Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It Is Possible To GROW TALL If Your Bones Arent Fused!{no Scams}

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
For the short guys out there I know how it feels being short but if your still a teenager there is hope to grow pass your genetic height if you are 17 - 21 there is still hope if your growth plates arent fused by then.But if your plates are already fused there is nothing you can do about your height.The reason i am doing this is because Im short myself and think there is hope for us.Heres the information an endicronologist gave on a sight concerning short people.

Endicronologist said:
This is a quite in-depth report which I am making in view of the few months of research I have done into growing taller. This report is not bias and does not in any way contain any brand names. Please note that companies claiming growth and all are likely to be scam sites. Please do not trust them, especially those who claim an increase of height for those who are over 21, or those that come in Lotion form, or give high amounts of HGH ( these will result in facial and physical deformation ).

First of all I would like to clarify some things. It is not possible at all to grow taller ( besides using Limb Extension Surgery ) once the growth plates are fused. Total epiphyseal ( growth plate ) fusion occurs at 20 or, in some individuals up to 25. Any site which claims to open the closed growth plates or promote growth after the age of 21 are likely to be scams.

Second, I would like to say that for those who are below 15 ( and probably, those who are 16 ), there is very much hope for you. Those who are 16-21, there is hope, but the only thing that might help you, from an endocrinologist viewpoint, is estrogen blockers, or aromatase inhibitors. Estrogen blockers, or aromatase inhibitors, will slow down epiphyseal fusion so that you can grow more for longer. Estrogen actually speeds up growth plate fusion. By preventing androgen by being converted to estrogen, you buy more time for you to grow. Without anti-estrogen therapy, one might stop growing totally and irreversibly at around 20 years of age. If one gets on anti-estrogen therapy, one can expect to grow for many years more, and, according to a clinical study, grow 5.1cm taller than estiamted adult height. I hope that before taking anti-estrogen that you seek the help of your physician, or better still, an endocrinologist. If not, the least you should do is to take an X-ray or your hand and verify if you have completed epiphyseal fusion. If that is so, ABSOLUTELY NO DRUG OR THERAPY can help you grow taller besides Limb Extension Surgery. Anti-estrogen, or aromatase blockers, are available widely and might not require a prescription. They should be safe, but given that they deal with the brain, if you experience and neurologic effects like uncontrollable shaking of your hand, stop treatment and seek professional advice. Examples of anti-estrogen can be Letrivole, Tamoxifen and many more.

THOSE UNDER 15-16 ( or about that age )

For those who are below 15-16, I hate to repeat this, but do seek your doctor's advice you are very short. If the doctor refuses to do anything, seek another doctor's opinion. If all else fails, you can follow what I outline below.

Height is largely based on genetic factors. The smaller factors can be the amount of growth factors in your blood, the function of your pituitary gland and also nutritional and sleep factors. Do note that stretching or excercise has not been proven to result in a permanent increase of height.

As an endocrinologist, I must state that even I and everyone DO NOT AT ALL understand fully the workings of the growth factors. What we know is limited. Let me highlight briefly what we know. We know that height is influenced by several growth factors, such as the amount of Insulin-like Growth Factor 1, the amount of Growth Hormone, the amount of Hormone which stimulates Growth Hormone release, and the amount of other minor growth factors. Testosterone does not in any way lead to increased adult stature. It can kickstart puberty if you have not shown any signs of puberty yet, but it definitely has not been shown to increase adult stature in ANY MEDICAL JOURNALS OR CLINICAL STUDIES. Do note that I emphasize MEDICAL JOURNALS and CLINICAL STUDIES. Whatever you do, do try to find more information from these sources as, chances are, they are scientifically carried out and their results and statements should be quite accurate and reliable.

That aside, let me note what YOU CAN DO to increase your height. This is what is under your control. The options to increase growth factors are

(a) Increase HGH or the hormone which promotes HGH release ( sorry, I don't recall the exact name )
(b) Increase IGF-1 levels

Increasing HGH level is risky at best, and this I cannot say anything about. Why risky? Not only can HGH result in LOWERED FINAL ADULT HEIGHT when taken inappropriately ( it may lead to earlier growth plate fusion and compromised or stunted height ), it can also disfigure you, or make you disproportionate, FOR LIFE. (a) is best done with the monitoring of a medical professional, not by yourself. I have seen cases of HGH injections or oral supplementation being administered wrongly even by medical professionals and this means you should NOT attempt home supplementation of HGH or any pro-hormones, like L-arginine or Creatine.

