Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pronouncing Erector Spinae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turki

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea how to pronounce "Spinae" and don't want to sound like a complete tool when saying it, so please someone help me out!

Thanks

Turki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I looked up Dictionary.com before I posted, lol what does "-'spE-n&, -(")nE" mean?? Thanks for that though.

Read for FREE!

earthshyne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure, exactly. The symbols are so obtuse as to be practically useless.

Try this: Call a physio or chiropractor's office. They may be able to help.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Turki
I have no idea how to pronounce "Spinae" and don't want to sound like a complete tool when saying it,
When's the last time you heard "Spinae" used in everyday conversation? By the way, the dictionary website has a whole section devoted to telling you exactly how the phoenetic endings they put after words should be read aloud. Check it out.

Moved to Anything Else...

earthshyne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dictionary website has a whole section devoted to telling you exactly how the phoenetic endings they put after words should be read aloud
Cool. Thanks, I didn't know that. Can you put up the link? I can't seem to find it (need more kawfee probably...)

Read for FREE!

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm italian and i study latin at school, so i can tell you for sure that you can pronounce it two ways:

1. this is the classic pronounce (the one that ancient romans actually used, for what we know): ay-r-ay-ktor [read fast, with accent on the second "ay"] sp-ee-n-a-ay [with the accent on "ee"]

2. the "scholastic" pronounce (the one that medieval monks used and that is commonly used in schools): ay-r-ay-ktor sp-ee-n-ay

hope this clears your doubts

Read for FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.