Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Okay so my wife and i got in a pretty big fight last night

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Arcbound,

Spinning plates is VERY different from hanging out with another woman while you are married.

Has anyone ever inquired from Rollo whether he is hanging out one on one with other women?

You keep women on your toes by keeping game time and generating IOI's from other women whilst in her presence.

Women want man who *could* cheat, but not men who do. And when you are with other women one on one, that cuts to close to the cheating side.

There are better ways to keep your woman on her toes without actively dating other women.
Agree and well said. Actually have agreed and found myself nodding to much of what you have said throughout this thread.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
BB, Danger brought up something and I thank him for doing so. And that is the fact that I have offered many many times to get together and hang out, go to the race track, whatever. I mean, I grew up betting, training, and owning horses. That was my life. I don't train anymore but still bet them everyday and own some as well. And like you I moved to CA from far away and have had to struggle with making new friends out here. And like you, I work out of my home, in front of the computer. Finally like you, I am getting married to a girl that works at a job away while I stay home as I said. You say that you want to keep your real life and internet associations separate, and while I can respect that, the fact that you have failed to take up even one of my offers is really kind of mind boggling to me. But to each his own.

Cordon I will hang out with you buddy so you are not so lonely.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Malice said:
Cordon I will hang out with you buddy so you are not so lonely.
Come on out here! Sunny and 80 all month.

I have to say this.....Tonight I bowled a 245, 205, 278 in our 4 man mixed couples league for a 728 actual series. Fireeeeeeeee!

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
You're a kegler? I didn't know that. Nice 200+ average too it looks like. Congrats on the great series. My average dropped below 200 for the first time in 15 years this year, but it's because we tried a new house with these ridiculous old wooden lanes. I'm still getting used to them but holy hell are they sensitive.
Nice average. Very nice. Lane conditions make all the difference. What kind of ball (big hook? little hook? where stand? etc) do you throw?

Yes I have bowled all my life, been in lots of leagues. I think I have been in 4 man couple leagues with 3 exs and now my fiance. Bowled to a 205 average when I was in my late 20's and early 30s when I bowled more. Now I just bowl once a week or so (and didn't at all for 2-3 years when I first moved to CA). Now I have a 195 average in this league. Last night the lane conditions were just set up perfect for my ball. I am a righty and stand left of the center arrow and throw it out towards the right gutter and hook it back in. All I had to do was get it out there and it would head towards the pocket everytime. I knew warming up when my first 7 shots were strikes it could be a good night. I think I had 9 strikes the first game, 7 the second, and I had 10 the third, with my other two shots being a ringing 10 pin on both. So CLOSE to my first sanctioned 300. :( Averaged 243 or so for the night.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Nice average. Very nice. Lane conditions make all the difference. What kind of ball (big hook? little hook? where stand? etc) do you throw?

Yes I have bowled all my life, been in lots of leagues. I think I have been in 4 man couple leagues with 3 exs and now my fiance. Bowled to a 205 average when I was in my late 20's and early 30s when I bowled more. Now I just bowl once a week or so (and didn't at all for 2-3 years when I first moved to CA). Now I have a 195 average in this league. Last night the lane conditions were just set up perfect for my ball. I am a righty and stand left of the center arrow and throw it out towards the right gutter and hook it back in. All I had to do was get it out there and it would head towards the pocket everytime. I knew warming up when my first 7 shots were strikes it could be a good night. I think I had 9 strikes the first game, 7 the second, and I had 10 the third, with my other two shots being a ringing 10 pin on both. So CLOSE to my first sanctioned 300. :( Averaged 243 or so for the night.
I often wish I had devoted myself to one sport growing up. I am what you call a jack of all trades in sports, but true master of none. I am a 200 bowler, a 4-5 handicap golfer, played tennis collegiately (my best sport), played hockey in all kinds of leagues growing up ( I play lefthanded but am a righty), and can play sports like basketball, football, baseball, (played all 3 in school) racquetball, pool, swimming, volleyball, water skiing, snow skiing, and pretty much every other sport there is, and play them really well. Much better than average. Even weight lift 5 times a week. But I am not what I would call at professional level at any of them, nor have I ever been. And that often makes me wish I had devoted myself to training in just one sport to see if I could have done something with it.

