Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Knee

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys wear knee support when you are squatting or going for a jog?

I've had a slight pain in my knee when I go running & when I do a lot of walking.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, if you are having knee pain, I'd strongly recommend against doing back squats

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Knee pain just about always comes from inadequate flexibility. Basically your hip flexors are too tight and your knees collapsing inwards. I play heaps of racquet sports and have had niggles for knee support is an excellent idea. with NY problems reverse lunges are an excellent exercise because they don't put too much pressure on the knee. Do them wearing your knee supports and try and get your body weight over the middle toe of each foot. And Google some hip flexor stretches because that's probably the root cause. If the pain is on the side it's probably hip flexors. If the pain is underneath your knee cap towards your s*** you need hamstring stretches.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This site has some reasonable stretches
http://greatist.com/move/knee-pain-relief

If you have joint issues I'd also suggest supplementing with glucosamine with MSM, animal gelatin you can just dissolving in liquid food and fish oil. This will give your body the nutrients it needs to repair cartilage. BTW if you have Vietnamese restaurants nearby an easy and delicious way to get your gelatin is to order the beef pho with tendon couple of times a week

Billtx49

Reaction score
Strongly suggest you see a Dr. to get muscles, bone structure, and ligaments checked out. Twisted a knee 7 years ago and bowled leagues two times a week during that time. Took 2+ years using Aleve on bowling nights for it to get well again. Prescription meds if needed will help it get better sooner. See a professional if you need to.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys :) I've always been active. I played football from age 10 til 17. I've also done circuit training, & bodybuilding. I go running & ride my mountain bike.
First time I felt the knee pain was a few years ago when I started running on the treadmill. I never used a treadmill prior to that. So I stopped using the treadmill because I thought it was to hard a surface to be running on, causing to much pain to my knee. I started running on grass instead & had no problems with my knee.

My knees get a burning sensation & also a little pain. It happens after I've been training my legs with squats or a long run or even a long walk nowadays. So it's not just due to squatting as I've had pain in my knee before I started doing squats as an exercise.

Any advice on my how to move forward?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys :) I've always been active. I played football from age 10 til 17. I've also done circuit training, & bodybuilding. I go running & ride my mountain bike.
First time I felt the knee pain was a few years ago when I started running on the treadmill. I never used a treadmill prior to that. So I stopped using the treadmill because I thought it was to hard a surface to be running on, causing to much pain to my knee. I started running on grass instead & had no problems with my knee.

My knees get a burning sensation & also a little pain. It happens after I've been training my legs with squats or a long run or even a long walk nowadays. So it's not just due to squatting as I've had pain in my knee before I started doing squats as an exercise.

Any advice on my how to move forward?
Stop doing backsquats. You don't need to do them to get good legs. My legs have not lost any size or muscle since I stopped doing backsquats, they are still jacked. and when I say jacked, mean bigger and more muscular than 99% of the posters on this site and 95% of people in the world.

Do hacksquats, Lunges, Split Squats, Jump squats(with and without weight), leg presses, etc...band squats are very effective as well

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you be a bit more precise on the location and nature of the pain

Billtx49

Reaction score
Treat your body well now so you don't regret not doing so later in your life…

Last edited:

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our body is the machine that gets us through life, so it is of upmost importance to me. I eat the right foods, exercise & try not to worry.

I think I will make an appointment to see the doctor about my knees.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah good call you shouldn't be having that kind of pain at your age

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And in the mean time for exercise I'd suggest hit the swimming pool. It's a full body workout and I've never heard of anyone f****** themself up in the pool

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score