Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

JonJaper's workout log

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was Chest/tricep/shoulder day:

Warmup: 5 mins on the 'exercise bike for arms'.

2 warmup bench press sets (66 pounds), 10 reps

Max effort bench press (my upper body strength sucks so it's really light...but that will improve with time and effort): 88 pounds with better form (ie lowering the bar all the way down to my nipples, contracting my shoulder blades together so my chest is out and my shoulders are back), 6 reps to failure.

Incline dumbbell press: 44 pound dumbbells on each arm so 88 pounds in total , 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

My dumbell incline press is the same as my barbell bench press... wtf :confused:

Tricep dips: assisted with machine, 15 pounds assistance (less assistance from machine = progress), 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Seated dumbbell press: 35 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 70 pounds in total, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Side lateral raises: 22 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 44 pounds in total, 2 sets, 10 reps to failure

Tricep cable pulldowns: 50 pounds, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell french press aka overhead tricep extension: 1 dumbbell lifted with 2 hands, 44 pounds in total, 1 set, 6 reps to failure

Any numbers in bold represent increases from last week.

I'm noticing my chest + triceps aren't progressing as well as my other body parts...

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was back/bicep day:

Warmup: 5 mins on that 'exercise bike for arms'

2 warmup deadlift sets, 10 reps, 88 pounds

Max effort deadlifts: 2 sets, 242 pounds, 6 reps to failure on 1st set, got a little carried away on the 2nd set and tried 7 reps, I think I strained my lower back in the process of that final 7th rep, FML!!.

Overhand chin-ups: assisted machine, 18 pounds of assistance, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Bent-over barbell rows: 2 sets, 88 pounds, 6 reps to failure.

Barbell shrugs: 2 sets, 138 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

Barbell curls: 2 sets, 66 pounds, 6 reps to failure.

Seated hammer curls: 30 pounds on each arm so 60 pounds in total, 4 reps to failure so I drop-setted to 2x26pound dumbells (so 52 pounds in total)...4 reps to failure.

Wrist curls: 44 pounds, 6 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was Leg + Abs day:

All exercises are performed with max intensity (unless it's a warmup), to failure if possible.

Warmup:
5 mins very light treadmill warmup to get blood flowing to the legs
2 sets of warmup squats, 88 pounds, 10 reps, very light to warm up the legs

I'm at a local gym (not my university gym) for a few days where they don't have a free-standing olympic bar (WTF!!) so I have to resort to a Smith machine for squats and an EZ bar for stiff-legged deadlifts...FML!

2 sets of max effort squats, 176 pounds, 7 reps on 1st set, 6 reps on 2nd set. Just to make matters worse...this Smith machine is one of those $hitty ones where the bar goes down at a slant and not straight. This was an absolute b!tch on my back and I felt my lower back strain. Hope it doesn't worsen the lower back strain that I got on my last deadlift day (see post #42 above)!

1 set of leg press, 275 pounds (on a different machine from last week so you can't compare), 6 reps to failure

My lower back isn't feeling too good so I took it easy on the stiff-legged deadlifts, doing a much lighter weight... 2 sets, 132 pounds, 10 reps. Last thing I need now is a lower back injury.

1 set of leg curl on a machine, 100 pounds, 7 reps to failure.

3 sets of seated calf raises (on a seated calf extension machine, different to last week's machine so you can't compare): 181 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

2 sets of kneeling rope crunches, 90 pounds, 6 reps to failure

1 set (for each side of my obliques) of woodcutters, 38 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

All numbers in bold represent increases from last week.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was chest/tricep/shoulder day:

Still at that local gym which has a $hitty smith machine + no barbell, so I'm bench pressing with dumbbells. I'll be there for the rest of this week + next week as my university gym is getting refurbished.

2 warmup bench press sets (2x33 pound dumbbells, so 66 pounds), 10 reps

Max effort bench press (my upper body strength sucks so it's really light...but that will improve with time and effort): 1st set: 2x50 pound dumbbells so 100 pounds in total, 4 reps + failed on 5th rep so for the 2nd set I dropped down to 2x44 pound dumbbells (so 88 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure. If only they had 46 or 48 pound dumbbells...

