Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Self-Improvement Thread - Changing My Life!

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We all have ups and downs.

Break the cycle. Do everything differently. For a day, for three; change your habits. Drop the computer and take up time outside. Shave your head, whatever. Take up meditation and when you're tired with it for the day, break into a workout, eat, and have a cold shower. Pour yourself into studies. Feel accomplished and be passionate. It starts now.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
We all have ups and downs.

Break the cycle. Do everything differently. For a day, for three; change your habits. Drop the computer and take up time outside. Shave your head, whatever. Take up meditation and when you're tired with it for the day, break into a workout, eat, and have a cold shower. Pour yourself into studies. Feel accomplished and be passionate. It starts now.
Thanks man! Really thanks a lot! I am glad people are there to help me and advise me. I did meditation yesterday but couldn't concentrate much, I guess I'll have to make it a habit as well to get good results from meditation. About shaving head, our Hindu culture doesn't allow it... my mother is strongly against it and that's why I am thinking to either live with these hairs or get a buzz cut.

About changing routine, I guess I really will use computer only to update the Journal and I am going to follow Don Juan Boot Camp by Master of Universe. Let's see how it goes! In week one I have to establish eye contact and say Hi to strangers. I don't know where I'll find good looking girls, but hey it's a challenge and I need to stop being lazy! Let's do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukv9Q1eR2g&list=PL0BCCEDAB49BF255C

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sad news... while weight lifting today I got a neck sprain. My whole day was wasted and I couldnt study either. My close friend is moving to a new house and he invited all of the friends in our circle. All of us gathered at his house and everyone found my condition funny as I was looking bald and my head was tilted to one side. However me and my friends went to a person who cured sprains through massage. I was really astonished that my friend spent so much time helping and trying to find the person. Its weird that even in small things you can come to know who are real friends and who are fake ones. Anyways I was really happy to meet all of my friends again. Our circle was once again complete in nearly a month. We chilled and ate at friend's home and I came home. Also I think I know reason of my frustration and all which I am not sure if I should say or not. My parnents have been fighting these days and my mother has developed a negative and despressing attitude. She feels no one loves her.... I am sad to inform that I see lots of traits that Sosuave tells about women, in her. Maybe I have developed a bad attitude against her due to that and maybe due to that I respect her lesser than before?

Also if my neck gets alright tomorrow I will approach.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn feeling too depressed, sad, lonely these days. I am not sure what the problems are but few I think are: Fact that all my friends are soon going to be away from me, I have nowhere to go atm, I might be too afraid to make new friends, money problems, Girl problems... I was wandering alone in the evening when I thought that the time has come when I have to make my moves or I'll keep deteriorating like this and might end up depressed and insane.

18th Feb: When the first day of bootcamp started and I looked I made eye contact with lots of people and sometimes I just couldn't smile however I was happy because I was accomplishing goals and figuring out that there was no genuine reason for me to be unhappy; I instantly became happier, more confident and charming. I visited a temple and there one hottie entered as well, with her mother and she kept staring at me. I guess people can feel what you feel.

19th February: Farewell party. It was so boring and all of it was show off. However I learned and realized that whole of my school life and I never made myself stand out because I was too afraid and was AFC. Anyways, I noticed one girl in Indian traditional dress; she's a junior but man she looks too awesome. I tried to make eye contact with her but failed many times but then finally when every one was taking pictures I looked at her and kept looking at her and damn I forgot to smile. Then we left school and went for another party that one of my friends had organized.

The pub was cold, no one except us even though it's very popular in our city; maybe it was because of odd day. No girls in party although my friend had invited some. So me and my friends who went to party in the Tuxedos left soon and we saw some good looking chicks. We decided that we would talk anyhow that day but couldn't even establish eye contact. I was afraid to approach as they were 4 and we were 3; I always get afraid of approaching girls who are larger in number because I don't know what will I say in a group.. So we don't approach but decide that we go to other mall(which is even more popular) and approach at least 1 person there! We literally walk on road in Tuxedos, I really found it funny as we looked really rich and classy but we had not a single penny to spend except for Taxi back home. We get into the mall and we search the mall but unexpectedly there were not many single girls. So we just play video games there, and I make eye contacts with girls who had came with their boyfriends. We come home, however me and my friends decide to spend few weeks getting better at approaching girls, after exams.