If I ever have kids, I think I will be like Tigers dad and put a golf club in their hands when he is 6 months old lol. Let him or her play every sport they want too, but really give him every shot in the world to be the best he can be at whatever he or she shows to be best at. Guess I had better get work on having kids!

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
So you have a non-sanctioned 300 I bet?

I use an Extreme Chaos and my buddy says I need a new ball since it's over a decade old, but I bowl just fine with it. I actually position with my left foot, as opposed to most who do their right. I typically place my left foot one board left of the center board and throw at the 9 board (right handed). I know most people like to use the arrows but I find I can adjust much easier if I go by specific boards.

So yeah my ball hooks a decent amount, but I don't have the hook that you throw. What kind of ball are you using?

Funny story, on like the third date with my now gf, we went out with my best friend for his birthday. I ordered rabbit at the menu just because it was different and then we went bowling. I bowled my first 300 that night (obviously not sanctioned) and my gf said I made it look so easy and my friend said it was because I ate a lucky rabbit. Once you find that right set of lanes on the right night, it just all happens. I only had one other 300 and thankfully that was sanctioned, so I'm sure yours will come soon.

That sucks on the ten pin though. My Dad taught me a great trick for the nights where I leave a lot of them (which happens to me consistently on the drier lanes). I just back up one inch on the approach and my ball comes in just a hair sooner than it otherwise would and it shifts the three pin enough to tap out the ten pin instead of going around it. I don't know if you already have a trick to get around the 10 pin leaves, but if not give it a shot, I think you'll be surprised at how well it can work.

You would crush me at golf. I average a double-bogey on every hole on my bad days. Great days are a bogey average. I was similar with basketball and football, but didn't do much of the other sports besides those two. I LOVE football, we'd all get together Thanksgiving morning and a ton of us would play at the park. I never cared for being a receiver so I would block on offense, but my favorite position on Defense was a defensive back. It was so easy to trick the QB to thinking you had been beat, only to sneak in and get the INT after he threw the ball.
Yes I have a couple when just bowling with friends, but none in a league. Would have been nice.

I use 4 different balls. But I have one main one I use for almost all shots, and one I use strictly to get the 10 pin. Then I have two others I switch to that I use if my main first ball is not getting strikes or the lane conditions call for it. My main one I use is a Storm Byte with a wide span for my fingers, fingertip grip, with rubber inserts in the two finger holes of course. (for anyone ever bowling, its a must that you get those). You have a 10 year old ball? That is old school! haha. But if if works it works. The other guy on our team started the league using a 25 year old ball and he was throwing a backup ball on top of it. Plus the grip was too small. I kept telling him to get a new one with a grip that will help you to hook it. He finally did and his average went up from 119 or so to 130 just in a few weeks. Balls and grip do make a huge difference.

I will try that tip for sure. Thanks. Never even thought of doing something like that. For the most part I don't get too many ten pins because my strike balls tends to either bury in the pocket or hit light and I get the mixing action. I tend to leave pins to the left (like the 7 or 7-8) when I miss more often than not.

Golf is a funny sport. It seems as if it should be so easy. The ball doesn't move. It's either teed up or most of the time laying nicely on some manicured grass. Just hit it. But there are so many mechanics that go into a good golf swing that if you don't do it right, EVERY TIME, the ball can go anywhere. That is the biggest thing is sports and something I tell my fiance all of the time when she was learning how to bowl. The hardest thing to learn in any sport is to be able to duplicate a quality golf stroke, or bowling stroke, or basketball shooting stroke, or form in any sport, over and over and over even under stressful conditions. That is what makes a pro a pro. The ability to do that. And that is why we are not pros haha. She has gotten a lot better though. She started off using a one handed throwing motion but was getting no hook at all-in fact she was throwing a backup too. So I had her switch to a two handed motion, like this> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsh8Q-DBK5g. She did that for a few months and now has gone back to the one handed style and her form is way way better and she gets a little hook just because the two handed approach taught her the right way to turn the body and to use your arm as a torque to get the proper spin so the ball will hook.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The hardest thing to learn in any sport is to be able to duplicate a quality golf stroke, or bowling stroke, or basketball shooting stroke, or form in any sport, over and over and over even under stressful conditions.