The safest you can do, without professional advice, is to increase IGF-1 levels. Again, this field is not understood by endocrinologists but what we do know is that many trials have demonstrated that IGF-1 levels correspond to increased height. IGF-1 can be given as injections, and this, I believe, would lead to complete and total absorption into the bloodstream and growth plates. IGF-1 can also be taken orally, without prescription, by taking Bovine Colostrum. Now, I do not know whether the IGF-1 in Colostrum is absorbed into your blood and make you taller. I also do not know the effects of very very high levels of IGF-1 or Colostrum on your final adult height. Therefore, don't act smart or whatever. IGF-1 supplementation is not recommended above 500mg per day. DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN THAT AMOUNT. Besides height-related effects, it is well documented that IGF-1 will lead to increased cell mutation, or a higher cancer risk.

For those around this age, you can also do anti-estrogen therapy, but again, it is risky. I recommend you do not take it yet until you are 16.0 years of age. What you can do is to drink 1 or 2 glasses of milk a day. This contains approx. 20-30mg of IGF-1. This is especially important if you have not started puberty yet. If you have already started puberty, it should still work, and work well it should ( at least, that is what doctors think )

Two more things you can do.

Daily supplemenation of the following nutrients at about these amounts should be instrumental in increasing final adult stature. Also, this is not a joke, but for males, do not ejaculate often. If you do, take some Zinc. Ejaculating will lead to loss of approx. 5mg of Zinc. For one day's dose, try not to exceed 30mg zinc. ( although toxic effects are reported only above 50mg )

The multivitamins below should be safe and should be taken everyday. The nutrients and vitamins and minerals below, have been what I have gleaned from many sources and forums, along with the help of my hospital nutritionalist, to be instrumental to growth.

Thiamin (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 75 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 75 mg
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 75 mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 75 mg
Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) 100 mg
Iodine (as Kelp) 150 mcg
Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 15 mg
Copper (as Copper Sulfate) 250 mcg
Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate) 6 mcg
Boron (as Boron Citrate) 100 mcg
Choline (as Choline Bitartrate) 35 mg

You might also want to take Potassium, which is found in bananas. All supplements do not carry much potassium as it might cause heart attack ( serious! )

The last one is of course, to get enough sleep. 8 hours of sleep is recommended AT ONE GO. Do not count naps in. 8 hours at night.

Specific to those who are 15.5-16 : You might want to start on anti-estrogen therapy since your plates are already fusing ( maybe halfway thru ). Before that, do a bone X-ray if you want, to determine if growth plates are fused already. ( else you'll be wasting your money ). You should also seek medical help immediately if you are still VERY SHORT. The window for HGH therapy is up to 16, I believe.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
Contineud

Heres the rest of what he wrote

Please do follow my advice. I hope you find this useful. If you have any queries, respond to this post. Also, do not believe those scams and those idiots who want to make money only. I understand you are already feeling rotten being short. And I feel appalled that these people want to take advantage of you. That is why I have wrote this article, to help you. This is not a scam or whatever ( this can't be, since there isn't any specific brands or companies mentioned, just drug or nutrient names ). I wish you all the best and hope you will stand tall and free. For those who cannot expect to grow much taller, please do not despair. I had a secondary school friend who was very short. He's 15 and only 155cm. But he was my best friend and provided my a great deal of help and brightened my life a lot ( I had only 6, but close friends in a class of 40 at that time ). He was there when he I needed him and I was there for him when he needed me. He followed my advice. He's now still short, but not very short, standing quite tall at 165cm. Please, don't despair. Height is really not everything. You may be short, but its what inside that counts. Follow my advice closely, do whatever you can to grow taller, but if you still cannot, tell yourself. This is the most I have done. I have done all I can. Now, I'm short. But so? I am happy and free. I hope you can be as much as a sunshine to others as my best friend was, despite my 173cm frame towering over him ( when I was 15 ) ). My best friend has since accepted the fact he's short. He has other qualities though. he makes a good friend, he looks young and cute, he's always cheerful and he never gets depressed when his height is concerned. he's a lighthouse for me, and many others. and hes short.

Last edited:

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm back I'll post some information about HGH and IGF-1 and hopefully clear some doubts.

Here are some facts :

1. IGF-1 builds cartilage
2. IGF-1 is a key factor in pubertal growth
3. IGF-1 is dependent on amount of HGH
4. IGF-1 stays longer in the bloodstream as compared to HGH
5. It is safer to take IGF-1 supplementation rather than HGH supplementation, which either don't work, or when taken orally, are taken in very minute amounts. Only HGH injections have the potential to help; but they are to be given by medical personnel.
6.Height growth in childhood and puberty is largely due to GH

Here is some elaboration..

GH causes the division of chondrocytes in cartilage ALONE, directly. But GH also cause IGF-1 to be produced. IGF-1 has a more distinct effect rather than GH in the case of growth.
The liver gets the signal from GH to start producing IGF-1. IGF has a multicrine effect, and can work via blood or via the target tissues themselves or via nearby tissues. Due to an increase in calcium retention when taking GH, people under GH tend to reach their final adult height faster, and this can be bad to your FINAL adult height. It limits your potential.