Incline dumbbell press: 44 pound dumbbells on each arm so 88 pounds in total , 2 sets, 6 reps to failure.

Tricep dips: assisted with machine, 15 pounds assistance (less assistance from machine = progress), 2 sets, 7 reps to failure.

Seated dumbbell press: 1st set: 38 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 76 pounds in total, 5 reps to failure. 2nd set: I couldn't even lift the 76 pound dumbbells up to starting position LOL....so I did 2x33 pound dumbbells (so 66 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure. I rested for about 3-4mins between sets, maybe I should have rested more so that my 2nd set could have also been 76 pounds.

Side lateral raises: 22 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 44 pounds in total, 2 sets, 11 reps to failure

Tricep cable pulldowns: 50 pounds, 2 sets, 6 reps to failure

Dumbbell french press aka overhead tricep extension: 1 dumbbell lifted with 2 hands, 44 pounds in total, 1 set, 7 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was back/bicep day:

Since this local gym doesn't have an olympic bar, I'm doing deadlifts on that $hitty slanted Smith machine, dumbbell Kroc rows instead of bent over barbell rows, dumbbell shrugs instead of barbell shrugs, dumbbell curls instead of barbell curls and dumbbell wrist curls instead of barbell wrist curls

Max effort deadlifts: 2 sets, 253 pounds, 7 reps, didn't go to failure... I think the Smith machine makes the lifts easier so I won't count this as progress from last week.

Overhand chin-ups: assisted machine, 18 pounds of assistance, 2 sets, 8 reps to failure.

Dumbbell Kroc rows: 2 sets, 50 pounds for 1 side (so in effect 100 pounds in total even though I did each side separately) 7 reps to failure.

Dumbbell shrugs: 2 sets, 2x66 pound dumbbells (so 132 pounds in total) , 11 reps to failure.

Dumbbell curls: 2 sets, 2x33 pound dumbells (so 66 pounds in total), 6 reps to failure.

Seated hammer curls: 2x28pound dumbells (so 56 pounds in total)...5 reps to failure

Dumbbell wrist curls: 2x22 pound dumbbells (so 44 pounds in total), 6 reps to failure

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work. Try and get higher reps on the Kroc rows. 12-20 is a good range. How's the bodyweight?

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Good work. Try and get higher reps on the Kroc rows. 12-20 is a good range. How's the bodyweight?
How come Kroc rows should have higher reps? Aren't they primarily a short-burst/explosive movement working lats?

I'm gonna measure bodyweight and % bodyfat at the end of my 8 week workout cycle and use that as a comparison for my starting stats. So far I've just completed week 6 so I got another couple of weeks before I check my bodyweight and bodyfat.

Although I have a feeling that the bodyfat is going to go up LOL...that's the flaw of bulking I guess.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was Leg + Abs day:

All exercises are performed with max intensity (unless it's a warmup), to failure if possible.

Warmup:

I'm at a local gym (not my university gym) for a few days where they don't have a free-standing olympic bar (WTF!!) so I have to resort to a Smith machine that goes down at a slant for squats and an EZ bar for stiff-legged deadlifts...FML!

2 sets of max effort squats, 2 sets, 181 pounds, 6 reps to failure

1 set of leg press, 275 pounds, 8 reps to failure

Still taking it easy on the lower back, don't want to injure it so I'm going light with the stiff-legged deadlifts... 2 sets, 132 pounds, 10 reps.

1 set of leg curl on a machine, 100 pounds, 8 reps to failure.

3 sets of seated calf raises (on a seated calf extension machine): 181 pounds, 12 reps to failure.

2 sets of kneeling rope crunches, 90 pounds, 8 reps to failure

1 set (for each side of my obliques) of woodcutters, 40 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JonJaper said:
How come Kroc rows should have higher reps? Aren't they primarily a short-burst/explosive movement working lats?

I'm gonna measure bodyweight and % bodyfat at the end of my 8 week workout cycle and use that as a comparison for my starting stats. So far I've just completed week 6 so I got another couple of weeks before I check my bodyweight and bodyfat.

