Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lack of Sleep and Carbs

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could only sleep for 3 hours yesterday night, and I'm feeling really weird toward carbs. I've been eating low carb for almost 1,5 years now, and I love it, so I don't really have problems with it. But since this morning I only can think about eating a tuna and lettuce sandwich (spaniard way, of course), and spaguetti lol.

Have you guys experienced something like this some time?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably should once in a while. Carb's aren't necessarily "bad", it's just unnecessary to put that much FUEL into your body when your not a pro-athelete and mostly sedentary. You learn about the fuel different carbs provide when you deplete carbs and you only add that one carb source. I was doing real good with low carb during most of the day and a light carb up via oranges or orange juice about 30 minutes before my workout.

Armourhead

Don Juan
Reaction score
Could just be a random fluctuation. Maybe you've lost some weight from training hard and your appetite is creeping back up.

When I diet down to single digit bodyfat % I start to crave carbs like mad.

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@mrgoodstuff yeah, maybe I should add fruit to my diet, especially before exercising. I will try it for a couple of weeks and see how it works
@Armourhead I think you are right, I'm on a cut and maybe my body has to adjust.
Well, anyhow, I already had a good night of sleep and I feel normal already.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@mrgoodstuff yeah, maybe I should add fruit to my diet, especially before exercising. I will try it for a couple of weeks and see how it works
@Armourhead I think you are right, I'm on a cut and maybe my body has to adjust.
Well, anyhow, I already had a good night of sleep and I feel normal already.
For some reason actual orange or grapefruit gave me more energy than the juice, possibly because the juice wasn't 100% real orange or grapefruit juice. But one or two oranges before a workout yields a lot of energy, and if you have depleted energy in a long workout, an orange after you workout perks you energy levels right up. You notice in 20-30 mins.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lack of sleep increases Ghrelin the hormone that tells your body it's hungry. It also changes brain functioning, lessening activity in the front of the brain that has to do with complex decision making and increasing activity in the part of the brain that has to do with rewards and cravings(junk food, carbs, etc). Study is below.

http://news.berkeley.edu/2013/08/06/poor-sleep-junk-food/

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@mrgoodstuff I will implement your orange supplement next week haha, I'll see how it works for me, thanks for the tip
@marmel75 thank you for the study, it's good to know that there is an explanation, because I was like wtf is wrong with me today haha

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@mrgoodstuff I will implement your orange supplement next week haha, I'll see how it works for me, thanks for the tip
@marmel75 thank you for the study, it's good to know that there is an explanation, because I was like wtf is wrong with me today haha
Yeah it works like magic. I was surprised natural nutrition can have such a noticeable effect.

I was doing a no carb deal to get fat down, and sometimes I would have an orange just right before my workout to have sufficient energy to power thru it. It worked too.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could only sleep for 3 hours yesterday night,

I drink a lot of coffee, never with sugar. In cold weather, I like it with a little coconut oil. In hot weather, I drink it black over ice. It's great re-hydration when hung over.

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could only sleep for 3 hours yesterday night,

I drink a lot of coffee, never with sugar. In cold weather, I like it with a little coconut oil. In hot weather, I drink it black over ice. It's great re-hydration when hung over.
Are you me? I like adding almond liquor instead of coconut oil, but the rest is the same lol.

Mrgoodstuff, I forgot to report back, I've been eating oranges before exercising, sometimes kiwis instead, but yeah, makes working out way easier. Thanks for the tip!