Let me sort out how the long bones work.
At the two sides of your bones are actually cartilage tissue and these cartilage have the potential to become hard bones; ossified bones. HOW DO growth plates fuse? Simply, the cartilage growth is slower than the ossification. That means that you grow cartilage slower than your body ossifies or builds bones. Does this mean 'long-and-steady wins the race'. A definite yes! If your growth has all along been slow and steady, you can expect to be pretty tall. Because your body is building cartilage all along when your body ossify the bone ( whcih is slow! ).

Why does GH cause all these?
Simply, GH causes ossification! So does calcium and all those bone-building supplements. It is totally wrong that calcium helps you grow taller. Yes, it increases bone density. Yes, it can prevent osteoporosis, but NO it does NOT make you grow taller and theoretically might work the other way! Healthy amounts are ok; just don't get overboard!

I also want to clarify the role of testosterone and estrogen in growth.

Testosterone has NO effect on its own, directly, to influence growth. Testosterone ONLY influences growth when it is aromatized to estrogen, in which it would result in earlier growth plate fusion; or bone ossification.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f off with this bull****.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't bull****.. I've been researching height increase for about a year, and my conclusions are similar. Anti-estrogen medications like letrozole that block estrogen actually prevent/ slow down the bones from aging (fusing) .

like in that study he mentioned with the anti-estrogen, the letzrozole was given during the boy's growth spurts presumably for about 5 months, and there was a 5.1 cm increase in final height. that means i could postulate that had they continued the treatment for 10 months during the spurt, 10.2 cm would be gained. for hte normal 2 years, 20.4 cm = 8 inches.

I'm going to talk to my doctor about this before its too late.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
17 now, 18 in 1 week and 1 day. i know my plates are still open because ive grown 1 cm in the past 6-7 months. slow, but open.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
I just turn 17, 10 days ago Im going to go to the doctor and check if my bones are fused or not on thursday.I dont think they are fused yet but who knows?everyone concerned about there height shoud read this.I am 5'7 btw.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
whats your AIM or MSN? i could show you a few things.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate e-mail. if im gonna do that i might as well pm you.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
^^BUMP^^ alright fine But I dont think you can gain 20 inches!!
LOL maybe 3-8 inches.

My mistake I thought you said 20 inches but now I see 20cm

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha i said 20.4 cm which = 8 inches. if the estrogen keeps your growth plates open though i dont really see a reason why you cant grow 20 more inches.

also, since the study was over a 5 month period, and you usually grow at 4 inches per year during a growth spurt, that would be about 2 inches during that 5 month period of normal non-drug induced growth. since a 2 inch (5.1 cm) final adult predicted height occured, i can only assume that the bone age didn't mature in any of that group significantly even under increased testosterone levels (= more androgens = bone aging). so it literally seemed to halt the aging to a miniscule level. so the height growth potential could, to me theoretically, be infinite.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insecurity is not a reason to have a medical procedure.

Maybe you should instead look at stem cells and GROW A PAIR OF NUTS.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
WTF?

WTF?shut up! Noone ever said any thing about a medical procedure you idiot!You probably dont know what half this s**t means!

sorry I dont know what was me there.please forgive me but you must learn how to respect others.

Last edited:

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester
Insecurity is not a reason to have a medical procedure.

Maybe you should instead look at stem cells and GROW A PAIR OF NUTS.
why not? its like growing more muscle mass. you're genetically preprogrammed to get to a certain height because of these various factors (ie- height is the result of many processes). change any of these and you can alter your final height. i see no problem doing this if you can.. its kinda like lifting weights.

Last edited:

fonderboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey!! I'm in a similar predicament. I recently turned 18 (just about a month ago) and I am about 5'6 1/2, and the really aggravating thing is my dad is taller than me at about 5'8, even though I grew up with more access to food.

Like dirtyvibe, I too have been researching about height growth, and everything you said is very similar to what I have read. I have been wanting to go to the doctor for a bone age test but my dad is really dragging his feet about it.

If you have any additional information to PM me I would love to read it.

Thanks in advance.

edit: oh, and if I'm not growing much anymore, how much do you predict I will be able to grow before my epiphyses completely fuse?

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^ ^ I have no clue, it depends on your genetics. Some people even slow down their growth and have a huge late growth spurt, depends on the person.

My family is reaalllly spread out in genetics: dad = 6', mom = 5'3 or 5'4, bro = 6'4, sister = 5', me = 5'8

fonderboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I already had a growth spurt =(

From everything I've read, nothing said that there would be a second growth spurt.