Martial arts is the same way. Bruce Lee said he'd rather practice one kick a thousand times than practice a thousand kicks one time. The best fighters in the world will still drill the same basic moves over and over.

My trainer has had several doctors and executive types as students. After they spend a few months learning the right way to punch and kick, it is fairly common for them to report getting better at golf. The human body can only move a few ways, so whether you're following through on a Muay Thai kick or a golf swing, it's the same hip movement.

The physics of generating power to strike anything are the same as well. Fairly recent research into baseball set out to find what generates power. Bat speed was the expected conclusion, but what they found was a little more specific. Baseball hitting power is best determined by bat speed shortly after striking the ball, not before. It's the same with punching; strike to displace space. That's what makes it hurt. :D I don't know anything about golf or bowling, but I can only presume it is the same.

nikil

Banned
Reaction score
Our first "big" fight will be our last association, I guarantee it. Cause I just leave for a while whenever things get tense. The only way it could get 'big" is if she follows me (fighting) or if she wants to continue the fight when I return. If so, goodbye. I'm not gonna be there for her to make up some bs "reason" to sic the cops on me, etc. She'll have proven herself to be irrational, and I'm not hanging around for whatever comes next.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Come on out here! Sunny and 80 all month.

I have to say this.....Tonight I bowled a 245, 205, 278 in our 4 man mixed couples league for a 728 actual series. Fireeeeeeeee!
Nah you come here and buy the O's tickets. Behind home plate would be nice! I'll buy the beer. We can bring the women too.

If I ever have kids, I think I will be like Tigers dad and put a golf club in their hands when he is 6 months old lol. Let him or her play every sport they want too, but really give him every shot in the world to be the best he can be at whatever he or she shows to be best at. Guess I had better get work on having kids!

God I hope I have a son so I can teach him baseball. I am terrified of having a girl.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
u fukked up OP

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
If I have a boy I'll be teaching him to fly a helicopter, a girl will be taking finishing school at age 11 and going head first into a Chef's college.

My wife's plan for our kids is to send one to each of 5 countries to go to school so that the spouse they marry can make us food from each place in our old age. Italy, Brazil, India, Thailand and China.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
How many kids can you have legally in China?
I would also like to know what's the deal with them killing newborns if they are a girl? It was on the news.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I can't really talk about it online, guvernmint will send the men in black around to my house. You are legally only supposed to have 1 but the laws are fluid for people with money. Also the countryside people are largely ignored because as far as the rest of China is concerned, they don't count and aren't really people. So the first kid is usually registered as a ciitzen, but the country doesn't recognize the second kid, or any others as people... thus those people won't ever be able to attend school, get a job, go to a hospital... its a **** situation really. My wife is one of those people, she has an older brother but her family pulled together somehow and managed to get citizenship for both of them... I think... somehow. I'm not exactly clear.

Girls were traditionally worth less than boys as they ended up costing the family... they are still kinda sh1t to have because at 25, nobody wants to marry them. Now with the population explosion girls under 25 have become an ultra valuable commodity TO BE TRADED BY THE FAMILIES. Now if you want to marry a girl here you have to pay a BRIDE PRICE to the family which starting with the REALLY far out provinces is around $60,000 USD, I've heard of some girls in Shanghai and Beijing going for millions. Rarely does a girl get to pick or choose her boyfriend or even really date, thats only for the very rich city girls. Everything over here has a dollar value attached to it... sick really. I think my wife in her home town is worth around 250 to 300,000 USD, the requirements for girls in her town are a very nice house, car, fully furnished, plus 100 grand. Its not the requirement of the girls so much as the family, the mother, father, and both grandparents must agree to the marriage/deal. Hers are probably a little pissed because I refused to pay anything. I know her old man is probably proud of her, sounds like the rebellious type, but he's dead.