Although I have a feeling that the bodyfat is going to go up LOL...that's the flaw of bulking I guess.
Don't worry about bodyfat at this stage of the game. Eat clean, but really focus on getting in adequate calories. Higher rep Kroc rows are still supposed to be explosive but you're supposed to crank out high reps.

Check out this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjgYHylUJhc&feature=related

Hehe... don't worry that video made me feel like a pu$$y as well! Higher rep work w/ heavier weights really does a number on your nervous system and metabolism. I liken it to getting the shiit kicked out of you so you can come back bigger and stronger after your recovery period. I think it really forces growth and adaptation in the body.

I'm gonna encourage you to consider incorporating breathing squats into your routine... 20 rep squats w/ a reasonable amount of weight. If you're a real sick phuck you'll do em at the end of your squats! For example I did 135 x 6, 225 x 8, 275 x 8, 315 x 5, then 225 x 20 for my last work out. It messed me up!

Remember intensity combined w/ adequate rest and great nutrition is what's gonna make you grow.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Don't worry about bodyfat at this stage of the game. Eat clean, but really focus on getting in adequate calories. Higher rep Kroc rows are still supposed to be explosive but you're supposed to crank out high reps.

Check out this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjgYHylUJhc&feature=related

Hehe... don't worry that video made me feel like a pu$$y as well! Higher rep work w/ heavier weights really does a number on your nervous system and metabolism. I liken it to getting the shiit kicked out of you so you can come back bigger and stronger after your recovery period. I think it really forces growth and adaptation in the body.

I'm gonna encourage you to consider incorporating breathing squats into your routine... 20 rep squats w/ a reasonable amount of weight. If you're a real sick phuck you'll do em at the end of your squats! For example I did 135 x 6, 225 x 8, 275 x 8, 315 x 5, then 225 x 20 for my last work out. It messed me up!

Remember intensity combined w/ adequate rest and great nutrition is what's gonna make you grow.

LOL...that girl Kroc rowing 100 pounds for 18 reps just put me to shame XD

I agree with the intensity bit but surely going to failure on every set as I'm doing in my workout is as intense as it gets?

The workout I'm doing advocates low rep (5-7) on most muscle groups, high weight sets, and going to failure on every set (These are high weights for me...I know the numbers on here are small but I'm a weak f*ck so these numbers are my 5-7rep maxes).

I go to failure on every set to ensure I go to max intensity. The reason the person who made the workout (Sean Nalewanyj, best selling muscle ebook + has positive reviews for his workouts across the net) advocates 5-7 reps to failure is because it ensures lifting a higher weight, minimises lactic acid buildup, minimises the set duration, working the muscle fibres at an optimum etc.

So far I've been noticing gains in my lifts...the way I see it, if something isn't broken, don't fix it. If Sean Nalewanyj's workout was not giving me success, I would ditch it in an instant.

I know different people here have different approaches and workouts, and maybe there is more than 1 way to skin a cat, as in fundamentally, if you lift hard, eat lots and sleep lots, you will have gains, regardless of rep numbers, set numbers etc.

Having said that, I'm open minded and wouldn't mind trying different workouts/methods of training...even If I end up experimenting, I'm gonna make sure each method gets enough of a trial period.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're totally right... At this point in the game stick to what's working. I've been lifting consistently for over a decade, and I'm chemically enhanced. My body is gonna be able to handle much different things and respond to much different stimuli than yours at this point in our respective developements. Stick to what's working for you.... Change things up once you start to plateau.

The best consistent gains that I ever got was when I first started lifting seriously using a program not that different from your own. I'd basically do 2-3 full body work outs per week and do 1-2 sets per exercise and take everything to failure! I managed to put on around 30-40 lbs on in my first year doing this despite no supplementation and not knowing ANYTHING about diet.

ANd for the record your weights are actually kinda impressive considering your size (I'm assuming you're still around the 130-lb mark). If you get a chance post some videos of your squats/deads. It'll help us to iron out any issues you have with your form. Not only will this reduce injury risk, but it'll also make it so that you get the most bang for your buck as far as these lifts go.

Keep it up!

