Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My new neighbor mounted an outdoor camera directly facing my home/ his view

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It feels kind of creepy to me. Is it kind of creepy or am I just being overly sensitive?

They are new neighbors, less than a month. This is a second property for weekends and get aways for them and lots of their friends, until they can afford to be here full-time. He joked about installing a camera so he/they could enjoy or check out the view online, when they are back at their other home 5 hours away. I thought he was kidding.

Their property sits at a perpendicular angle fairly close behind mine and is set above mine a bit, on the slope of a hillside. The camera is now mounted on their roof line and directly facing my property and "their view."

It is directed at two sides of my home, with a view of who approaches the third side. It encompasses the entrance I use to come any go from my home and the secondary entrance, a long driveway and my garage and yard. I have lots of flowers out there that I enjoy tending to. It's now all on camera. It also faces windows from my bedroom, my bathroom and another bedroom and bathroom and utility room.

The truth is the camera faces nothing different than what they would see if they sat on their open deck 24/7/365. They do have an incredible view when they focus above and past my home.

I am a private person. I realize I have had the benefit of that home being empty all but 3-4 months out of the year, for many, many, years. I realize I will have to adapt. It's not any different than if they lived their 24/7. I think at least then, I'd know if they were outside watching. The idea of 24/7 video creeps me out. It's 2016 I know.

I mentioned it to my mother who was quick to point out that if my ex or anyone else approached my property and did harm, that my neighbors would have it on camera.

Maybe it's a more common practice now and I just don't know it?

Last edited:

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would creep me out. Like you I really value my privacy. This would feel voyueristic to me. I mean it's not like they are doing surveillance on the security of their property. Not sure your jurisdiction but I doubt this would fly in Malibu or Hollywood. Perhaps a chat would be useful. I'd start there. It's not unreasonable.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Then don't run around naked LYD…
Seriously though, my neighbors have one that also catches my side yard and after a man drove through my fence at 3 a.m. one morning and then left the scene. It helped identify him afterwards.
Pluses and minuses.

Last edited:

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BeExcellent--Indeed, it initially felt very vouyeuristic to me. I am choosing to make peace with it.

@billtx49--I know. No more running around naked outside.:( Inside is still all mine!;) Pluses and minuses is a great perspective.

I've decided to actually appreciate the camera. It is blatantly mounted for all to see. It is blatantly focused in the direction of my property. I have decided to see it as great way to feel more supported, in the face of my ex's unpredictability. (He's been around a lot lately.) The camera is a potential deterrent and it can potentially offer evidence, if there ever were an issue with him or anyone else. I am going to choose to appreciate what it offers, and amplify that with the consideration that I didn't have to pay for it, or it's installation, or be the one that has to maintain it.

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
with a potential ex security issue involved. I would get friendly and ask neighbor about the system and find out how long it keeps captured video in the system in case it's needed.

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
I'm with the others, free security that you do not have to pay for or maintain. I would be thanking my neighbor if they did this on my house.. And if it was a female neighbor, asking her if she will share the profits with me that she makes from filming me naked and putting it on the Internet.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Good! Now if something happens you have cameras to look at. Keep in mind that he does not watch you, go in, out, naked, masturbate outside, etc. Video is just being recorded, that's all. Be friends with your neighbor. Do BBQ together, smoke weed together, charge some women together, etc. I wouldn't mind the cameras, after all it is my security.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it would all depend on the personality and the vibe I get from the guy.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with OP, and do not agree with the "free security" angle. Cameras are cheap and easy to mount, and OP could do that if they wanted the extra security. Surely there is a way for them to capture a view without also focusing on neighbors' houses.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is saying it is "pointed at her house", but is it really? Is it just pointed in that direction and is mostly aimed at their own property? It could be pointed more down on their own property than it appears.

OP, you could take a pic of the camera and post it here. You can block out any identifying structure. I would like to see the offending camera from the perspective of where it seems to be pointed.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It feels kind of creepy to me. Is it kind of creepy or am I just being overly sensitive?

They are new neighbors, less than a month. This is a second property for weekends and get aways for them and lots of their friends, until they can afford to be here full-time. He joked about installing a camera so he/they could enjoy or check out the view online, when they are back at their other home 5 hours away. I thought he was kidding.

Their property sits at a perpendicular angle fairly close behind mine and is set above mine a bit, on the slope of a hillside. The camera is now mounted on their roof line and directly facing my property and "their view."

It is directed at two sides of my home, with a view of who approaches the third side. It encompasses the entrance I use to come any go from my home and the secondary entrance, a long driveway and my garage and yard. I have lots of flowers out there that I enjoy tending to. It's now all on camera. It also faces windows from my bedroom, my bathroom and another bedroom and bathroom and utility room.

The truth is the camera faces nothing different than what they would see if they sat on their open deck 24/7/365. They do have an incredible view when they focus above and past my home.

I am a private person. I realize I have had the benefit of that home being empty all but 3-4 months out of the year, for many, many, years. I realize I will have to adapt. It's not any different than if they lived their 24/7. I think at least then, I'd know if they were outside watching. The idea of 24/7 video creeps me out. It's 2016 I know.

I mentioned it to my mother who was quick to point out that if my ex or anyone else approached my property and did harm, that my neighbors would have it on camera.

Maybe it's a more common practice now and I just don't know it?
You say they live 5 hours away? They might come from the United-Kingdoms... those cameras are the norm in the UK. Basically, nothing goes on in the country without being taped.

If anything happens ''criminally'' to you or in the area, you'll have camera proof.

Legally, they are in their right.

Adaptation to the neighbors is key. Its unconveniant but not you might want to close the curtains

Ask them the details as a friendly neighbour