20th Feb: Nothing special. I send message to the hot girl whom I saw at Farewell Party. The message I sent was something like this:

"Hey there,

Sorry if this came as astonishing but I had to say this..You look undeniably attractive!

There, said it!

Good day!"

I had sent her friend request too over FB. I thought that even if she didn't like it or didn't accept my request I'll still won't be bothered because my school life is already over and I dont care what she'll tell her mates. Apparently she accepted my friend request and I got very excited, because man she is damn too attractive(not hot but incredibly attractive). And to initiate a convo I sent: You are one weird girl o.o. But she didn't reply. I kept waiting for a reply but she didn't and when I saw her wall, I came to know that she unfriend me. Oh well... It has hurt my ego(?) and I have to surround myself with lots of girls.

I am sure this pain or whatever I am going through will make me better and stronger.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's time to update my Journal.. as I few important things to say:

1st: I have asked my Ex for a Date because I want to date every type of girl and she in my opinion is a bad girl. I asked her on FB and here are how the chats went:

Me: Hey. I made few goals today and I have decided to fit you in as well. Date you.
Her: What ? I didn't understand.
Her: And if you trying to fit me in anywhere. Don't even try. Grown too fat for someone to fit me in somewhere. Lol. :'D
Her: Kidding. Tell me ? I actually didn't understand.
Her: Seen my message and didn't reply ? That's weird.
Me: I just logged in. Haha, it's kinda weird to see that you've been waiting for a reply.
Anyways, my goal is to actually date a 'bad girl'.
Her: I am not bad girl. And I was waiting because I was curious to know where you wanted to fit a fat girl like me !
Me: Oh you are not a bad girl? Damn, the plan fails then.
Her:You think I am a bad girl ? Lol.
Her: Well maybe. Past says.
Me: Well, I do.
Me: Anyways, if you wanna go, message me
Her: Haha. Why do you think I am a bad girl ?
Me: Don't kill the fun. Keep it for future.
Her: Oh. Well. To be very honest, I don't know why do you wanna date me now ? I mean, I have changed a lot since we last met. I have grown bigger too.
Me: I have to agree on that haha. You had great body before.
Me: Anyways, I gotta go.
Her:Yeah okay. We will talk tomorrow about it. Lol.
Her:Btw, I still sleep late. :b

Sunday 00:11

Her: Why are you so shy types ?
Me: Am I?
Her :Yep.
Her :You are.
Her: You don't talk and stuff.
Me: And what makes you say that?
Her: You never talk.
Her: That's why maybe.
Me: Why are you raging? lol.
Me:The thing is, you don't know me well.(at this point I wanted to say that I am not my old self, I have changed)
Why would I rag ?
Her:I do know you.
Me:Maybe.
Her: I hardly see you talking to girls.
Me: And you judge me by that, nice lol.
Her: For example take the moment. You ain't even talking to me.
Her: You are shy.
Her: I am not judging you.
Her: I was just saying that it maybe asking that are you shy types ? Because boys do feel shy when they talk to girls.
Her: So. No offence. Don't take me wrong.
Me: I might be, so what? When I have to make a move, I will. Why would have I asked for a date then?
Her: True that. You are smart enough. But still, sometimes behinds work you can talk randomly ?
Her:*beside
Her: *besides
Me: Sure, madam. As you wish :p
Her: Random much?
Her: Making fun of me?
Me: Of course not.

She has a boyfriend too and she keeps saying to everyone that she loves him too much. I think she is into me; am I too sexy now or she isn't getting attention from others. Anyways, I don't know if I am making the right move and should date her or not. If I do end up dating her, I definitely will have to spin many more plates to overcome oneitis. Also at one point I felt like she was indirectly calling me 'gay'.. one other girl said something similar on WhatsApp... Girls are attention seekers, lol.

