Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Putin Bullies Obama Again in Syria

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First Crimea, now Syria - if they were little kids, Putin would be beating up Obama and taking his lunch money every day.

CIA-backed rebels in Syria, who had begun to put serious pressure on President Bashar Assad’s forces, are now under Russian bombardment with little prospect of rescue by their American patrons, the Associated Press writes.

Over the past week, Russia has directed parts of its air campaign against U.S.-funded groups and other moderate opposition in a concerted effort to weaken them, the officials say. The Obama administration has few options to defend those it had secretly armed and trained.

The Russians “know their targets, and they have a sophisticated capacity to understand the battlefield situation,” said Republican Rep. Mike Pompeo, who serves on the House Intelligence Committee and was careful not to confirm a classified program. “They are bombing in locations that are not connected to the Islamic State” group.

Other U.S. officials interviewed spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The CIA began a covert operation in 2013 to arm, fund and train a moderate opposition to Assad. Over that time, the CIA has trained an estimated 10,000 fighters, although its current size isn’t clear.

The effort was separate from the one run by the military, which trained militants willing to promise to take on IS exclusively. That program was widely considered a failure, and on Friday, the Defence Department announced it was abandoning the goal of a U.S.-trained Syrian force, instead opting to equip established groups to fight IS.

For years, the CIA effort had foundered — so much so that over the summer, some in Congress proposed cutting its budget. Some CIA-supported rebels had been captured; others had defected to extremist groups. The secret CIA program is the only way the U.S. is taking on Assad militarily. In public, the United States has focused its efforts on fighting IS and urging Assad to leave office voluntarily.

“Probably 60 to 80 per cent of the arms that America shovelled in have gone to al-Qaida and its affiliates,” said Joshua Landis, a Syria expert at the University of Oklahoma.

But in recent months, CIA-backed groups, fighting alongside more extremist factions, began to make progress in Syria’s south and northwest, American officials say. In July and August, U.S.-supported rebels seized territory on the al-Ghab plain, in northwest Syria’s Idlib and Hama governorates. The plain is a natural barrier between areas controlled by Sunni Muslims and the Alawite sect to which Assad and his loyalists belong. The capture of the al-Ghab plain was seen as a breakthrough toward weakening the Alawites.

Those and other gains put Damascus, the capital, at risk, officials say.

But in recent days, Russian airstrikes have hit groups in the area, according to the Institute for the Study of War, a Washington think-tank that closely tracks the situation. Russian bombs and missiles have hit specific buildings associated with the moderate Syrian opposition, according to a U.S. official briefed on the intelligence.

Russian officials have insisted they are bombing Islamic State militants and other terrorists.

U.S. intelligence officials see many factors motivating Russia’s intervention: Moscow’s reasserting its primacy as a great power, propping up Assad and wanting to deal a blow to the United States, which has insisted that Assad must go to end Syria’s civil war.

Russia is also interested in containing IS, an organization that includes thousands of Chechen fighters who may pose a threat to Russia, officials say.

But in the short term, “my conclusion is that the timing of their intervention was driven by Assad really going critical,” said Democratic Rep. Jim Himes, also a House Intelligence Committee member.

The administration is scrambling to come up with a response to Russia’s moves, but few believe the U.S. can protect its secret rebel allies. The administration has all but ruled out providing CIA-backed groups with surface-to-air missiles that can down aircraft, fearing such weapons would end up in the wrong hands, officials say.

Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the committee, says the U.S. should consider establishing a no-fly zone that allows rebels a safe place from which to operate, and shooting down Syrian helicopters that are bombing civilians. He said the U.S. also should provide arms to the Ukrainian government fighting Russian-backed separatists.

A no-fly zone would require the U.S. military to be ready to engage in air battles with the Syrian government, something it is not prepared to do.

The administration “is debating the merits of taking further action or whether they are better off letting Putin hang himself,” he said, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Our options are much narrower than they were two weeks ago,” said Independent Sen. Angus King, who serves on the Intelligence and Armed Services committees. “I don’t think there is any simple answer. … Further air involvement has become very problematic because of the Russian engagement.”

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...-do-little-to-save-cia-backed-rebels-in-syria

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I don't like Putin. But he is a master geopolitician. Obama and Kerry think they can sing the Barney song and the world will do what they want. This Syria thing has Obama looking like his pants are around his ankles and Putin is doing him from behind.

The entire foreign policy of this nation is a shambles now. This is what you get when you elect amateurs.

