Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Massive Strength Gains from long overdue Chiropractic adjustment

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was long overdue for a chiropractic adjustment, having last gone in November of last year. I typically go every 3 months or so, but for one reason or another I just hadn't gone.

That was last Wednesday. What has happened in the days that have followed have been both eye opening and something I have never experienced before. Doing absolutely nothing different, my strength has literally gone through the roof.

last week I was doing 255 lbs for a few reps on the bench and thinking to myself "WTF am I struggling with this weight?? I used to hammer 8 reps at 275 no issues". After the adjustment, on this past Monday I hammered multiple sets over 255lbs...275, 285, 295 and finally 315. Like it was nothing. This was after I did 3 sets of dips, the first of which I cranked out 30 reps straight.

Did 5x5 Hack Squat trap shrugs with 550 lbs yesterday like it was nothing...I could have hit 600 lbs easily. Bicep curls 65lb DBs for multiple sets(never gone above 60 DB in my life). 45lb Concentration curls for multiple sets(never gone above 40 lbs before in my life). 110 lb Tricep Rope pulldowns(never above 95 lbs before in my life)...I was like a kid in a candy store...whatever weight I wanted to lift I just lifted it...

So I'm sitting here racking my brain as to WTF is going on...it honestly felt like I had taken D-Bol but without taking anything. So then I realized that the only thing that had been different was that I went to the chiropractor last week, and I started trying to see if there was any precedence for this happening from a chiropractic adjustment and lo and behold, I found this:

http://sportsmednw.com/adjust-your-...t-strength-increases-with-spinal-adjustments/

An excerpt:

"I did come across a long-term case study (2) that followed the treatment of an 18 year old patient who had a greatly reduced lumbar curve. The clinician sent the patient to his high school strength coach to test his baseline bench press single repetition max which was 245 pounds. Over the course of a 16 week treatment period which restored his lumbar curve to 31 degrees his bench press max increased by 60 pounds to 305 pounds and he was not bench pressing at all over that entire four month stretch. You would expect his numbers to go down not up. This study supports the premise that a normal lumbar lordosis provides inherent biomechanical stability and strength."

So bottom line is, I am NEVER missing a scheduled 3 month adjustment again. It was a night and day difference in the gym in terms of weight I was lifting. And for anyone who has never gotten an adjustment and is lifting regularly, or for those who are long overdue like I was, you are leaving a lot of weight on the floor at the gym from it, and by extension a lot of strength and size gains as well.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna book one in, never had one and my back is constantly in pain. If I drive more than 200 miles a day my lower back and upper back are throbbing with pain.

@marmel75 what are your thoughts on cupping? I am considering trying it to get tension out of my knees.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure on that...I can tell you without a doubt the one thing that helped me with back issues I used to have constantly from deadlifting and squatting was doing something called Foundation Training, which was actually designed by a chiropractor.

Its a 12 minute video and at the end he says "If you do this every day, no back pain ever!" and it couldn't be more true. Within 6-8 weeks my back pain went away completely and has never returned.

It teaches you how to use your posterior chain properly, and in and of itself is TREMENDOUS for strengthening and gaining size in your glutes and hamstrings because you are basically causing those areas to support your entire body weight for a good portion of the workout. It seems really simple, but when you do it properly it is extremely difficult. An added benefit is that it will add a LOT of weight to your squats and deadlifts as well.

I'd recommend you start doing it at least 4-5 days a week. Your lower back will be really tight for about a week or so until you have strengthened your muscles enough but once you get used to it, it will be a night and day difference.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What marmel said, I cannot stress its importance. The 11 minute founder workout is really exhausting. You can start out by doing the simplified 4 minute beginner version and move to the more complex one after a couple of weeks

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What marmel said, I cannot stress its importance. The 11 minute founder workout is really exhausting. You can start out by doing the simplified 4 minute beginner version and move to the more complex one after a couple of weeks

Lol, forgot about the 4 minute beginner one!