Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My game needs vast improvement. Just exited marriage, tip's,advice welcome

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So i believe i have a codependent issue here. I'm 31 and have been in one relationship or another since high school and i'd say the majority of those were not very good relationships. I put up with a lot of **** i never should have because i didn't want to be alone. But i've always been the one to break up with them.
I have pretty high confidence and i am a decent looking guy. I recently exited my marriage because she was bpd and not attempting to get help. This was about a month ago. So i know what i need to do as far as bettering myself. I am going to the gym everyday and i am eating healthy. I am also trying to talk to girls and i have had good success so far.

But here is the problem. I catch myself checking my phone too much and investing too much emotion into these women sometimes. Not all the time but it does happen. A few times i caught myself getting upset when a girl flaked on me or when i wasn't getting enough attention. I know this sounds gay but please bear with me, i am used to having female attention, and so this is a big change for me. I want to remain single for at least a few years but what can i do to eliminate these issues?

Here's another example. Last night i went solo to a bar. Had good luck talking to women and felt comfortable approaching and talking to them. Wasn't really expecting much but i noticed as the night wore on i grew less interested or enthusiastic about talking to women. I even started feeling kinda depressed for a short time so i left.

I've been through some rough **** with my wife and with the last couple relationships i have had. Am i just pushing this all too soon? I am caring way too much here and i am trying to validate myself to women even though i don't want to. See i have never had an issue getting laid and i have had about 33 partners so far in my life but i have a problem here.

I am willing to answer any questions. I am a ****ty writer so please work with me here.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Change takes continual focus and dedication. Our old ways call us to come back. They tempt us with familiarity. That's all it is, familiarity. It is not what serves the life you want or who you wish to be.

A BPD needs a co-dependent and someone who seeks validation outside themselves. The reverse is true as well! Continue to take responsibility for YOUR part. Rather than try to figure it all out by yourself (and/or here), get yourself professional help. Make that investment AND actually do the work to heal the co-dependent issues and the part of you that feels driven to seek validation from women/others.

We are all here learning. Two steps forward, one step back. Three steps forward, one step back. Just keep at it and be kind to yourself along the way.

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Change takes continual focus and dedication. Our old ways call us to come back. They tempt us with familiarity. That's all it is, familiarity. It is not what serves the life you want or who you wish to be.

A BPD needs a co-dependent and someone who seeks validation outside themselves. The reverse is true as well! Continue to take responsibility for YOUR part. Rather than try to figure it all out by yourself (and/or here), get yourself professional help. Make that investment AND actually do the work to heal the co-dependent issues and the part of you that feels driven to seek validation from women/others.

We are all here learning. Two steps forward, one step back. Three steps forward, one step back. Just keep at it and be kind to yourself along the way.
So is it possible to have the same success with women as i did before but without the underlying motive being validation. I am not sure but that might have been the reason i had such success.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So is it possible to have the same success with women as i did before but without the underlying motive being validation. I am not sure but that might have been the reason i had such success.
Absolutely! Likely even more so!

A True DJ is with women because he enjoys them, not because he needs or seeks their validation. In my opinion, a True DJ's success comes from HIS clearly knowing that he does not need anything, from any particular woman.

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Then the question is should i stop interacting with women altogether if i continue to revert back to these old "programmed" mannerisms or is there some way to proceed? I'm wondering if taking a break is the best way to deprogram or if there's a better way.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
should i stop interacting with women altogether if i continue to revert back to these old "programmed" mannerisms or is there some way to proceed? I'm wondering if taking a break is the best way to deprogram or if there's a better way.
Ultimately you have to be the judge about that. You in all likelihood need to allow yourself some time to heal from your marriage, to readjust. How you go about that depends on you and your emotional make up. Some solitude where you spend time alone may be a very healthy idea, especially if you have a habit of wanting to please the other person or have lost sight of your own desires and passions.

