I respond 10 minutes later and say "Yes what's up?".

She hasn't responded to that. WTF?

Can anyone make sense of this?

What should my reaction be?

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you care?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Is this the only girl who ever initiated?

She probably texted that same message to 3 guys and one she liked better responded before you.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe wanted to see how available you were to her

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know a girl who complains i don't talk to her enough but ignores most of my texts if i ever do text her first.

bitches be crazy, that's all there is to it.

Vivacity

Don Juan
Reaction score
Once, I have had a girl (who had a high interest in me) contact me by herself to schedule a meet up for one evening and cancel it on the morning of the day we were supposed to meet telling me that she had to attend a family wedding. My reply was "No problem. I hope you have fun there."

By doing so (i.e. scheduling and canceling), basically, she wanted me to get back to her after a few days to reschedule the meet up with her again. Being a man, you are the pursuer. That was the expectation she set. I had dated this particular girl later, but it did not work.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
A chick that I have a first date set up with this weekend messages me to ask "Are you free?". I respond 10 minutes later and say "Yes what's up?".

She hasn't responded to that. WTF?

Can anyone make sense of this?

What should my reaction be?
A girl you haven't had sex with, kissed, have not had a first date with and have no emotional or physical connection to, messages you if you are available, and in less than 15 minutes you reply 'absolutely, what do you need?'

Come on bro, she shows your text to her bf to increase her value with him and tells him: 'See, this guy is available at anytime for me and I haven't done ANYTHING with him. Look how valuable I am. You owe me a car'

Play the game, don't be played.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your #1 problem is you care too much about this... she didn't respond, oh well. Focus your attention elsewhere.

But for the sake of entertainment let's speculate.

She probably wasn't sure about you to begin with and your response turned her off. Why? Because it was weak. You didn't take charge like a man. Your response was, "Yes what's up?" You're supposed to pursue her and schedule dates, not the other way around. Based on your lack of initiative she's probably wondering if you can satisfy her and if she's wasting her time.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So a girl asks op if he is free, he answers and now its his fault? rly?

Honestly I believe the only wrong thing is the hamster in charge of her brain, wheter she wrote fishing for attention, to boost her ego or whatever there was nothing Op could have done any different unless he wants to go back to high school and play games.

Lets say a man goes inside a restaurant, he asks for a steak and before its ready he stands up and leave, would it be the owner mistake to cook him a steak? :eek:

spikeanut

Don Juan
Reaction score
^, your analogy isn't fully accurate. The response is the issue. OP, you are a man of high value; you are always wanted; you are always busy. That needs to be your frame at all times. A more simplistic response should have been "what's up". But in the end, women are women. No point in trying to figure out this one time occurrence. Brush it off, don't over analyze it, and just make note of it. If it happens again, then you know this chick views her value as being above yours; that is when you can cleanly terminate and move on to the next one.

Roni_88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Next.. nothing wrong with your answer,, a million things could have happened to her.. a million more things should be more important to you.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next.. nothing wrong with your answer,, a million things could have happened to her.. a million more things should be more important to you.
I disagree. If someone texts you "are you free?" it is basically saying "are you sitting by your phone with nothing to do because my other options bailed on me."

The proper response is always to decline. A DJ is never at anyone's beck and call.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"are you free?"
"this is america, we're all free"

"are you free?"
"no, i'm actually quite expensive"

Roni_88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree. If someone texts you "are you free?" it is basically saying "are you sitting by your phone with nothing to do because my other options bailed on me."

The proper response is always to decline. A DJ is never at anyone's beck and call.
What I meant was that there is no reason to overthink this.