Also, Richa has added me on Facebook and she initiates the conversation. I am happy that I have maintained my Facebook very nicely...

I was reading my Thread from the beginning and I realised I am not really improving as much I expect to. Just waiting for my final examinations to end(my school life will be over after that) and after that, I am going to become ****ing awesome! I will have to plan about college and money everything.. Btw, I am not at all afraid of exams.. and this might ruin my performance.. I need to be afraid or at least think that I am going to give my best!

I stay at home nowadays and thus get turned off.. and once I go out I feel better. Being social is very important and there will be a need to join lots of classes to improve my social life and be more happy in general.

I have to overcome my shy-ness if it exists in me.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright so day before yesterday I got bored of studying for exams so I just went out. For the sake of change I chose different path this time for walking and I decide to follow some of the tips of bootcamp. I tried to say hi to many people but I couldn't.. I was having resistance from something in me.. But then I decided 'No, I have to do it! I'll become better! Let's do this!' I said Hi to few people whom I saw on road, however all people to whom could manage to wish were elders. I said 'Hi' to 5-6 people. I felt better every-time I said Hi.

I practiced some gestures, however I suck at it and a person said he is surprised to see how well I do Pixel Art in comparision to drawing. Lol, well I will get better!

Other than that I decide that I have to improve myself Physically, Socially, Mentally, Emotionally and Financially. I definitely have to! Also before going to sleep I have to ask myself 'How have I improved today?'

Yesterday when me and my friend got bored of studying we all went to a park nearby. We kept doing random childish acts. After some time three girls appear and from a distance they looked great. Me and my friends kept wondering how to approach and stuff lol. I for once kept making excuses that they are three and thats why I am afraid to approach.. Dayum it's always like this! However when the girls separated and went to a group of two, while walking I kept staring at them and they did too! Haha, I liked that. Me and my friends stopped and I decide that I should approach. I ask my friend for his phone to take numbers and I walk towards them but come to know that they were walking in a direction from where two boys were coming... I give up. I loved the adrenaline rush though! My friend says that we keep making excuses all the time and it's going to be like this until we overcome these excuses.

Today I had exam and I am feeling like an AFC atm and desperate for a girl...Dunno what to do.

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just keep doing the bootcamp, dont give up on it and youl be aproaching in no time

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today I felt like **** and too negative. The whole family of mine is developing negative aura due to money problems in the family. The business has been sinking and sinking since past few months and it's getting hard for us now. For the same reason and that I got frustrated of lack of money to spend I didn't go out and was feeling bad. I somehow managed to read 1 out of 24 chapters for examination...

Also me and my dad pondered over the situation and I said mourning over it won't do anything and we need to take action. I got on PC and asked my client to give more work and I worked one hour today and earned $10. I also talked to very famous freelance pixel artist, how many hours he works in a day and so on. He didn't disclose much info but from whatever he said one thing is clear. If I work 8 hours a day, I can earn huge amount of money from Pixel Art, at least good amount in India! Today my client posted a great review of me and it seems like all the clients remain happy with me. I shall always try to satisfy them.

FedEx sent an email to me regarding my Ringling Application. I am so excited that I am going to receive my result, finally! However I am expecting a 'Rejection' letter because my art is really bad at the moment. Anyways, let's see.

I worked on my Drawing Skills today and made about 20 gestures today. I already see an improvement at my Day 3; 3 months and I am going to be awesome. However I am still confused what gestures are supposed to improve.. flow of my lines or my study of human body. I have posted my gestures on various websites to get critiques and help.

About girls.. I talked to Richa on facebook and said that we should meet. We chatted over facebook for a while and then I said that if I am free tomorrow we should meet. She replied 'Nah, if I am free we will meet!'. A lot of chatting has been going between me and my ex. However it's normal and I told her that we should meet soon. She agreed. She seems frustrated(maybe) as I reply to her either late or don't reply at all. I find it good move. She asked me to Download Snapchat but I disagreed and asked to add me on Skype. She refused at first but then added later on and asked 'Why it has to be your way always?'. I wondered what to say and questioned myself, why it has to be my way? Then I said, because I am the king of my world and if she has to enter it she has to follow my rules but then I remembered it's me who is asking her out. Anyways, it has to be my way because I am the man! She chats on Skype and after some time we exchange numbers and she asks me to text her as she is going to a Reception Party(marriage related). I think that she would get bored there thats why she was asking me to text her and so I don't text her at all. I have also clarified that I don't like to chat virtually and we have to meet. Other than that, I think both Richa and my Ex don't have a bit of interest me.. or maybe if they do I can't figure out through facebook and chat; that's why I hate it now.