Since you are no longer bound by the relationship insofar as what you do with your time, why not decide what YOU most want to do, and just go do it. What makes you happy and fulfilled? If you always wanted to take up sailing, do that. If you want to get your golf handicap down to a certain score do that, if you want to run a speedy 5K, etc. etc.

Fill your life with activities and friends where you find satisfaction and enjoyment as you have started doing. Be your own best friend. Be open to making new friends if you could do with some additional friends. As you do this you will retrain your mind about what your expectations are as you interact with women. Engage in and enjoy casual conversation. Be present in the moment without expectation. If you find yourself drawn to someone, ask yourself, am I ready? How do I like her as a person? Is she someone who fits comfortably into the happy existence I have created? When you can objectively consider those questions, then you are self-validated and outcome independent.

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have any hobbies or business interest.

After my divorce I took up a hobby that I neglected during my marriage courtship and that is fish keeping. Each day I'm amazed at how far along the hobby has come since my first tanks 30 odd years ago. I get so excited about building and designing my next new tank

I've also put my current business on auto pilot while I explore a new business interest.

I go to the gym 5 times a week and I track my macros. I also put a lot of thought into meal prep and coming up with new recipes so I don't bored of meals and hit the fast food places.

These activities keep my focus away from women. It's to the point now where I avoid interaction with my plates just so I can continue my work and get things done.

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i unknowingly supplicated all my hobbies and friends over the last ten years in favor of being in LTR's..Yes i know. I am working on getting my Bachelor's and i have started going to the gym everyday. It is helping but i want to get laid, just without feeling like i am slipping back into my old validating, codependent behaviors.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well at 31 you're just a pup. still plenty of years to get with whatever programs you decide on. and you've got all those 30 something single mums available to build a whole new layer of scar tissue with.

anyway to get serious what you are doing sounds very positive. At 31 I'd put more effort into building my social circle than chasing women generally. All courses have group work these days so be the guy who turns up early to assignment meetings and invite people for a beer afterwards. same thing with gym learn little bit about it use it is a topic of conversation talk to instructors about the different classes, how they got into it etc. you will catch girls out of your social Circle more slowly but there is far more chance they will be higher quality.

Glumix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is helping but i want to get laid, just without feeling like i am slipping back into my old validating, codependent behaviors.
So you want to get laid? Aren't you dependent on that? Aren't you looking for validation THROUGH the fact you get laid? Or is it simply to have pleasure with your body? Aren't you getting some validation through the fact you must do better in life than somebody else, like your ex?

Note that I currently struggle with the exact same problem as you are.

What I noticed about it is that whenever I get laid, the excitment fade out pretty quickly because it's just another girl, another fvck, got some good s3x and then... bah... what's next? Anything else?

Currently, I think I am slowly taking the tracks of solitude and celibacy because while I am alone I have to build myself, no other choice. While I am alone, I cannot get any validation from other sources except what I do. I think it's good, but it's fvcking hard, and sometime I feel pretty down.

And yeah, when I go alone in bars, I feel pretty depressed as well. But I think I will try to do that again but only focusing on having a beer and if any interaction occurs then great, otherwise I go back home and carry on with my stuff.

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Plane to Asia with backpack.
Go find adventure.
Forget old life.
Since i kicked my wife and her two kids out i have had $5-$600 more in disposable income a month. I had no idea she was costing me so much. That sounds so ****ed up but ya know what, it is ****ed up, and it pales in comparison to what shes done to me. Anyway to touch on what you said i was thinking, me and my brother on a backpacking trip into the Grand Canyon, camp out in the desert, fire blazing, and watch the sun set. Sounds like a great way to have fun.

So you want to get laid? Aren't you dependent on that? Aren't you looking for validation THROUGH the fact you get laid? Or is it simply to have pleasure with your body? Aren't you getting some validation through the fact you must do better in life than somebody else, like your ex?

Note that I currently struggle with the exact same problem as you are.

What I noticed about it is that whenever I get laid, the excitment fade out pretty quickly because it's just another girl, another fvck, got some good s3x and then... bah... what's next? Anything else?

