Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

JonJaper's workout log

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was chest/shoulders/abs day

5mins warmup on the 'exercise bike for arms'
2 sets incline DB warmup, 2x26 pound dumbbells, 10 reps

Max effort incline DB press: 2 sets, 2x52.5 pound dumbbells (so 105 pounds in total), 5 reps to failure.

Assisted dips: 2 sets, 1st set wass 15 pounds of assistance (less assistance = progress), 9 reps to failure, went heavier on the 2nd set and reduced assistance to 13 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Barbell bench press: 2 sets, 110 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Military press: 2 sets, 2x44 pound dumbbells (so 88 pounds in total), 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell side laterals: 1 set, 2x22 pound dummbells (so 44 pounds in total), 14 reps to failure

The decline bench in my gym is broken so I did machine crunches, 2 sets, 55 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

Hanging leg raises:1 set, bodyweight, 20 reps, I think I can do them weighted now...I'm wondering how I can attach a weight to my legs to do this. I'll try using one of those belts that you can attach weights to, but tie the belt around my ankles instead of around my waist.

Any numbers in bold represent increases from last week.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was thighs/biceps/triceps day:

5 mins warmup on a crosstrainer (to get blood flowing to the arms and legs)
2 sets warmup squats, 88 pounds, 10 reps

Max effort squats: 2 sets, 198 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell lunges: 1 set, 2x57 pound dumbbells (so 114 pounds in total) , 7 reps to failure

Stiff-legged deadlifts: (My back is completely better now but I'm still cautious about injuring my back so I'm gradually bringing the weight up and not going to failure): 2 sets, 220 pounds, 5 reps

Leg curls: 1 set, 115 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Barbell curls:2 sets, 77 pounds, 7 reps to failure.

Cable pushdowns: 2 sets, 71 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Standing hammer curls: 1 set, 2x35 pound dumbbells (so 70 pounds in total), 5 reps to failure

Overhead dumbbell extensions: 1 set, 1x61 pound dumbbell, 6 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was back/calves/forearms day:

Warmup: 5 mins on that 'exercise bike for arms'
2 warmup deadlift sets, 132 pounds, 10 reps.

Max effort deadlifts: 2 sets, 281 pounds 6 reps to failure on the 1st set, 5 reps to failure on the 2nd set.

Kroc rows: 2 sets, 84 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

Assisted chinups: 2 sets, 15 pounds assistance, 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell shrugs: 2 sets, 165 pounds, 10 reps to failure

Calf raises on a Smith machine standing on a platform: 3 sets, 297 pounds, 10 reps to failure

Barbell wrist curls: 1 set, 66 pounds, 6 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was chest/shoulders/abs day

2 sets incline DB warmup, 2x31 pound dumbbells, 10 reps

Max effort incline DB press: 2 sets, 2x52.5 pound dumbbells (so 105 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure.

Assisted dips: 2 sets, 11 pounds of assistance (less assistance = progress), 6 reps to failure. I think I will be able to do bodyweight dips soon (with 0 assistance).

Barbell bench press: 2 sets, 110 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Military press: 2 sets, 2x44 pound dumbbells (so 88 pounds in total), 6 reps to failure...this does not seem to be increasing of late :mad:

Dumbbell side laterals: 1 set, 2x26 pound dumbbells (so 52 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure

The decline bench in my gym is broken so I did machine crunches, 2 sets, 55 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

Hanging leg raises:1 set, with an 11b plate tied to my legs, 10 reps to failure

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was thighs/biceps/triceps day:

2 sets warmup squats, 94 pounds, 10 reps

Max effort squats: 2 sets, 198 pounds, 7 reps to failure

Dumbbell lunges: 1 set, 2x57 pound dumbbells (so 114 pounds in total) , 7 reps to failure

Stiff-legged deadlifts: (My back is completely better now but I'm still cautious about injuring my back so I'm gradually bringing the weight up and not going to failure): 2 sets, 220 pounds, 6 reps

Leg curls: 1 set, 115 pounds, 7 reps to failure

Barbell curls:77 pounds was not intense enough last week so I did 2 sets, 88 pounds, but only managed 3 reps to failure (cheat curling on last rep) so I drop-setted with 66 pounds, 5 reps to failure. I don't think I'm ready for 88 pounds so I'll stick to 77 pounds but increase the reps to the 8-10 range since I can do 7 reps comfortably. Either that, or I increase to 83 pounds instead of 88.