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things are certainly harder for deep state operators to manipulate when it's "independent" terrorist groups operating willy nilly compared to Nation X vs. Nation Y.

The BIG ISSUE is the petro dollar. Which is why Saudi must supported at all times. When the petrodollar dies, it's game over for the U.S. Economy. And when I say game over, unless you can grow enough food to survive, AND DEFEND IT from armed starving pissed off dudes, you're a goner.

No more pensions for cops = pissed off cops

No more money for military industrial complex = no more U.S. empire

No more printing dollars to pay for imports = EVERYTHING is ten times as expensive (including the oil needed to drive shyte around)

Think of the 40 million on food stamps who suddenly realize they get ONE TENTH of what they're used to.

This is what's coming, in the next fifty years or so.

Which is why the U.S. WILL NOT give up the petro dollar without throwing EVERYTHING at whoever's trying to dismantle it (now Russia and China) INCLUDING nuclear weapons.

Next couple decades are not going to be pretty.

No one will escape.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh poor obama as if american actions ever lead to any improvements and peace in any country where it happened.

Thanks again for the hordes of third worlers invading europe, make sure to destabilize some other country in middle east, we have plenty of space in Europe to host them for free and plenty of patience to deal with their savage culture.

The last years has been a masterpiece, pretty much granted isis green light in middle east and northern africa, lets bomb assad according to american plan, Im sure syria will be safer and richer just like iraq...dont forget ukraine is in bankrupt after the "spontaneous" revolution and its gonna be my european wallet again to fix it.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/21/this-is-how-russia-bombed-the-un-convoy.html
This Is How Russia Bombed the UN Convoy
Despite Kremlin denials, the open-source evidence implicating Putin’s warplanes is overwhelming.

Awwwww. Russia has bombed another convoy! Those damn Russians. Actually there was no Russian fighter and bomber jets in the area at that time, but there was a US predator drone circling around.

To end this sh1t quick, Russia should put troops on the ground. Not even for fighting, Syrian army can do its job well. Just to secure the air space. Troops on the ground means air defense systems can work to protect them against US military sh1t. That just means US can no longer support ISIS or whatever they call themselves now, those arab allah akbar fags that US hope can overthrow Assad.

Bible_Belt you are officially full of sh1t just like your African American president, go vote for Hillary, and go get your assh0le fvcked little masked faggot. :)

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like Putin. But he is a master geopolitician. Obama and Kerry think they can sing the Barney song and the world will do what they want. This Syria thing has Obama looking like his pants are around his ankles and Putin is doing him from behind.

The entire foreign policy of this nation is a shambles now. This is what you get when you elect amateurs.

Putin is a good politician, but even in his capacity as a head of state, any good politician at that level also has good people working with him to accomplish their goals. So to me that underscores that the Russian state has a clear objective (at least militarily and politically) with regard to what they want to accomplish in Syria. Obama and his camp have no f*cking clue. It's also not a secret that Russia has always stood with Assad, so why does it come as a surprise whenever the U.S. takes an opposing stance that Russia might start attacking our resources?

Obama has got to be the worst president in modern history.

I am personally looking forward to Trump winning the election and repairing foreign relations with Russia, and if that means the U.S. now takes a stance of also supporting Assad, I really don't give a damn. We could nuke the entire middle east a thousand times over and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep that night. We've seen what happens when we take out dictators who rule with iron fists over there...they rule with iron fists for a reason.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am personally looking forward to Trump winning the election and repairing foreign relations with Russia, and if that means the U.S. now takes a stance of also supporting Assad, I really don't give a damn. We could nuke the entire middle east a thousand times over and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep that night. We've seen what happens when we take out dictators who rule with iron fists over there...they rule with iron fists for a reason.
The Congregation says Amen.

Obama is just so d*mned WEAK. I honestly think he believes in what he's doing, I don't think he's trying to kill America. He's just a weak, whiny, bleeding heart wimp with a talent for speaking.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do we care about Syria again?

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do we care about Syria again?
The reason I care about Syria is because ISIS has taken over parts of that nation. Assad may not have been up for consideration to get on the front page of Time magazine, but he kept a pretty firm hand on matters internally before all this sh!t went south and he was tolerant of christian values. Hardcore muslims like what you find in Iran or Saudi Arabia today are not tolerant of christians. It also doesn't help matters that it's been proven that a NATO member (Turkey) has been actively aiding ISIS. Russia wants to keep this sh!t in Syria because they don't want it actively creeping up into their borders.