Currently, I think I am slowly taking the tracks of solitude and celibacy because while I am alone I have to build myself, no other choice. While I am alone, I cannot get any validation from other sources except what I do. I think it's good, but it's fvcking hard, and sometime I feel pretty down.

And yeah, when I go alone in bars, I feel pretty depressed as well. But I think I will try to do that again but only focusing on having a beer and if any interaction occurs then great, otherwise I go back home and carry on with my stuff.
I know what your saying but i don't mind wanting some ***** on the side and working for it. What i explicitly do not want is to draw validation tied to how much i value my id. I do feel great about myself most of the time and i have pretty high confidence, but despite that i have "learned" to draw that validation. My goal is to get to a place where i am completely content with myself and my self worth and validation comes from within.

Last edited:

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what i am doing thats still not helping me...My BPD wife still has her claws in me...I just blocked her again and i pray to god that i have the strength to reject her advances. Last time i was able to go two weeks.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Get an oculus rift or a paintball gun and commit some time. Also I would take your battery out of your phone right now and pitch it into a dumpster. Force yourself to be out of contact. When we commit money to things, especially hobbies, we feel a need to get our money's worth... its time to become obsessed with hobbies, 21 days breaks a habit.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took about a year off from women after my Divorce. Of course, it helps that my house was flooded and I had to remodel, plus raise my son's half time. Once you realize you don't have to do what "society" thinks you do, you are freed from your chains.

So was the sex worth 6k a month????

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I took about a year off from women after my Divorce. Of course, it helps that my house was flooded and I had to remodel, plus raise my son's half time. Once you realize you don't have to do what "society" thinks you do, you are freed from your chains.

So was the sex worth 6k a month????
500-600 not 6k. But no it wasn't man.But i am still fighting my urges to communicate with her it's ****ing hard. I have a pretty cute hb6 who claims she gives the best head coming over today. First time i've been with a women other then my wife in years..I'm hoping the fresh ass will wake me up alittle.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...i am still fighting my urges to communicate with her it's ****ing hard.
The urge is not simply about her. The urge is your brain going through chemical withdrawals from experiencing her BPD emotional fluctuations. Your body/brain is going through detox just like an addict giving up a drug. It takes time, commitment, dedication and tremendous will to get off hardcore drugs. Treat your detox from the BPD Ex with the same level of focus. Anything less will keep you hooked, to some degree.

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So my so called hb6 showed up and holy **** she was an hb3 at best. I immediately regretted it but since she drove to me I entertained her for awhile. She gave me a lackluster bj before I made up an excuse to get her or of the house. Her pictures were great "she's like a hundred pounds heavier. I won't be seeing her again. Then to top it off my bpd soon to be ex wife created a pof account just to hound me. I'm so tired of her persistent chasing, I'm tired, and she just won't stop. :( **** I blocked her "again" but I know she'll be back soon. Why can't she let me go. I hate myself for loving her. She makes comments that she's never going to let anyone have me and that she just might come into the house one night. My nerves are rattled, my psyche compromised. I need a shot.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So my so called hb6 showed up and holy **** she was an hb3 at best. I immediately regretted it but since she drove to me I entertained her for awhile. She gave me a lackluster bj before I made up an excuse to get her or of the house. Her pictures were great "she's like a hundred pounds heavier. I won't be seeing her again. Then to top it off my bpd soon to be ex wife created a pof account just to hound me. I'm so tired of her persistent chasing, I'm tired, and she just won't stop. :( **** I blocked her "again" but I know she'll be back soon. Why can't she let me go. I hate myself for loving her. She makes comments that she's never going to let anyone have me and that she just might come into the house one night. My nerves are rattled, my psyche compromised. I need a shot.
Get a restraining order. That might keep her away

kronreiff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get it together Killa. You either take it on the chin and begin the heal, or start spinning some plates to stay sane. Who needs or even wants an NPD, no matter if she's an HB-9 or a 1? Run while the ball and chain is off and pick up some reality on the way. Good luck!