Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My body is a wreck

Michael Megahertz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can relate to this & maybe offer some help. I got into lifting 10 years ago and I've been into healthy eating and working out regularly since. I'm approaching 40 now and the past couple of years I wake up in pain from head to toe. My muscles always ache and feel stiff and I always feel lethargic. I switched to lower weights and higher reps because its the best I can handle now.

I do regular stretches and basic yoga which helps a bit but I still feel really worn down.

Any advice?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can relate to this & maybe offer some help. I got into lifting 10 years ago and I've been into healthy eating and working out regularly since. I'm approaching 40 now and the past couple of years I wake up in pain from head to toe. My muscles always ache and feel stiff and I always feel lethargic. I switched to lower weights and higher reps because its the best I can handle now.

I do regular stretches and basic yoga which helps a bit but I still feel really worn down.

Any advice?
I start to stiffen up when I don't workout. When I workout I feel like blood circulation and hormones are improved. Perhaps your not getting quality sleep at night required for recovery.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is too vague.

What was your average time asleep per night? Diet? Workout intensity and volume per week? What exercises? What did you do outside of the gym? How progressively did the pain appear, in which areas did it appear first, how does the pain "feel" and what kind of if any movement aggravates it?

Michael Megahertz

Reaction score
I start to stiffen up when I don't workout. When I workout I feel like blood circulation and hormones are improved. Perhaps your not getting quality sleep at night required for recovery.
I workout 4-5 days per week. But I work a few night shifts every week, so my sleep is quite erratic. I have suspected this to be a problem for a while, but still feel it when I have a few weeks off.

What was your average time asleep per night? Diet? Workout intensity and volume per week? What exercises? What did you do outside of the gym? How progressively did the pain appear, in which areas did it appear first, how does the pain "feel" and what kind of if any movement aggravates it?
Sleep wise, i don't have an average as I work night shifts. So I could get 8-10 hours one night, then go 20 hours with no sleep the next day/night, so I'm sure that must be having a negative effect. I also drink a lot of caffeine. But I also drink at least 4 litres of water per day to avoid dehydration, often upto 6 litres. Diet wise, when I'm cutting I mostly eat low carb, high protein, meat, eggs and some fats or I'll use intermittent fasting and eat more fruit and grains in my diet. On average, I just eat a well rounded diet with minimal sugar and avoid processed/refined junk food. Exercises, mostly compound movements like squats, bench, military presses, and then deadlifts, curls, crunches and various shoulder exercises. The pain has crept up on me over the years. In the morning, I basically hobble out of bed, then it gets easier once I stretch it out. But most days I feel like my muscles are full of lactic acid and exhausted, like I've just lifted to failure on every body part.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take two weeks off but stay lightly active (walk and lightly jog, make sure your gait uses the whole body like its supposed to and you dont move dysfunctionally). Heat your body up in a bath or sauna, it will improve blood flow to your joints. Excess stiffness is a protective measure on the joints by the body, stretching just attacks a symptom of your problem. Get an MRI.

If your joints are really jacked up you might want to look up injecting blood into them. When you return to the gym, adjust back incrementally. This is because ligaments have very poor, slow recovery compared to muscle and bone and so you can find a workload that works long term.

I still dont know your schedule, intensity, volume or all exercises so cant comment on that. Try to get a better shift distribution, not sleeping properly is much worse for your body when you work out than when youre sedentary.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like me..in my case it had a lot to do with soft tissue calcification..an all too common problem these days.

Magnesium Oil, Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D are your friend. Try it for a few months, I'll bet you will feel a lot better.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found green tea helps, replaced coffee with it. It also promotes better bloodflow thru your penis. 5-10% and if you are on the edge of having ED it can help you to not have the problem. Also it reduces stress in the body.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like me..in my case it had a lot to do with soft tissue calcification..an all too common problem these days.

Magnesium Oil, Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D are your friend. Try it for a few months, I'll bet you will feel a lot better.
So many problems can be avoided by getting a proper diet, but we think we know better than the body... until our ignorance hits us in the face when the body cant take any more neglect.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you are pushing yourself too far, whether stress, lack of sleep, etc, nutrition becomes even that more noticeable and important. I work two full time jobs 90 hrs a week, one is deep nights. So it's a lot of stress.

I noticed when I drink hard liquor during the day, I have to fight harder to stay awake.

I noticed when I get my Spark Vitamin B supplement before work and drink plenty of water, I have greater clarity and don't need stimulants to keep me up.

I just found that green tea is awesome in a high stress environment, it is really helping me.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So many problems can be avoided by getting a proper diet, but we think we know better than the body... until our ignorance hits us in the face when the body cant take any more neglect.
In a lot of cases it can be, but STC is not one of those.

The issue is that everything is fortified with calcium needlessly based on a long held, archaic notion that osteoporosis and bone loss is caused by lack of calcium. Its not true, its caused by lack of Magnesium, Vitamin D and Vitamin K2 allowing the calcium to go to the bones instead of getting stuck in the soft tissues. So we take in roughly 6-8X the amount of calcium we need on a daily basis, but don't take in the balancing vitamins and minerals to deal with it. It is like taking a teeter totter and putting a big fat 300 lb man on one end and a 6 year old kid on the other end...completely out of balance. If anything, they need to be fortifying foods with Vitamin D, Vitamin K2 and Magnesium, which the majority of people(at least 70% if not much higher) are completely inadequate in.

Calcium is out of control and its causing lots of issues...researchers are starting to hone in on the fact that excess calcium is one of the main reasons why autoimmune diseases are skyrocketing...

Weigt08

Banned
Reaction score
My psychologist told me that I must accept that times will be good and bad. Keep fighting and ride this out until its good again and it will come as you have experienced.Searching for good Drs is just part of living with chronic illness. We just have to keep searching. I know I have found a very caring doctor and I am very grateful.