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Fuglydude. About videos, I want to keep my anonymity so if there was a way of putting a video up and preserving that (eg putting a silly George W Bush mask on while I work out maybe lol), I will. At the moment I use websites and Rippetoe's Starting Strength instructional videos to learn techniques, get good form and avoid common mistakes that cause injury.

Yesterday was chest/tricep/shoulder day:

Still at that local gym which has a $hitty smith machine + no barbell, so I'm bench pressing with dumbbells.

Max effort bench press (my upper body strength sucks so it's really light...but that will improve with time and effort): 2 sets, 2x50 pound dumbbells so 100 pounds in total, 4 reps to failure with a drop-set of 2x44 pound dumbbells, 4 reps.

Tricep dips: assisted with machine, 15 pounds assistance (less assistance from machine = progress), 2 sets, 8 reps to failure.

Seated dumbbell press: 2 sets, 2x33 pound dumbbells (so 66 pounds in total), 8 reps to failure. Wanted to go heavier but the next heaviest dumbbells were 39 pounds each, I couldn't even lift them up to the starting position of my exercise LOL. Perhaps a spotter would have been a good idea.

Side lateral raises: 22 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 44 pounds in total, 2 sets, 12 reps to failure

Tricep cable pulldowns: 50 pounds, 2 sets, 7 reps to failure

Dumbbell french press aka overhead tricep extension: 1 dumbbell lifted with 2 hands, 44 pounds in total, 1 set, 7 reps to failure

Last edited:

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Since this local gym doesn't have an olympic bar, I'm doing deadlifts and shrugs on that $hitty slanted Smith machine, dumbbell Kroc rows instead of bent over barbell rows, dumbbell curls instead of barbell curls and dumbbell wrist curls instead of barbell wrist curls

Max effort deadlifts: 2 sets, 264 pounds, 7 reps to failure. Although the numbers have gone up...I think the Smith machine makes the lifts easier so I won't count this as progress from last week.

Overhand chin-ups: assisted machine, 18 pounds of assistance, 2 sets, 8 reps to failure.

Dumbbell Kroc rows: 2 sets, 60 pounds for 1 side (so in effect 120 pounds in total even though I did each side separately) 10 reps to failure. The reason for the big increase from last week was probably because I used lifting straps on the dumbbells so my grip didn't give way before my lats. Either that or my strength went up massively LOL :p

Smith machine barbell shrugs (LOL Smith machine, I had no choice though...): 2 sets, 143 pounds, 12 reps. Not counting this as progress since I think the Smith machine makes the lifts easier.

Dumbbell curls: 2 sets, 2x33 pound dumbells (so 66 pounds in total), 6 reps to failure.

Seated hammer curls: 2x28pound dumbells (so 56 pounds in total)...6 reps to failure

Dumbbell wrist curls: 2x22 pound dumbbells (so 44 pounds in total), 7 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So far, I have completed 7 weeks of my 8 week workout cycle. After the workout cycle finishes next week, I'll take a rest fortnight, during which time I'll be off the creatine, off the ZMA and off the tribulus. Multivits and omega 3 fish oil capsules will still stay. Whey protein will also still stay.

I will still eat like a bad ass mofo during rest fortnight too. Screw shock cutting, I'm committing to bulking. When I cut (maybe around March/April), then I'll commit to cutting.

Because I'll be on rest fortnight, I can afford to overtrain on my last week of the workout cycle. Next week is therefore OVERTRAIN WEEK!!!.

My body has been conditioned for 7 weeks, so I can finally unleash beast mode LOL.

I'll try more sets, maybe more reps, heavier weights if I can still keep good form, really push myself to the maximum and beyond because I know afterwards I'll have a good recovery period.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK guys, this is the final week of my 8 week workout cycle, so I'm overtraining because I have a rest period afterwards.

OVERTRAINING WEEK HERE WE GO!!!

Today was Leg + Abs day:

Warmup:

Still at the local gym (not my university gym) where they don't have a free-standing olympic bar (WTF!!) so I have to resort to a Smith machine that goes down at a slant for squats and an EZ bar for stiff-legged deadlifts...FML!

Overtraining on squats: 3 sets of max effort squats.
1st set, 181 pounds, 7 reps...too light, not intense enough and I didn't go to failure
2nd + 3rd set : 187 pounds, 5 reps to failure
Drop set after 3rd set: 132 pounds, 7 reps.
Not counting increases as progress because I think the Smith machine makes it easier.