Cable pushdowns: 2 sets, 71 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Standing hammer curls: 1 set, 2x35 pound dumbbells (so 70 pounds in total), 6 reps to failure

Overhead dumbbell extensions: 1 set, 1x61 pound dumbbell, 7 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was back/calves/forearms day:

Max effort deadlifts: I ended up doing 3 sets since the 1st set was not intense enough. 1st set was 286 pounds 8 reps, but I didn't go to failure. Since it wasn't intense enough, I did 2 more sets of 297 pounds...the 2nd set was 5 reps to failure, the 3rd set was 4 reps to failure.

Kroc rows: 2 sets, 84 pounds, 11 reps to failure.

Assisted chinups: 2 sets, 15 pounds assistance, 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell shrugs: 2 sets, 165 pounds, 12 reps to failure

Calf raises on a Smith machine standing on a platform: 2 sets, 308 pounds, 9 reps to failure

Barbell wrist curls: 1 set, 66 pounds, 6 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Max effort incline DB press: 2 sets, 2x57 pound dumbbells (so 114 pounds in total), 5 reps to failure

Assisted dips: 2 sets, bodyweight i.e. 0 pounds of assistance (less assistance = progress), 7 reps to failure. I can finally do wide-grip dips without assistance :) ! Before I started working out, I couldn't even do 1 bodyweight wide-grip dip, so I'm particularly happy about this

Barbell bench press: 2 sets, 110 pounds, 6 reps to failure... my incline DB is stronger than my flat barbell bench press LOLwtf?!!

Military press: 2 sets, 1st set was 2x44 pound dumbbells (so 88 pounds in total), 8 reps, this wasn't intense enough and I didn't go to failure...so for the 2nd set I did 2x48 pound dumbbells, 5 reps to failure... my spotter helped me out a fair bit for the last rep though lol

Dumbbell side laterals: 1 set, 2x26 pound dumbbells (so 52 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure

Hanging leg raises:1 set, with plates totalling 16 pounds tied to my legs, 10 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Max effort squats: 2 sets, 204 pounds, 1st set was 6 reps, 2nd set was 5 reps to failure.

Dumbbell lunges: 1 set, 2x61 pound dumbbells (so 122 pounds in total) , 7 reps to failure

Stiff-legged deadlifts: (My back is completely better now but I'm still cautious about injuring my back so I'm gradually bringing the weight up and not going to failure): 2 sets, 226 pounds, 5 reps

Leg curls: 1 set, 120 pounds, 7 reps to failure

Barbell curls:2 sets, 77 pounds, 8 reps, with a forced negative to failure after the 8 reps

Cable pushdowns: 2 sets, 71 pounds, 7 reps to failure

Standing hammer curls: 1 set, 2x35 pound dumbbells (so 70 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure

Overhead dumbbell extensions: 1 set, 1x66 pound dumbbell, 5 reps to failure

Next week is the last week of the 2nd workout cycle...so since I have a rest period at the end of the 8 week cycle....

Bring on:

OVERTRAINING WEEK!!!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, here's the 1st day of overtraining week!!!

Today was back/calves/forearms day, with increased set numbers/drop-sets on most exercises:

Max effort deadlifts: 3 sets, 297 pounds...the 1st 2 sets were 5 reps to failure, the 3rd set was 3 reps to failure.

Retrospectively, I think I could have done more deadlift reps (6 to failure on the 1st 2 sets atleast) had I not jerked off 1 hour before going to the gym...was just so horny LOL, it was one moment of weakness but I'll make sure it never happens again

Kroc rows: 2 sets, 84 pounds, 10 reps to failure, with a drop-set of 44 pounds, 10 reps at the end of each set

Assisted chinups: 3 sets, 15 pounds assistance, 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell shrugs: 3 sets, 165 pounds, 14 reps to failure

Calf raises on a Smith machine standing on a platform: 2 sets, 319 pounds, 10 reps to failure

Barbell wrist curls: 1 set, 66 pounds, 7 reps to failure

Was absolutely drained by the end of this, but hey that's the whole point of overtraining week!