Thank your lucky stars you were born to a 1st world country fellas.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
Yeah I can't really talk about it online, guvernmint will send the men in black around to my house. You are legally only supposed to have 1 but the laws are fluid for people with money. Also the countryside people are largely ignored because as far as the rest of China is concerned, they don't count and aren't really people. So the first kid is usually registered as a ciitzen, but the country doesn't recognize the second kid, or any others as people... thus those people won't ever be able to attend school, get a job, go to a hospital... its a **** situation really. My wife is one of those people, she has an older brother but her family pulled together somehow and managed to get citizenship for both of them... I think... somehow. I'm not exactly clear. Girls were traditionally worth less than boys as they ended up costing the family... they are still kinda sh1t to have because at 25, nobody wants to marry them. Now with the population explosion girls under 25 have become an ultra valuable commodity TO BE TRADED BY THE FAMILIES. Now if you want to marry a girl here you have to pay a BRIDE PRICE to the family which starting with the REALLY far out provinces is around $60,000 USD, I've heard of some girls in Shanghai and Beijing going for millions. Rarely does a girl get to pick or choose her boyfriend or even really date, thats only for the very rich city girls. Everything over here has a dollar value attached to it... sick really. I think my wife in her home town is worth around 250 to 300,000 USD, the requirements for girls in her town are a very nice house, car, fully furnished, plus 100 grand. Its not the requirement of the girls so much as the family, the mother, father, and both grandparents must agree to the marriage/deal. Hers are probably a little pissed because I refused to pay anything. I know her old man is probably proud of her, sounds like the rebellious type, but he's dead.

Thank your lucky stars you were born to a 1st world country fellas.

Does your wife speak English very well? How did you avoid this payment for marriage you described?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest (Real) issue that we have is that she just doesn't understand how hard I work and other stuff like going to the gym. she goes to the gym everyday and yes she does about 90% of the raising of our son in all honesty but I mean, other than that she has a pretty plush life. I work my ass off and a lot of times, i just don't feel like having sex. It's not that I don't think she's hot. she's very very hot to me. I'm just.. tired. good lord woman lol my life doesn't revolve around laying the pipe to you. or to anyone or that matter

that was is what really caused the undercurrent of this OP. she thought i wanted to **** the other girl since i was not having sex with her. I mean there are some days I hit the bed and I'm sleep 1 minuet later. Friday nights are really the only time I stay up.

maybe i need to cut out some gym days or something. i don't know. but i like going to the gym :(. I mean I like sex too lol just saying. I've cut back on NA meetings as much as I'm willing to cut back, really 1 a week now. I'm just a busy dude.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Malice: Her English is pretty good, considering I don't speak any Chinese. :D

Well I didn't consult the family at all, I just said, hey if we're getting married, I'm not having any of this bride price bullcrap. If you don't want to get married, thats fine to, I don't care either way. No mother-in-law is going to be telling me what to do with my bank account thank you very much. And I'm not asking anyone's permission to do anything in MY life. If you don't like something? There's the door.

The brother tried to pull that sh1t on me when I first met him, he started into 'what he expects from me' and I just cut right through his bs and said 'these are my rules, you want to talk to me ever again, stay the fvck out of my business'. Suffice to say, they know not to ask me for money and are well aware that I don't give a FVCK about Chinese culture. You have to understand, most Chinese men are so desperate for p00n, they are basically pushovers. They'll do anything the parents ask... her old man though, apparently he left the province where he was at to go and get his wife from another province and skip paying for his wife... so I guess my wife kinda looks at me like that.

I'll be damned if they think I'd ever give them a penny. I don't buy into this 'respect for other people's culture' bs when it involves money out of my pocket. Chinese are the world greediest motherfvckers, they will do their absolute best to try and seperate you from your dollar by any means necessary.
The biggest (Real) issue that we have is that she just doesn't understand how hard I work
BB: Your wife's horniness doesn't greenlight your bad behaviour. You keep telling us how posh your wife's lifestyle is... who did that to her? YOU. The one responsible for her acting like a spoiled princess? YOU. My wife doesn't get sh1t from me, doesn't have a car, doesn't get makeup or access to any of my money, she wants something that ain't food? She can go out and work for it. The only thing she is getting out of me is DNA. How else is she gonna learn the value of a dollar. If anyone has fvcked up in that marriage, its you dude. You let your wife rule over your bank account. The first place my wife and I are going to work when we get back to Canada is right to the factory floor, no ifs, ands or buts. She and I both have to remind ourselves, why its important to get educated and get better jobs and there's no better education than a couple days in the factory. Consider sending your wife for a 3 week vacation to a car parts factory operating a MIG welder, she'll comeback a completely different person.