How do I escalate girls through chatting? How to insert sexual talk? I suck at flirting I guess.

How have I improved today?

1. Earned $10.
2. Practiced Gestures.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
**** everything!

So as the title says, **** everything! I don't ****ing wanna think about anything, not improving myself, not thinking of being Don Juan or anything! **** self improvement for now! So much pressure has been building up on me and I guess that's what is leading me to unhappiness! I am thinking all day how I can make my future better, how can I improve, how I have to work all day to earn lots, get bigger or how I would approach this or that girl or whatever! **** it! My ex has been chatting with me on Skype and so has been Richa. Whenever I talk to them I show them that I am busy and all these thoughts of what a Don Juan must not do keep coming to me and I chat accordingly and I pressurize myself and what's worse is these thoughts don't vanish! These might be good but I actually am not talking normally, or the way I actually am! Even hang outs and talks with my best friends have gotten boring because I am no fun anymore! I am missing the most important part of my life - happiness! So **** everything at the moment!

I AM GOING TO RELAX! I won't think anything and will meditate as soon as I wake up, as much as I can and calm myself down! I need positivity and happiness in my life! SO RELAX! Yeah man, RELAX!

defensiveend96

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do I escalate girls through chatting? How to insert sexual talk? I suck at flirting I guess.

Flirting comes pretty natural to me but I understand how it can be confusing. What I do, now this may not work for everyone, is basically keeping a really fun demeanor when you are with the girl. Joke, tease her, and then after you tease her if she seems a little upset say aww and touch her shoulder or back. Good luck.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #2

NorwegianDJ said:
Just focus on the present.
Is it possible to focus on present while knowing what you have to become in future and working hard for it? I don't think so, thats why I got frustrated; I am not so sure though.

And ****! I have lost all the content that I had written! ****! So long story short now:

I had a great day! I woke up, listened to happy songs and I liked Black Eyed Peas - I gotta good feeling and nursery rhyme - 'If you're Happy and You Know it". I also saw some pickup pranks and just funny pranks in general and I liked it.

Also as I got out of bed after sleeping in evening(when I was feeling bad etc) Pook's thought came into my mind which I had told to my mother to cheer her up: "As you think, you shall become." So I thought if my thinking makes me, why not think of myself as ****ing awesome, ****ing happy and charming! I am ****ing AWESOME! I am a MAN! **** YEAH!

I got out, like usual, just to cold approach though; didnt find any one to approach however RSDTyler has said to approach the first girl you see without rationalising. I won't do it! I cant approach below average girls! I come home and Fatto calls to hangout! I say cool, lets hang out as I am in need to go out and enjoy with my best friends! We set off for a food market in our city. While riding I am sitting in opposite direction and people are looking at me weirdly. Two girls also see me, and I keep staring at them and they give same reaction. Then we stop at a place, two girls pass by I keep staring at them as well. They walk to some distance and give me looks as well. Me and Aayush ride nearby them and I wave them good bye. Both the girls looked surprised and didnt know how to react.

We are at Food Market and there again I keep glancing at two girls and they are taking it nicely and giving it back. If their mom wouldn't be with them I would have definitely approached as one of them seemed to be interested in me.

Now comes the real ****, Approach number two of my life!