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
huseyin143 said:
My height is 5' 7 and my weight is 61 kg please recommend a good workout for me I want to gain weight and muscles.
The workout I'm on right now is good for beginners, you could use it.

But as you can read from my log, diet is equally (or arguably MORE important)...see the diet advice that EFFORT and Quiksilver give me earlier in this thread (page 1).

I personally think making the dietary change has been the biggest factor in my gains.

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, here's the 2nd day of overtraining week!!!

Max effort incline DB press: 2 sets, 2x57 pound dumbbells (so 114 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure, immediately followed by a superset of 2x44 pound dumbbells (so 88lbs in total) at the end of each set, 5 reps to failure

Wide-grip dips: 3 sets, bodyweight, 1st 2 sets were 8 reps to failure, 3rd set was 5 reps to failure

Barbell bench press: 3 sets, 115 pounds, 1st 2 sets were 6 reps to failure...last set was 5 reps to failure

Military press: 2 sets, 1st set was 2x44 pound dumbbells (so 88 pounds in total), 8 reps to failure, immediately followed by a superset of 2x35 pound dumbbells (so 70 pounds in total) at the end of each set, 3 reps to failure

Dumbbell side laterals: 2x26 pound dumbbells (so 52 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure, immediately followed by a superset of 2x22 pound dumbbells (44 pounds total), 8 reps to failure, immediately followed by a super-superset of 2x17 pound dumbbells (34 pounds total), 7 reps to failure

Decline bench crunches with a 57 pound dumbbell, 2 sets, 10 reps to failure

Hanging leg raises: 2 sets, with plates totalling 16 pounds tied to my legs, 14 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And here's the 3rd and final day of overtraining week!!!

Max effort squats: 3 sets, 209 pounds, 1st set was 6 reps, 2nd set was 5 reps to failure, 3rd set was 4 reps to failure

Dumbbell lunges: 2 sets, 2x61 pound dumbbells (so 122 pounds in total) , 7 reps to failure

Stiff-legged deadlifts: (My back is completely better now but I'm still cautious about injuring my back so I'm gradually bringing the weight up and not going to failure): 2 sets, 231 pounds, 5 reps

Leg curls: 1 set, 130 pounds, 6 reps to failure...followed immediately by a drop-set of 110 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Barbell curls:3 sets, 83 pounds, 5 reps to failure (cheat curled the last rep in the 2nd and 3rd sets)

Cable pushdowns: 3 sets, 77 pounds, 5 reps to failure in the 1st and 2nd sets, 3 reps to failure in the 3rd set

Standing hammer curls: 1 set, 2x35 pound dumbbells (so 70 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure, followed by a drop-set of 2x22 pound dumbbells (so 44 pounds in total), 8 reps to failure...immediately followed by a forced negative on each arm.

Overhead dumbbell extensions: 1 set, 1x66 pound dumbbell, 5 reps to failure

Man...overtraining week has been more intense than ever...I was dying after every workout and my body is aching all over

..but it was so worth it!! :)

Now it's time for my rest period before another 8 week cycle

Will measure my % bodyfat and weight for an update in the near future.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So...

Overtraining week took a toll on my body...I stayed in bed eating and sleeping all day for 2 days afterwards haha!

The 2nd 8-week workout cycle is over, and I have a week of rest until my new workout cycle starts. During this time I'm off creatine and obviously off pre-workout stimulants.

It’s time to reflect and follow up on my progress :

I’ve weighed myself and checked my % bodyfat. Here’s the change:

Beginning of week 1: 138lbs, 19% bodyfat
Now (end of week 8): 155lbs, 17% bodyfat.

I’ve gained 17lbs in weight, I'm unsure as to how much of it is lean because I have been using a bioelectrical impedance machine at a drugstore to measure % bodyfat and I understand that this is unreliable.

