Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Post breakup reading material

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The Alchemist" was recommended by a friend as a hugely transformative book in terms of shifting perspective and outlook during periods of emotional instability. I plan to read this around Day 25 of NC and finish it on Day 30.

Have any of you guys found there are certain pieces of literature which have had a profound impact on you during these type of potentially life altering moments?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't do a lot of reading, but I take comfort in things like music and one particular movie called "The Principal". It starts with him beating the 5hit out of his ex-wife's BF's car, and it doesn't have any romance added to the end for the sake of making his life more "complete". He basically says "fvck everything" and works at doing his job the best he can. It's one of the few movies I can say that doesn't encourage any "blue pill" thinking intertwined. He's completely solo in trying to pull himself out of a difficult slump. Just a man for himself, and that's it.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear BeThe Change,
I really like the sound of "The principal"don't know if it is available down under...You are not the only one believe me...The best read I can recommend is "The Marriage Diaries"by Bettina Arndt...follows the sex lives of 115 couples...Those poor Guys,the hell these Witches Wives put most of their Husbands through through...read it and realise you are lucky...don't get pressured into it again!

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read The Alchemist on a flight to the Caribbean a week after I told my STBX we were done. It affected me. Probably helped me grieve the relationship and realize it was a step in a journey.

I ordered Love Factually on the advice of the Art of Manliness Podcast.

Last edited:

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The red pill, especially the sidebar material. Seduction on reddit, about inner game. Book of pook, the rational male, models, ... Its all good stuff.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like the sound of "The principal"don't know if it is available down under
It's an old movie. You should be able to find it.

I find myself relating to it at the beginning, and then being strengthened by it at the end. Perfect movie for helping you get back on your feet. Here's a clip of total badass goodness...

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "Attitude" section of the DJ Bible.

Link
Bottom of the page

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the Great Gatsby and be glad you're not Gatsby. The ultimate Beta who posed as an Alpha and as soon as he got the girl, he went Beta again and lost it all.
I love the book, but not for the same reason that women do. I read it as a cautionary tale. Nick is the only one who has his poop together. :)