We are at petrol pump as Aayush's vehicle is out of fuel. Two girls come to get their fuel tank filled as well. I approach one of them and it turns pretty badly lol:

Me: Hey! Excuse me...
(Both of them look up to me)
Me: Hi! I am GetBetter...
(I raise my hand to shake with hers, she doesn't shake it and gives weird look)
Her: SO?
(****ing rude! I am angry and surprised)
Me: I just came to say that...
(I dont complete my sentence and I have already started to turn my back to her)
Me: Your nose is great.(LMFAO what did I say? haha)
(I have turned and without looking for reaction)
Me: Bye(I have turned completely and I walk towards Fatto's vehicle. I don't even look at her)

I heard a laugh though. We guys moved on. I am wondering why this approach failed as well? Both of my approaches failed miserably however first one made more sense: I was nervous, I vomitted line, I didn't pay attention to her friend or introduced myself. This time I went confidently and I don't know why I used to take tension about Approaching, it's easy. But yeah, why this one failed as well!?

I told this to Aayush and Fatto and they laughed loudly - burst out of laughter, lol. However Aayush told that I should approach the same way next time but only after having more eye contact and so on. He is right, I should create more attraction first. I created none this time.. but doesn't it work in an Instant? The moment a girl sees you?

I am back at home and I am feeling great. I approached someone but sad as well because she didn't reply as expected. Anyways, **** it, I am awesome!

My ex replies as because of me there is problem between her and her boyfriend. She asks if I like her or not. She was definitely expecting a Yes but I said no. Then I ask her why am I a threat to Shivam as she is Engaged(not really) to her boyfriend. She says that Shivam read the chats, and I was flirting with her etc etc. I said that I wasn't flirting as I don't her but if my charm worked for her, great. I said, she was the one to initiate conversation after I asked for a date and blah blah. I said that she should end this as its spreading negativity and something like that.

I am damn sure though that she was expecting a 'Yes I like you' and got disappointed hearing a 'No'. Just ignore her or don't take her seriously..

I get on FB I talk to another girl, tease her, also talk to Richa and Mindgamez. Mindgamez tells me that I should become an ******* as it'll bring me to a lowest point and after that I'll become invulnerable. I am hating this Facebook and Online chatting now but how do I escalate enough to meet real? Richa seems interested only in virtual talking as she doesn't wanna meet up in real life. I am going to ignore her now but on what basis?

Anyways, just relax and chill! ****ing create happiness and share it! Woo!

Forgot to add this:

My Goal in Life is to be Happy!
Weird that I am so much working to become happy but all of this was taking me away from Happiness. STAY HAPPY YO! Ho ho ho! :p

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe the girl was having a bad day.. It happens. Good job nonetheless.

Mindgamez

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh sh1t, maybe you misunderstood me!
Yeah, I meant that you have to learn to overcome the bad stuff that is thrown at you. You can become a jerk for one day and just learn to deal with the sh1t, but DON'T make it your identity. Just experience, but also stand up for yourself.

Like that girl who said SO? It would have been smart telling her that she was rude to your very innocent, nice guy approach, that you didn't mean to upset her. DO NOT reward b1tchy girls for their bad behaviours, EVER. Or yes, maybe was she just having a bad day. Ask her if everything's fine in her life, if she wants a hug (lol).

Anyway, stand up for yourself. You're a man and you deserve respect from everyone.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely gotta remember that I am not going to handle any disrespect!

Anyways, my turning point has come.

The result from Ringling College of Art and Design came yesterday. They have rejected me for Computer Animation Program. To be honest, I wasn't expecting Acceptance because compared to the other people who applied had ****ing awesome portfolios! The good thing is they have given option to choose either Illustration or Motion Design program if I want to or Game Art and Design. I am considering Illustration at the moment. I have been pondering about it since the result came... I can apply for Illustration now and get acceptance letter or I can apply for Computer Animation program next year. I took advise of many people and few are telling me to choose Illustration. Moreover I am getting more and more impressed by the Illustration department of Ringling and their success. I might just end up joining Illustration but it will change the whole direction of my life. My heart first said I should wait and apply for Computer Animation next year but now I am obsessed with Illustration I guess. Another pixel artist who is an Art Director at an Advertising Agency insists that I should join Illustration Program instead of wasting one year of my life! 'Illustration is base of all things' is what he says.