Looking at the mirror, my abs have come out more, but I have started to get some love-handles on the side LOL. My arms have definitely got bigger and so have my thighs...I had to buy new jeans because my old ones got so tight around the thighs that they actually ripped! :crackup:

Progress on some of my lifts:

Squats:
Beginning of week 1: 176 pounds, 6-7 reps
End of week 8: 209 pounds, 6 reps

Flat barbell bench press:
Beginning of week 1: 100 pounds, 5 reps
End of week 8: 115 pounds, 6 reps

Incline dumbbell bench press:
Beginning of week 1: 2x44 (so 88 total), 7 reps
End of week 8: 2x57 pounds (so 114 total), 7 reps

Deadlifts:
Beginning of week 1: 259 pounds, 5 reps
End of week 8: 297 pounds, 5 reps

I've come a long way since I started in October as 125lbs... squatting 154lbs, benching 94lbs and deadlifting 220lbs

And I can't wait to keep progressing more!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, rest week is over, back to business!!

For the third 8-week workout cycle, the split is similar to the first cycle: (legs/abs on 1 day, chest/shoulders/triceps on another day, and back/biceps/forearms on the third day).

So here's Day 1 of the first week of the 3rd workout cycle.

As usual, all exercises (apart from the warmup sets) are done to failure.

Today was legs/abs day:

Warmup:
5 mins on treadmill to get blood flowing to the legs
2 sets of warmup squats, 94 pounds, 10 reps

Max-effort squats: 2 sets...1st set was 203.5 pounds, 8 reps...did not go to failure so for the 2nd set I increased the weight to 220 pounds, 5 reps to failure...finally hit the 220 pound (100kg) milestone!! :)

Leg press: 1 set, 297 pounds, 8 reps, did not go to failure so I did a forced negative to failure. Will increase the weight next week

Stiff-legged deadlifts: 2 sets, 242 pounds, 5 reps...again, not taking it to failure for back safety

Leg curl: 1 set, 135 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Calf raises (using a Smith machine and a raised platform): 3 sets, 319 pounds, 11 reps to failure

Kneeling rope crunches: 2 sets, 77 pounds, 10 reps to failure

Woodcutters: 1 set per side, 49.5 pounds, 10 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday (29th Feb) was chest/shoulders/triceps day

Warmup:
5 mins on that 'exercise bike for arms'
2 warmup sets of dumbbell bench press, 2x31 pound dumbbells (so 62 pounds in total), 10 reps

Dumbbell bench press: 2 sets, 2x53 pound dumbbells (so 106 pounds total), 7 reps to failure

Incline barbell bench press: 2 sets, 110 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Wide-grip dips: 2 sets, bodyweight, 8 reps to failure

Seated dumbbell military press: 2 sets, 2x44 pound dumbbells (so 88 pounds total), 8 reps to failure

Dumbbell side lateral raises: 1 set, 2x22 pound dumbbells (so 44 pounds total), 10 reps to failure

Cable tricep pushdowns: sets, 77 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Decline dumbbell skullcrushers: 1 set, 2x22 pound dumbbells (so 44 pounds total), 6 reps to failure

Chest/triceps seem to have gotten weaker after the rest period...maybe it's because I'm off creatine. We'll see how next week goes

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday (1st March) was back/traps/biceps day

Warmup:
2 warmup sets of deadlifts, 143 pounds, 10 reps

Deadlifts: 2 sets, 1st set was 297 pounds, 7 reps, didn't go to failure so for the 2nd set I increased the weight to 303 pounds, 5 reps to failure.

Funnily enough at the end of my deadlift sets I got a round of applause from people in the gym LOL!! Not sure if it was serious or sarcastic (a couple of guys seemed to be laughing), either way I don't really care about what people think. I'll just stick to what I'm doing because it's yielding results. Those idiots who laughed are the same guys who do 1/4 ROM squats of 155 pounds, week after week without deadlifting at all, making no progress and looking skinny as ever so I'm the one that's really laughing at them.

