Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Life/Career/Divorce Coach

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup fellow DJs,

Just curious if any of you guys have ever hired a temp life/career/divorce coach to help you recalibrate your DJ direction. If so, could you share briefly in your experience how some coaching changed your life for the better?

It's nice to get help/advice on this forum, read a book, join a support/social group, or individual counseling but sometimes you need someone with wisdom, trained license and life experience to navigate life's challenges who is trained and has seasoned decades in life and can hold you accountable.

I've Googled a few websites, but I haven't found one or known anyone with a referral that would personally recommend someone they've used to help them get back on track. I also know they can get expensive depending on which coach is selected, so I want to keep my cost to a manageable rate.

I'm going through the big three right now life/career/divorce and want to keep those details private. I want to get my ducks in a row as I embark on a new life detached and hope to use my new time alone to retool my life with better financial stability/security to weather my prime years to follow.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The very best lessons come from experience. Not some other guys, yours. The best coach would simply ask you what you want, get you VERY CLEAR on what you want, and then tell you to go out and try stuff to get it. Then you'd report back to your coach, and discuss what worked and what didn't. Then you would take your new knowledge and understanding, and try again.

And you can do all of this without a coach. Just figure out what you want, and try something each and every day to try and get it. Or learn skills on how to get it. Then write in your journal ever night:

1) What I Did
2) What Happened
3) What I Learned
4) What I Can Do Next Time

The real value of a coach is not in their experience, or license, or rates, or social proof. It's they keep you on track. If you can keep yourself on track, you do not need a coach. I would suggest that for most people that hire coaches, going to their coaching sessions is a REPLACEMENT for taking daily RISKY action that is required for any kind of success.

logicallefty

Reaction score
This site is all I need outside of my own self, but not saying hiring a coach would be bad. To each their own. Whatever works.. Like tiayuu_otoko, I too use experience as my primary. But this site helps polish, confirm, and tune what I learn on my own. I think we have a great thing going here.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was an insightful reply taiyuu. I think there's a lot to be said about experience here. As I read your reply, a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote ran through my mind, "all life is an experiment, the more experiments you make, the better."

Along the same lines of experience, I was also thinking about Robert Kiyosaki's famous book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad." I haven't read it in ages, but what I remember taking away from the book reading it in my early 20s was that Kiyoasaki got successful as he did because he did a lot of different jobs which garnered him a lot of various life and job skill experiences. He was able to apply his acquired knowledge in one field into success of another field.

Or take Arnold Schwarzenegger as another success story, he had a successful body building career, acting, real estate investing success and then entered the political arena as he got older.

I thought a career coach would be good idea to figure out what I want to do with my career up in the air, but from what I'm hearing... it seems like they are really just "accountability" coaches for a lack of a better term. You pay them to call/text/skype/email or meet in person regularly to see how the progress is going and to help make any necessary adjustments. Now going off of daily/weekly/monthly experiences and writing in a journal with insights of the day, I could hopefully improve decision making skills and decide what to do with that experience.

I'm take a few prereqs in a different industry field currently and exploring the waters, so to speak. I'm in the midst of a separation and divorce while preparing our joint home for sell. At the same time this is happening, I work full time and have 9 units I'm taking after work. I want to get into a shadow/volunteer program soon for two different healthcare career prospects to see if I like the line of work before I apply for two separate 1-2 year programs. I think those two programs will help me get the experience to know if I want to pursue them or stay in my current field that isn't as stable for future financial prospects.

My wife was the bread winner and we had planned on me being the stay at home dad until I rejoined the workforce fulltime after child rearing. Now, faced with a divorce in process, I'm trying to suddenly figure out what to do with my life now. There's a lot of opportunity for self-growth here... financially, self-reliance, soft skills like cooking, hobbies, health/fitness goals, volunteering, shadow programs, spiritual, etc. I'm putting off dating or at least serious relationships for a while until my career looks brighter and more stable.

TLDR: Soon to be a divorced guy, trying to figure out what to do with his future in question. Mostly career aspirations.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A coach isn't just a personal cheerleader. It's someone who helps you find an outside perspective.

I actively Life/Dating Coach people. It's about bringing people's confidence up, coming up with a plan of success, and then holding them accountable for that plan.

It's like a personal trainer in the gym. Custom plans, better results, and you push yourself harder with a coach.

I would recommend you find a good one. If you just want to Skype (for free obviously lol) you can PM me and we'll talk.