Right now I am looking at my own Gallery at looking what type of things I have made in the past and why I made them and then based on that I guess I will take the final decision. But I am sure whatever will happen will happen for the best! I am already excited to imagine at Ringling, leaving the life as an Artist, the threats and challenges I am going to face in Florida. Haha, what a new and amazing excitement.

The bad thing though is I am bound to take all these decisions when my Final Examinations of School are going on! I should focus on that too! My god!

I joined Gym, did I tell you guys that? Anyways today was Upper Body training and man, I used to take Gyms as easy work but woah, I couldn't lift much weight! And my body compared to other man there is very slim lol; I used to think that my body was great. I loved the whole session though and I am damn sure I'll see results in 1 month or so! Also the great thing is I made a friend there, which is one of the main reasons behind joining Gym - increase social circle and make new friends.

The Ringling feeling is really creating butterflies in my stomach, haha.

Oh btw guys give me advice on how to improve my skin quality. Right now my skin looks weird and there are some pimple marks or whatever which aren't going! I scrub twice a week and it makes little difference. I guess I'll just go to a Dermatologist again.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
@NorwegianDJ: I read some pages of the book, I can't understand it... So I guess I'll focus on Nutrition, No Fap, and Stress factors.

What do you suggest for nutrition? What should I take etc? At the moment, I consider Fapping as one of the biggest factors.

Anyways, about my life, I really haven't been doing much. I have become lazy you can say, not doing anything at the moment and just wasting my time. I hate it, but dont worry instead of whining here, I will work to change it! And as NorwegianDJ always says, there's no better time than NOW! So it's time to set goals, that will lead to happiness and make my life worthwhile and inspiring to others.

Step 1: Spend Less time in front of PC!

I have been going to gym and I like going there, I try to make new friends. I met an old friend there and we do workout together. Today was my lower body training. And man, I must say that some really hot girls come to Gym! I really feel like approaching but I don't, I am not sure why because one thing I know is, it is easy to approach. Maybe what stops me is that they might be older(most of them are) and if I get rejected I will have to see them everyday(doesn't bother as much). I need to release my manhood, grab my balls and approach! I will approach tomorrow. I can get looks from girls so it wont be much of a problem for me, I guess!

Yesterday I found a lot about racism in America regarding Indians. I searched a lot and found that it's true and they aren't found attractive. Today however I searched RSDNation for answers and found that it is 'reality' to some extent but the most awful thing is because of such things Indians have started considering themselves inferior to whites and due to that mindset they are lagging behind. The truth however is there are lot of Indian Pimps as well. So basically a lot of restriction comes from mindset. But I can't deny it intimidates me a little, but hey! It's an opportunity to become even greater than I am right now! Yo!

About Ringling, I have taken decision to take Illustration as my Major and I am waiting for Ringling's Admission department to send me an acceptance letter so that I and my family can arrange funds. I am pretty excited about Ringling.

GetBetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to Gym, Watching lots of pickup videos, trying to study for exams and that's all. I love going to gym because I don't know why it makes me happy. Moreover I love watching funny pickup pranks as they give me new idea however I am damn sure they wouldn't help me get any better. I have been reading posts of DJ bible. Moreover I realized I shouldn't focus on being a Jerk or a Nice Guy, I should just do what my gut says and be myself.

Anyways today at Gym I started a convo with a girl, however it didn't even go like a convo. My approaches of starting a conversation with a girl are always damn wrong. She was on Cycle and I was doing cycling right next to her. I asked if she came for Weight Loss. She replied with a yes and called the trainer how long she had to continue. After a long pause I asked how much she lost and she said it has been only two to three weeks. I could figure out that she was interested. And there I ended the conversation as I didn't know what I wanted to say or what to talk about... it is one of my biggest problems - I can start a convo but can't continue it with anyone. And it just got awkward as I kept silent and kept doing cycling and so did she however we looked at each other few times. She is a lot older than me btw. She is probably in college's mid years.

What to do?

Watawata

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im watching the blueprint decoded.. Maybe you should check it out, may be easier to understand than a book. Its easy to find on torrent sites