Overtraining on leg press: 2 sets, 1st set : 275 pounds, 8 reps, 2nd set: 286 pounds, 7 reps to failure

Still taking it easy on the lower back, don't want to injure it so I'm going light with the stiff-legged deadlifts... 2 sets, 132 pounds, 10 reps.

Overtraining on the machine leg curls: 2 sets, 105 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

3 sets of seated calf raises (on a seated calf extension machine): 187 pounds, 12 reps to failure.

2 sets of kneeling rope crunches, 90 pounds, 10 reps to failure

1 set (for each side of my obliques) of woodcutters, 44 pounds, 10 reps to failure.

To overtrain the abs: 1 set of crunches on a decline bench whilst holding a 44 pound plate: 8 reps.

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was chest/tricep/shoulder day:

OVERTRAINING WEEK, DAY 2!!!!!

Still at that local gym which has a $hitty smith machine + no barbell, so I'm bench pressing with dumbbells.

Max effort bench press (my upper body strength sucks so it's really light...but that will improve with time and effort):
Overtraining on bench presses:
3 sets, 2x50 pound dumbbells so 100 pounds in total, 5 reps to failure ...
Immediately followed by a drop-set of 2x33 pound dumbbells (so 66 pounds in total), 5 reps to failure....
Immediately followed by a drop-drop set (LOL) of dumbbell flyes, 2x27 pound dumbbells so 54 pounds in total, 6 reps to failure.

I went a bit crazy here but hey, it's overtraining week!

Overtraining on tricep dips: assisted with machine, 15 pounds assistance (less assistance from machine = progress), 2 sets, 8 reps to failure, followed by a drop-set of 22 pounds assistance, 6 reps to failure.

Overtraining on seated dumbbell press: 2 sets, 1x39 pound dumbbells on one side, and did both sides separately (so in effect 66 pounds in total), 5 reps to failure. Did them one-handed so I could use my other non-lifting hand to get myself to the proper starting position.
Drop setted with 2x27 pound dumbells (so 54 pounds in total), 3 reps to failure.

Overtraining on side lateral raises: 22 pound dumbbells on each arm, so 44 pounds in total, 2 sets, 12 reps to failure. Drop-setted with 2x18 pound dumbbells, 8 reps to failure...followed by a drop-drop set of 2x11 pound dumbbells, 8 reps to failure...followed by a drop-drop-drop set of 2x7 pound dumbbells, 8 reps to failure...LOL

Overtraining on tricep cable pulldowns: 50 pounds, 3 sets, 7 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I’m back in London at my university gym with an olympic bar, so I can do free weight deadlifts without the $hitty Smith machine!! WOOP!!

After doing Kroc rows however, I’ve decided to stick to them instead of bent over barbell rows because I enjoy them more and I feel they have a better range of movement for the lats compared to bent over barbell rows.

THIS IS THE LAST WORKOUT OF OVERTRAINING WEEK!

Overtraining on deadlifts: 3 sets, 259 pounds, 5 reps to failure on 2 sets, 4 reps to failure on 3rd set. Immediately after the 3rd set, I drop-setted to 220 pounds, 4 reps to failure.

Overtraining on overhand chin-ups: assisted machine, 18 pounds of assistance, 3 sets, 6 reps to failure on 1st 2 sets, 3 reps to failure on 3rd set.

Overtraining on dumbbell Kroc rows: 2 sets, 66 pounds, 8 reps to failure. Drop-setted after the 2nd set, 44 pounds, 8 reps to failure.

Barbell shrugs: 2 sets, 138 pounds, 12 reps to failure.

Overtraining on barbell curls: 2 sets, 66 pounds, 6 reps to failure. Drop-setted after the 1st and 2nd sets, 44 pounds, 7 reps to failure.

Seated hammer curls: 26 pounds on each arm so 52 pounds in total, 10 reps to failure. Had to rush because the gym was closing.

Wrist curls: 44 pounds, 7 reps to failure

JonJaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So...

My 8 week workout cycle is over, and I have 2 weeks of rest until my new workout cycle starts.

