Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Old friends / acquaintenances

hester

Reaction score
Hello All,

In my mid 40's and lately have been trying to connect with late teen early 20 something friends. Most of the guys I hung with during this time drank and smoked weed but they all worked and a few are doing okay.

Overall, I am not having that much success reconnecting. A few phone calls and that is it. Most don't really hang out with anyone. A few did not return my emails which did hurt me as we were real close at one point.

We were punks a bit maybe a few think they were "bad kids" and want to put the past behind them. I am trying to be open to any possibilities as to why they never stayed in touch. Maybe they just got busy with a new life.

I never considered newer friends as close as I did these guys. Not sure if that is good or bad. I equate length of knowing each other with quality.

What are your thoughts on this ?

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a similar thing although on a different scale. I met friend from high school during commute around a year ago and we decided we should band our crew together again at least once.
So I contacted, around 20 people, everyone agreed . Set up a date time and place. Guess what ,.
And only 1 person showed up ( my good friend who we are on and off ) so yeah. Talk is cheap. You can try and put effort into it but don't expect the red sea to split.

I never considered newer friends as close as I did these guys. Not sure if that is good or bad. I equate length of knowing each other with quality.
To add to that, thats just because you do not spend as much time with them as you did with your good ol' friends back in the day. It really takes time, but I know I am building a friendship like that with a work colleague like that. Chances of these special people is low tho.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had my 50yr birthday partly. 3 friends were there I considered to be real friends. All I had known less than 20 years. I have not one "friend" on Facebook from childhood save a few randoms whom went to school together, but weren't really tight then anyway. It's life, take what is there no regrets, no fvcks.