Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rollo's preventative medicine timeline

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to see if we could get a good discussion going here on this post from Rollo's blog.

https://therationalmale.com/2014/03/16/preventative-medicine-part-i/

Looking at the timeline, I realize that women my age are now entering into the epiphany phase in their lives where they start looking a bit differently at what they deem attractive in a man. However, my question for some of the older more experienced guys here is this: Are there some women who are so damaged (abuse, broken home, radical feminism, etc.) that they blow right through the epiphany phase and just keep seeking out the kinds of guys they did when they were in their early and mid twenties?

Basically these chicks with the "I don't need no man for nothing" attitude. Do they also start thinking differently at the epiphany phase or is it irrelevant for them? What has your experience been here?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never really looked into Rollo's defined timeline of the progression of a woman's needs and desires until now. It's interesting to look at it, but I generally prefer to see their progression on a more biological and emotion-based system.

The "Epiphany years" IMO are just her noticing the sound of the ticking biological clock, which progressively gets louder. I find women who blow through this phase are the ones who already have children. To them, that ticking clock just means they're running out of time to have more children. Since they already have one or more kids, it's not a huge concern for them.

Are there some women who are so damaged (abuse, broken home, radical feminism, etc.) that they blow right through the epiphany phase and just keep seeking out the kinds of guys they did when they were in their early and mid twenties?
I base all of a woman's future decisions on the experience of what Rollo calls "The Alpha Widow". Most, if not all women experience it. I personally like to define it as high score theory. I've seen women who can be 'alpha widowed' by more than one guy. Not only that, the guys who are a bit lower on her list can still climb up to the top and overthrow the previous High Scoring Player.

With regards to the kind of guys they continue looking for, they are basing it all on that one guy who left his emotional imprint. They're on the search for the High Scoring Player who can overthrow the previous guy, and leave a deeper emotional imprint. In other words, they're trying to convince themselves that they haven't found their soulmate yet and they need to keep searching. The truth is, the guy who is at the top of her list and makes the deepest emotional imprint IS her soulmate.

Women who are 'alpha-widowed' will just continue on looking for a guy to make a deeper imprint, or get one of the guys back who's sitting at the top (or near the top) of her high score list. This continues on for the rest of her life. The only possible time she will quit looking for this guy is after she's gone through menopause, but that is not a guarantee.

Basically these chicks with the "I don't need no man for nothing" attitude. Do they also start thinking differently at the epiphany phase or is it irrelevant for them? What has your experience been here?
Women like that are just brainwashing themselves. They're either going to continue telling themselves they don't need a man for anything until it's too late, or they're going to find themselves a sperm donor.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole alpha widowed thing f*cks with my head sometimes. For any of the old vets here, what are some "tells" a girl has been alpha widowed that you should be on the look out for when your first start dating her?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Comparing everything to her ex or situations she was in with her ex would be a classic. It's like most things in life it's a staircase when she's known the next step she won't be happy going down a step or to

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who are 'alpha-widowed' will just continue on looking for a guy to make a deeper imprint, or get one of the guys back who's sitting at the top (or near the top) of her high score list. This continues on for the rest of her life. The only possible time she will quit looking for this guy is after she's gone through menopause, but that is not a guarantee.
I think that's why often you see women that marry the guy that hit just enough marks on her HST to be suitable for marriage.

A few years or a decades down that line they're unhappy with the marriage, themselves or how things turned out, kids stressing them to the max. They stop getting that feel good emotions from their husband like they used to so they start casual affairs. Perhaps it's innocent at first with a co-worker, or an acquaintance then as time goes on they develop an emotional connection and start thinking about the other guy more than their spouse. This typically happens when they stopped connecting with husbands, or the long term b/f or husband is out of town and they want a weekend pick me up experience of feeling pretty and validated again.

They want that lure of the alpha they miss from their younger 20s, yet often enough don't channel that desire back into the investment of the LTR or marriage.

Women like that are just brainwashing themselves. They're either going to continue telling themselves they don't need a man for anything until it's too late, or they're going to find themselves a sperm donor.
This is so true. I think that's why you hear how women complain openly often to others that there are no good men out there, or how they just want a guy who can commit or make them feel special publicly, when in reality in private their hooking up with orbiters that they don't bring around to family or their close social circles or get consumed with social validation on social media.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For any of the old vets here, what are some "tells" a girl has been alpha widowed that you should be on the look out for when your first start dating her?
The best indicator is that she's 23 years old and older. Most women have been alpha-widowed by then. Other indicators:

- She has an ex who's an orbiter
- She has an ex she doesn't shut up about
- She has an ex she's very bitter about
- She has at least one kid
- She's been engaged, married, or divorced

Most women age 23 and older will have one of these traits.

I think that's why often you see women that marry the guy that hit just enough marks on her HST to be suitable for marriage.
This is very true. They'll pick a guy who's able to out-score most of the other losers at the bottom, but he doesn't exactly produce the impressive fireworks that the guys near the top do.

They want that lure of the alpha they miss from their younger 20s, yet often enough don't channel that desire back into the investment of the LTR or marriage.
And that the thing. Men need to keep their relationships (and themselves) more interesting than anything she's experienced. Women will remain interested if their men keep pushing the emotional buttons and keep increasing their score. The men they settle with simply stop doing everything. These men think that because they're exclusive with her or have put the ring on their her, they've won. The novelty of official relationship status and the ring wear off. I think many of us here have proven that by fvcking engaged or married women. The mere idea of cheating brings emotional excitement back into her life.

If the existing men on her high score list aren't increasing their scores, she'll find new players.

I think that's why you hear how women complain openly often to others that there are no good men out there
I think that results more from being alpha widowed. She's had her biggest disappointment from a man (who obviously didn't want to put up with her ass) and the men she's dated since him have paled in comparison.

I think the most interesting cases are where the woman dumps the guy on the top of her high score list, or he ends up climbing to the top afterwards. She has essentially shot herself in the foot and may become eternally regretful, unless she brainwashes herself otherwise.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best indicator is that she's 23 years old and older. Most women have been alpha-widowed by then. Other indicators:

- She has an ex who's an orbiter
- She has an ex she doesn't shut up about
- She has an ex she's very bitter about
- She has at least one kid
- She's been engaged, married, or divorced

Most women age 23 and older will have one of these traits.
Mind elaborating on the first one? Don't all somewhat attractive women have an orbiter or two in the wings? What would that have to do with her being an alpha widow? I understand the other bullet points, just not that one.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but if it's an ex, then it could very well be that she is orbiting him because he's the guy who's at the top of her list. You cannot really tell initially who is orbiting who unless you dig a little deeper.
gotcha. makes sense. so essentially she's his orbiter in this case. thanks.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova's list is good.

Also, beware of the woman who says you're the love of her life, yet you realize you're not like the other dudes she was with before.

-Augustus-