Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Selling an inherited shared house

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the house where me and my brother, sister and my mother live together. It is inherited from my father. 35% of the whole house belongs to me. Other than this property I don't have a single penny.

My family can pay my share as they have a few thousands bucks in their bank account. But they are refusing to do so as they claim "If you want money then we should sell the house". That is rather idiotic and not in their interest since they have to sell it for a downgrade and move to a shltty smaller flat.

How do I assert my right without being selfish?

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your right to what?

If you're trying to cash up from your share, I guess they have the option to buy out your share and have you pay rent to continue living there, or sell the house if every share holder agrees, but one can't really decide what the others do.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should just buy them out so you have an asset

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thatfeel said:
You should just buy them out so you have an asset
Agreed. Either buy them out, or agree to sell so you can get your 35%. Squabbling with them is only going to mess up your relationships with your family.

Moved to Anything Else...

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suspens said:
This is the house where me and my brother, sister and my mother live together. It is inherited from my father. 35% of the whole house belongs to me. Other than this property I don't have a single penny.

My family can pay my share as they have a few thousands bucks in their bank account. But they are refusing to do so as they claim "If you want money then we should sell the house". That is rather idiotic and not in their interest since they have to sell it for a downgrade and move to a shltty smaller flat.

How do I assert my right without being selfish?
You really can't do anything right now. To me, either you all decide to sell it, or you stay.

Stick by your family you selfish mother f*cker. Unless they are a bunch of crystal meth addicts, do right by them.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Stick by your family you selfish mother f*cker. Unless they are a bunch of crystal meth addicts, do right by them.
Does anyone else agree with this? I've talked about moving out and everytime i decide to go ahead and take action she starts crying. "you father is dead and isn't around us anymore, you too want to leave us alone"

Typical guilt tripping or valid points? Would moving out and living independently make me an asshoIe?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
You moving out is fine. You should have been gone already. There is some guilt tripping going on with your mom. Not the first time that's happened in the world.

You having nothing else but the equity your father left in the house is on you.

This - "My family can pay my share as they have a few thousands bucks in their bank account" is bullsh*t.

You want to walk, walk. Take your share when the rest of them want to sell. Forcing the rest of your family to reduce their circumstances because you say they have some cash is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

You don't get to make that call.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Otherwise I can't. That asset is all I (could demand and) have.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are your rights: You have part of a shared asset. You have the right to offer your part for sale.

Here are there rights: They can turn down your offer.

What you could do is find somebody who knows about this sort of thing (not online, somebody in person) who'll draw up some kind of contract that you can sell your part to. Then show this to your family. Then say if they don't buy, you'll sell to somebody else.

That might convince them. But then they might hate you for it.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Here are your rights: You have part of a shared asset. You have the right to offer your part for sale.

Here are there rights: They can turn down your offer.

What you could do is find somebody who knows about this sort of thing (not online, somebody in person) who'll draw up some kind of contract that you can sell your part to. Then show this to your family. Then say if they don't buy, you'll sell to somebody else.

That might convince them. But then they might hate you for it.
Who else is going to buy 30 percent of a house?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suspens said:
So it's immoral in the end. I'm confused.
yes, you are confused. You've asked, and they've said no. What else do you want?

It would only be immoral if you killed them, hid the bodies, and then took all the loot.

or maybe rented your share out to a bunch of homeless guys that would crap all over the place...

or maybe get a parrot that squawked all goddamn day long...

plenty of ways to force somebody to buy you out. Not necessarily immoral, but pretty underhanded, and not so good for family relationships. They probably wouldn't come to your funeral if you pulled something like that...

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
Moral or immoral? Who cares?

You are living on the patrimony of your dead father. Patrimony has an end date.

Then what?
So should I stay living with them or take my money and GTFO even though it would be hard on them?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Suspens said:
So should I stay living with them or take my money and GTFO even though it would be hard on them?
_____

Either way, what are you going to do when daddy's money runs out?

You don't work, have no obvious marketable skills, can't take care of yourself.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can cook etc, I also got my driving license so one less BS to worry about, now I can go around and find a job even if it's a cleaning services. But even the best paying ones are not enough for moving out.

So while a cheap and low move, I can sell my share and leave.