Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Law 16 (48 laws of power)

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Law 16: Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor

I'm wondering, what's a good amount of time to be gone for? Days? Weeks? Months? Years!?!

Just looking for different perspectives. :)

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
theres no clear cut answer but i double what shes doing..takes 2 hours for her to reply? then ill respond next in 4 hours. if she doesnt hmu for 3 days, ill ghost on her for a week.

fk these hoes an stupid ass games they force

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theres no clear cut answer but i double what shes doing..takes 2 hours for her to reply? then ill respond next in 4 hours. if she doesnt hmu for 3 days, ill ghost on her for a week.

And they ARE hoez. The games entertain them.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@wifehunter, I imagine you wouldn't worry as much about law 16 if those plates were spinning. If you can't spin, focus on hobbies, career, social spheres, hanging out with the bros, etc. in between dates or hooking up. When you're too busy and your life is filled with interesting and dynamic interests, absence flows naturally w/o much exertion.

BraddH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Omg ive forgtten her long ago if i wont talk to her for a week. What is wrong with you?

Rippy

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends.

@wifehunter, I imagine you wouldn't worry as much about law 16 if those plates were spinning. If you can't spin, focus on hobbies, career, social spheres, hanging out with the bros, etc. in between dates or hooking up. When you're too busy and your life is filled with interesting and dynamic interests, absence flows naturally w/o much exertion.
So true. But you gotta fake it till you make it.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bingo bingo bingo bingo!!!!!!

Put your phone away or on silent and just go do a hobby, a walk, grab a drink with a friend. Most valuable thing somebody said around here is that you don't have to respond to every text unless she straight up asks a question. And even then still ghost for a bit. Might've been @Poon King. Most of the crap/statements they text out because they're bored and it's really not interesting. Why give them validation. Just remember, you're probably not the only guy she's snapchatting good morning to.

If you say you have a hectic schedule all week, stay congruent with that till the end. If she initiates, text after business hours or a workout. Be sporadic and not the same. All other guys may blow up her phone due to separation anxiety, yet she's still waiting for the validation text from you and she'll be the most excited for yours and that's a good thing. Be busy and do stuff and it will all fall into place.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omg ive forgtten her long ago if i wont talk to her for a week. What is wrong with you?
Yea but if you ghost for a week and are interested still in hanging out, she'll know you're intentionally doing it. It's about being subtle. With my plates, I'll text every 2-3 days to setup stuff and tell them it's a deadline week. if I'm tired I'll reschedule for a few days later. Keeps it at 1 date/week, shows no game playing, and enough interest to still wanna boink them for now

Last edited:

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Law 16: Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor

I'm wondering, what's a good amount of time to be gone for? Days? Weeks? Months? Years!?!

Just looking for different perspectives. :)
After respect, space is the most important aspect of any relationship. I say this a lot and it's mostly the women
who nod their head vigorously in agreement, their menfolk obviously suffocating the life out of them.

The Law really states.......give them the gift of missing you......

The good old Doc (seen as you're a fan) asked to describe challenge responded:
it's the difference of her saying to you......."can we see each other more?" rather than her saying "I need more space"

There is no set time.........and again....what sexual strategy are you referring to? plate spinning or relationship game?

This is a law, that works best when you recognize that you're doing the opposite.....and you realize you're fvcking breaking this law of
power, thus you are inevitably going to lose power......

To apply it purposefully..........would depend on the context............for example if a plate or your gf was taking liberties of some kind or just being a nagging bytch (I can't stand complainers so I would use it here ) ..........I would apply a little dread game and this law would come into play..........I'd simply not answer my phone or switch it off............and go do other things........

of course this law comes into play naturally when you're naturally busy living your life productively..

Serenity

Reaction score
That's the law of how to be forgotten.

1. Your actions depends on hers.
2. If she plays by the same rules it will fizzle out into nothing.
3. This sounds like a forced game, you can blame yourself too.

I think it's good not to be a suffocating and needy idiot, but this "law" certainly has it's limits. Many guys keeps their distance even if she wants more contact, while the point is to sense when it's getting too much and back off a bit.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to be fluid but also understand your own value. The guy I see always initiates but he does so on his own time table, every few days or so. He is very busy. I know he has thought of me because he sends a text. I always await his contact and always respond.

My response communicates my continued interest. His initiation & contact communicates his. Simple.

Once a a while he will text and say Chat? I make myself available when he creates time for a conversation.

