Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Joining the police force and fitness.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a long time, whey was considered a waste product of cheese-making. It was thrown away or fed to animals. My grandpa fed it to the hogs when he was a kid. Only in the past few decades, as the supplement industry has exploded, has it been considered not only edible, but beneficial.

There has never been a single recorded medical case of protein causing kidney damage. The reports you have likely read had to do with individuals who already had kidney damage from other sources and as a result they could not handle large doses of protein.
It was two morons on the local college football team. A family member of mine was their dialysis nurse. They did recover, after a month or so on dialysis.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/whey-protein/safety/hrb-20060532
Whey protein is likely safe for most adults when used in amounts recommended by the manufacturer.

Whey protein is possibly safe when taken by mouth as a single dose of up to 50 grams, or when 30 grams is taken by mouth daily for six months.

Whey protein may cause abnormal heart rhythms, changes in cholesterol levels, headache, increased diabetes risk, increased fracture or osteoporosis risk, kidney dysfunction, liver damage, stomach or intestine symptoms (acid reflux, bloating, constipation, cramps, gas, increased bowel movements, movement problems, nausea, reduced appetite, swelling of limbs, and upset stomach), and thirst.

Whey protein may lower blood sugar levels. Caution is advised in people with diabetes or low blood sugar, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Blood sugar levels may need to be monitored by a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, and medication adjustments may be necessary.

Whey protein may increase the risk of bleeding. Caution is advised in people with bleeding disorders or in those taking drugs that may increase the risk of bleeding. Dosing adjustments may be necessary.

Whey protein may interfere with the way the body processes certain drugs using the liver's "cytochrome P450" enzyme system.

Whey protein may cause low blood pressure. Caution is advised in people with low blood pressure or in those taking drugs or herbs and supplements that lower blood pressure.

Drowsiness or sedation may occur. Use caution if driving or operating heavy machinery.

Use cautiously in people who take medications, including agents that affect the immune system and agents that lower cholesterol.

Use cautiously in people with stomach or intestine disorders.

Avoid in people with known allergy or sensitivity to milk or milk products, including cow's milk, sheep's milk, goat's milk, and mare's milk.

Avoid in people who are avoiding the use of dairy products.

Avoid using whey protein long-term and in excessive amounts.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you admit your enormous error

Time for you to admit yours:
The human body will utilize as much protein as you give it.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thank everyone for taking the time to give their advice. I don't have fat to lose and I will keep on doing my pushups. I guess doing the same thing and expecting different results is a sign of madness.
If nothing else changes then it seems like diet IS the thing that will make a big difference if nothing has been changing on my current diet. Time will tell.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you admit your enormous error of stating that 80 grams of protein a day is the maximal dose for building muscle, when the optimal level for muscle building is quite clearly at least double that.
For most people consuming more than double that will accomplish nothing, refer to the scientific studies I linked you

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder what other mistakes you made in coming to your conclusion..
The results of the studies are pretty straightforward. Did you read the TLDR summary I provided?

The point is, the amount of protein you need is a lot less than what many people claim. If you're 180lb and train extensively, 140g is about the most you could benefit from. Trying to consume excessive amounts (i.e. 200-300g+) would just be a waste of time and money, not to mention you'd also be spending more time on the toilet

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trying to consume excessive amounts (i.e. 200-300g+) would just be a waste of time and money, not to mention you'd also be spending more time on the toilet

Anyone with the slightest bit of education in the medical field will tell you that you're also risking your health by consuming too much protein.

Another fun fact about protein shakes - they contain heavy metals:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/could-protein-shakes-harm-your-health/

"We tested about 15 different types of protein drinks. ... And we actually looked for four different heavy metals. We looked for arsenic, cadmium, mercury, and lead."

Test results found heavy metals present in all 15 drinks -- some more than others.

Consumer Reports says three products were of particular concern -- because consuming three servings a day could result in exposure to arsenic, cadmium or lead that exceed proposed limits for contaminants:

• Eas Myoplex (Arsenic, Cadmium)
• Muscle Milk-Chocolate (Cadmium, Lead)
• Muscle Milk-Vanilla Crème (Lead)

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yoiks. It seems logical that the easiest way to make meat is to eat meat. A big tin of tuna is 450g. Are you guys telling me that is too much protein to digest?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread just keeps getting better! Now heavy metals are good for you! Those Flint Michigan people ought to be grateful for the free lead in their water.

By the way, iron is not a heavy metal, neither is magnesium, nor anything you listed. The heavy metals are: mercury, cadmium, arsenic, chromium, thallium, and lead.

You should get your own youtube channel to expose the conspiracy behind heavy metals. Every day, you could eat some lead paint chips to show everyone how healthy they are.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, not going to go into this protein discussion...

When I was getting ready for the police academy and the testing, I started the "Quest to 100 Pushup" workout and it helped out. It's a very simple pyramid program. You can google it.