It’s time to reflect and follow up on my progress :

I’ve weighed myself and checked my % bodyfat. Here’s the change:

Beginning of week 1: 125 pounds, 18% bodyfat
Now (end of week 8): 138 pounds, 19% bodyfat.

I’ve gained almost a stone in weight. Simple maths will tell you that I gained 13 pounds in weight, 4 pounds of which is fat. That means I gained 9 pounds of muscle and water. I’m not sure how clean this bulk is, I would obviously like to gain as much lean mass as possible, any further tips to better gains are most welcome guys.

Progress on some of my lifts:

Squats:
Beginning of week 1: 154 pounds, 6-7 reps..... End of week 8: 176 pounds, 6 reps

Bench press:
Beginning of week 1: 94 pounds, 5 reps (with $hit form).... End of week 8: 100 pounds, 5 reps to failure (with better form). It’s progress, but it’s slow compared to other lifts. I would like to improve at a better rate for bench presses.

Deadlifts:
Beginning of week 1: 220 pounds, 5 reps..... End of week 8: 259 pounds, 5 reps

It’s been a good 8 weeks! Now I’m going to rest and recover for 2 weeks, staying off creatine, off tribulus and obviously off NOXPUMP.

Taking my lifting seriously and being more dedicated to the gym has been one of the best decisions of my life. This has been the longest that I’ve stuck to a workout (before it would only be a week or 2 before I gave up haha!!). I feel so much better, friends and family are noticing a difference in my physique and I am looking forward to even bigger gains in the near future!

Thanks to EFFORT, Quiksilver and Fuglydude for your support and advice in this thread. You guys are my gym mentors, it’s really helpful for a n00b to get tips from more experienced lifters.

This is only the start of my journey. Expect more progress over the next few weeks!

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JonJaper said:
So...

My 8 week workout cycle is over, and I have 2 weeks of rest until my new workout cycle starts.

It’s time to reflect and follow up on my progress :

I’ve weighed myself and checked my % bodyfat. Here’s the change:

Beginning of week 1: 125 pounds, 18% bodyfat
Now (end of week 8): 138 pounds, 19% bodyfat.

I’ve gained almost a stone in weight. Simple maths will tell you that I gained 13 pounds in weight, 4 pounds of which is fat. That means I gained 9 pounds of muscle and water. I’m not sure how clean this bulk is, I would obviously like to gain as much lean mass as possible, any further tips to better gains are most welcome guys.

Progress on some of my lifts:

Squats:
Beginning of week 1: 154 pounds, 6-7 reps..... End of week 8: 176 pounds, 6 reps

Bench press:
Beginning of week 1: 94 pounds, 5 reps (with $hit form).... End of week 8: 100 pounds, 5 reps to failure (with better form). It’s progress, but it’s slow compared to other lifts. I would like to improve at a better rate for bench presses.

Deadlifts:
Beginning of week 1: 220 pounds, 5 reps..... End of week 8: 259 pounds, 5 reps

It’s been a good 8 weeks! Now I’m going to rest and recover for 2 weeks, staying off creatine, off tribulus and obviously off NOXPUMP.

Taking my lifting seriously and being more dedicated to the gym has been one of the best decisions of my life. This has been the longest that I’ve stuck to a workout (before it would only be a week or 2 before I gave up haha!!). I feel so much better, friends and family are noticing a difference in my physique and I am looking forward to even bigger gains in the near future!

Thanks to EFFORT, Quiksilver and Fuglydude for your support and advice in this thread. You guys are my gym mentors, it’s really helpful for a n00b to get tips from more experienced lifters.

This is only the start of my journey. Expect more progress over the next few weeks!
Good work dude. I believe thats extremely clean bulking since you only gained 1% BF. Keep it up! :up:

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great progress man. 13 lbs in 8 weeks is substantial. I'd kill to see progress like that! Lifts are coming a long nicely as well.

How are you measuring body fat? I'm not a huge fat of bioelectrical impedance testing as there are a myriad of factors that can affect the end result. If you can I'd suggest you go with caliper testing and use at least a 7 point caliper measurement.

Again great progress! Keep it up!