We each respect & value the other because there is NO incessant chatter. He initiates & pursues but doesn't suffocate me at all. It's great.

If he messages and I am going to be in his area I let him know in response to his contact. He without fail picks up that information & asks for a date.

That is what Law 16 looks like in action. This has been going now 18 months. Impeccable inner game, respect and space. As a result we are both still interested in & intrigued by the other.

Never undersell your value...but it is a bit of a dance once you are seeing someone for awhile.

His contact is always a well recieved pleasure.
And he knows I am NOT an insecure woman.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be a contrarian here and say the the 16 Laws of Power are not really "laws," meaning they are NOT THINGS to DO to CREATE power. They are observable things "Powerful people" do.

Which is, in essence, all "game" really is. A "modeling" of what "naturals" do naturally.

If you have to THINK about how you behave, you're really trying to behave CONTRARY to what your instincts are telling you to do.

It's nearly impossible to override your instincts with consciously chosen action for very long.

You might consider the 16 Laws as a reference point to measure your current, "natural" behavior against, something to aspire to that you do NATURALLY rather than a set of rules to live by.

If she doesn't respect and admire the "natural" you, she's certainly not going to admire and respect the "pretending to be powerful by being absent" you.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. If it's contrived it's not going to work. Agree 100%

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you say you have a hectic schedule all week, stay congruent with that till the end. If she initiates, text after business hours or a workout. Be sporadic and not the same. All other guys may blow up her phone due to separation anxiety, yet she's still waiting for the validation text from you and she'll be the most excited for yours and that's a good thing. Be busy and do stuff and it will all fall into place.
Absolutely. Don't text back immediately. Be somewhere about doing something fun that you're too busy to text. Get back to the plate later when you're free and can spare a minute to drop a line or plan a date.

Exactly, I probably learned from PK too... it's honestly about having an interesting life that isn't centered around dating. That's one of the things I picked up from this forum that's helping me improve confidence that I had lost in my ten year LTR.

I hang in diverse social spheres and I can't count how many times I'm drinking a round and I see bros thumbing through Tinder, Facebook, Bumble, POF, Match, whatever on their phone like women. I ask them what they're up to and they usually talk about video games, work, or the ONEitis girl they're seeing off and on (no plate spinning, so there's noticeable anxiety there, or they put up with a girl that has low interest level invested in him). Rarely do I talk to another buddy and he tells me about the old automobile he bought that he's restoring in his garage. It seems to be a lost art in this day and age.

I admire the people that have many hobbies and they work on those skills because it's fun and they love the challenge - there's noticeable passion. You hear it in their voice and expressions - there's respect. I enjoy talking to them because it's cool to see where they're at in their progression.

A dude I talked to two months ago just got out of a relationship with a girl he met off OLD, lived with for her two years before going their own way. He was on the same site he met her already lining on dates the day she moved out. I thought man you're single, go out and live the dream, dude. Go take up a new challenge not centered on women. Go climb a tall @ss mountain with 4,000+ elevation gain. Learn another language. Take an amazing journey some where around the world by yourself. Develop interesting perspectives that make you well-rounded as a person. I guess it's like some women I meet. I don't like the ones where all they do is serial date orbiters. They don't work out, they don't eat right or can't cook for sh!t, they just look for the next monkey branch to jump on for a quick fling while not learning anything new about themselves.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
to the mod who deleted my post, thank you..it was out of line.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
That's the law of how to be forgotten.

1. Your actions depends on hers.
2. If she plays by the same rules it will fizzle out into nothing.
3. This sounds like a forced game, you can blame yourself too.

I think it's good not to be a suffocating and needy idiot, but this "law" certainly has it's limits. Many guys keeps their distance even if she wants more contact, while the point is to sense when it's getting too much and back off a bit.
"At the start of an affair, you need to heighten your presence in the eyes of the other. If you absent yourself too early, you may be forgotten. But once your lover's emotions are engaged, and the feeling of love has crystallized, absence inflames and excites......"

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get it! But, for me, still need that balance. I tend to error on the side of being more absent. I naturally, have a lot going on.

Sometimes, I just want to dissappear forever.

Serenity

Reaction score
"At the start of an affair, you need to heighten your presence in the eyes of the other. If you absent yourself too early, you may be forgotten. But once your lover's emotions are engaged, and the feeling of love has crystallized, absence inflames and excites......"
".....up to the point they realize you're wasting their time."