Assisted chin-ups: 2 sets, 18 pounds of assisstance, 6 reps to failure

Bent-over barbell rows: 2 sets, 99 pounds, 8 reps to failure

Barbell shrugs: 2 sets, 176 pounds, 12 reps to failure

Barbell curls: 2 sets, 84 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Seated dumbbell curls: 1 set, 2x 31 pound dumbbells (so 62 pounds in total), 6 reps to failure

Barbell wrist curls: I'm going for a higher rep range (8-12) so I'm using a lower weight...2 sets, 55 pounds, 8 reps to failure.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job on consistency and your hard work! They're probably jealous of you lol, 30 pounds of mass in 5 months is no easy feat. Keep up the good work!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was legs/abs day:

Warmup:
5 mins on treadmill to get blood flowing to the legs
2 sets of warmup squats, 94 pounds, 10 reps

Max-effort squats: 2 sets, 220 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Leg press: 1 set, 330 pounds, 7 reps to failure (this was on a different machine so not counting this as progress)

Stiff-legged deadlifts: 2 sets, 242 pounds, 6 reps...again, not taking it to failure for back safety

Leg curl: 1 set, 135 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Calf raises (using a Smith machine and a raised platform): 3 sets, 319 pounds, 12 reps to failure

Kneeling rope crunches: 2 sets, 88 pounds, 8 reps to failure

Woodcutters: 1 set per side, 49.5 pounds, 10 reps to failure

All numbers in bold represent increases from last week

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was chest/shoulders/triceps day

Warmup:
2 warmup sets of dumbbell bench press, 2x31 pound dumbbells (so 62 pounds in total), 10 reps

Dumbbell bench press: 2 sets, 2x57 pound dumbbells (so 114 pounds total), 5 reps to failure

Incline barbell bench press: 2 sets, 121 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Wide-grip dips: 2 sets, with an 11 pound plate attached to a belt, 5 reps to failure

Seated dumbbell military press: 2 sets, 2x48 pound dumbbells (so 96 pounds total), 3 reps to failure, followed immediately by a drop-set of 2x44 pound dumbbells, 3 reps to failure....still can't do 2x48 pound dumbbell presses for 5-7 reps, but can do 2x44 pound dumbbell presses for 8 reps without failure...if only they had 46 pound dumbbells LOL!

But they don't have 46 pound dumbbells... so I'm gonna have to keep using the 48 pounders and drop setting with the 44 pounders until I can manage at least 5 reps with 2x48 pounds. As long as my strength keeps going up, I don't mind... I really don't want to have to reduce the weight here, because that's not what's gonna stimulate my muscles to grow.

Dumbbell side lateral raises: 1 set, 2x22 pound dumbbells (so 44 pounds total), 10 reps to failure

Cable tricep pushdowns: sets, 77 pounds, 5 reps to failure

Decline dumbbell skullcrushers: 1 set, 2x22 pound dumbbells (so 44 pounds total), 7 reps to failure

I did an extra set of DB bench press at the end of the whole workout with a reduced weight of 2x44 pounds, around 8 reps to failure (remember my chest is already exhausted by this point), I think I was anxious that my chest is not developing and progressing as well as I thought...doesn't hurt to push it once in a while...as long as I don't overtrain and overexert the chest every workout.

But hey, I guess I shouldn't be impatient, my chest is progressing, albeit slowly...I just gotta be levelheaded and not get carried away.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't updated this in a while...but don't worry folks, I've still been working out consistently!

Just haven't logged on to SoSuave for some time.

Last Thursday (8th March) was back/traps/biceps day

Warmup:
2 warmup sets of deadlifts, 143 pounds, 10 reps

Deadlifts: 2 sets, 303 pounds, 7 reps to failure...gonna increase weight next week.

Got another round of applause at the end of each of my sets lol...it's not even that much weight, maybe people are just surprised to see someone of my size deadlift that much.

Assisted chin-ups: 2 sets, 18 pounds of assisstance, 6 reps to failure

Bent-over barbell rows: 2 sets, 110 pounds, 8 reps to failure

Barbell shrugs: 2 sets, 176 pounds, 13 reps to failure

I went in to the gym late, and closing time was near...so I had to rush the rest of my workout and cut down on my rest time...subsequently did not make much progress from last week

Barbell curls: 2 sets, 84 pounds, 6 reps to failure

Seated dumbbell curls: 1 set, 2x 31 pound dumbbells (so 62 pounds in total), 6 reps to failure

Barbell wrist curls: I'm going for a higher rep range (8-12) so I'm using a lower weight...2 sets, 55 pounds, 8 reps to failure.

Any numbers in bold represent increases from last week