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
Malice: Her English is pretty good, considering I don't speak any Chinese. :D

Well I didn't consult the family at all, I just said, hey if we're getting married, I'm not having any of this bride price bullcrap. If you don't want to get married, thats fine to, I don't care either way. No mother-in-law is going to be telling me what to do with my bank account thank you very much. And I'm not asking anyone's permission to do anything in MY life. If you don't like something? There's the door.

The brother tried to pull that sh1t on me when I first met him, he started into 'what he expects from me' and I just cut right through his bs and said 'these are my rules, you want to talk to me ever again, stay the fvck out of my business'. Suffice to say, they know not to ask me for money and are well aware that I don't give a FVCK about Chinese culture. You have to understand, most Chinese men are so desperate for p00n, they are basically pushovers. They'll do anything the parents ask... her old man though, apparently he left the province where he was at to go and get his wife from another province and skip paying for his wife... so I guess my wife kinda looks at me like that.

I'll be damned if they think I'd ever give them a penny. I don't buy into this 'respect for other people's culture' bs when it involves money out of my pocket. Chinese are the world greediest motherfvckers, they will do their absolute best to try and seperate you from your dollar by any means necessary.

Yeah man mine speaks english it's a little broken but she gets the job done. I am going to Peru soon to meet her family that is going to be an experience. Any tips you got for me?

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah the food is fvcking awesome there but don't smoke, the air is really thin, also don't drink, you can get sick really, really easily cause of the elevation. Watch for roving bands of kids, I'm sure your wife knows all this stuff.

You can get a steak dinner there that tastes on par with Brazilian meat for 1/10th the price. Latinos are pretty lax and aside from being a little dangerous, Peru is a cool place. Latin men can be pricks though when they try and ****block you. Pretty much all the food there is good so you don't need to worry about anything that way. Bring diahrrea antibiotics with you before you go, bring ALOT. Ask the doctor to also give you the ones that specifically 'KILL AMOEBAS', you get those and you can never get rid of them. Bring POTASSIUM pills with you. I can't stress this enough, I've almost died here twice now from extremely low potassium after bouts of food poisoning. You go into cardiac arrest when your body is really low on it and no amount of bananas will do the trick, if you can get it in liquid, that works even faster. You'll think the air is just thinning and bang you are out, your body is numb and you're convulsing on the floor. Potassium pills might cost you 5 bucks for 20 but just one can save your life. Also bring a backpack and bring your own toliet paper, there's never any in the washrooms.

South America has a real water problem so close your mouth when you take a shower, only brush your teeth with bottled water and actually buy a bunch of iodine and wash any fruits and veg you get with it. A cap full in a large bowl of boiled water does the trick. Too easy to get sick and when you are on vacation, that sucks. Oh yeah, one more thing, get wrap around sunglasses and wear them everywhere. They can be fakes, plastic, whatever, just as long as they protect your eyes. My ex got a bit of dust in her eye and it turned into a cyst and almost pushed her eye out of the socket. Dust storms can kick up pretty fast. Uh... oh yes last thing. Bring POWDERED MUSTARD. If you get a cyst or pimple or hemroid or infected cut, which happens from time to time because of the sh1tty ass water, you can get a piece of bread, wet it, sprinkle on a bit of mustard and put it against the cyst and the mustard will either pull out the infection or eat through your skin and eat the cyst too. Its inexpensive, fast and painful as hell but it works.

- Backpack
- Wrap-around sun glasses
- Potassium
- Iodine
- Antibiotics
- Toilet Paper
- Dried/Powdered Mustard

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, Bubble Tea works better... I dunno whats in it, but I drink one at night and the next morning I wake up with a raging hard on.