Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is sex or masturbation a good idea while being low on Testosterone?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just did a short cycle and almost done with PCT, kept about 90% of the strenght and about 70% of the mass but I feel like my testosterone levels are not fully recovered, I feel lazy, uninterested, apathetic and my libido is average to low at the most.

Again my libido is not as high as it should be but still wouldnt mind some release also to relax, in this state is it a good idea in terms of recovery or it could slow down the recovery process?

Im asking cause sexual deprivation usually makes me more aggressive and active (what Im not now) but at the same time nervous while releasing makes me lazy and uninterested (what Im already now).

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just did a short cycle and almost done with PCT, kept about 90% of the strenght and about 70% of the mass but I feel like my testosterone levels are not fully recovered, I feel lazy, uninterested, apathetic and my libido is average to low at the most.

Again my libido is not as high as it should be but still wouldnt mind some release also to relax, in this state is it a good idea in terms of recovery or it could slow down the recovery process?

Im asking cause sexual deprivation usually makes me more aggressive and active (what Im not now) but at the same time nervous while releasing makes me lazy and uninterested (what Im already now).
Conventional wisdom says that sex raises T-levels. Your problems could be elsewhere.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom says that sex raises T-levels. Your problems could be elsewhere.
He just did a cycle, meaning his T production was shut down completely during that time. So yeah, he likely is suffering from low T. What are you doing for PCT? What was your cycle? Dosage, length, etc?

Did you use an AI on cycle?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He just did a cycle, meaning his T production was shut down completely during that time. So yeah, he likely is suffering from low T. What are you doing for PCT? What was your cycle? Dosage, length, etc?

Did you use an AI on cycle?
It was a very low profile cycle, run mk677 for 40 days at 20mg daily but somehow I had some suppression like it happened while running ostarine last year.

Just had a OTC PCT, didnt take any tamox even if I have it, just run some low doses of lean xtreme and a pump of formeron for the first 10 days then when hair on my upper legs restarted growing I stopped.

Funny how I feel the suppression in my libido and upper legs hair but not in terms of strenght.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get 160 MLG of testosterone injected weekly. T level is 968, very high. I still have low libido..
Not interested in sex. I have to force myself. It has to be mental.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I get 160 MLG of testosterone injected weekly. T level is 968, very high. I still have low libido..
I've never taken anything for T but my interest in sex is similar. I enjoy sex when the opportunity arises but when I am not in a situation to get it I don't think too much about it. Once a week or every other week and I am good. Got some last night and she wanted it again the morning. I did but only for her, I was good.... I like being this way. Gives me a lot of control with women without much effort. The women who know me at all know that its best to give me some when I do want it because it may be a while before I do again... And we all know women HATE to be turned down..

So curious, how does one check their T level?

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never taken anything for T but my interest in sex is similar. I enjoy sex when the opportunity arises but when I am not in a situation to get it I don't think too much about it. Once a week or every other week and I am good. Got some last night and she wanted it again the morning. I did but only for her, I was good.... I like being this way. Give me a lot of control with women without much effort. How does one check their T level?
Its a blood test. I do it at a clinic. I don't like being this way. Even during the act I have to make an effort. **** buddy said my heart wasn't in it....I used to f uck the sh it out of her. She was calling all of the time. But she got married.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never taken anything for T but my interest in sex is similar. I enjoy sex when the opportunity arises but when I am not in a situation to get it I don't think too much about it. Once a week or every other week and I am good. Got some last night and she wanted it again the morning. I did but only for her, I was good.... I like being this way. Gives me a lot of control with women without much effort. The women who know me at all know that its best to give me some when I do want it because it may be a while before I do again... And we all know women HATE to be turned down..

So curious, how does one check their T level?
You can either do a blood or saliva test. Most states, you can simply get a mail order one from a lab and get the results back...some states like mine, you need an act of God to get it done.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 things I would recommend getting checked.

1) Estradiol(Estrogen) levels---exogenous T tends to aromatize at a much higher rate than endogenous T...your estradiol levels might be too high, which would help explain the lack of libido. Total T is not what is important as much as Free T, which means the amount of T that is able to be used by the body and is not bound to Sex Hormone Binding Globule(SHBG), which renders it inactive. Since the body uses Estradiol(Estrogen) as the marker for hormone levels in the body, when you have elevated Estradiol, you will also have elevated SHBG since the body "knows" the only way you could have too much estrogen is that the body is producing too much testosterone. It doesn't actually "know" the level of testosterone in the body, it judges it based on the amount of Estradiol. If its too high, it produces more SHBG to bind to the testosterone rendering it inactive. If SHBG is too high, a high level of testosterone can be made moot because its bound to SHBG, not free to bind to the androgen receptors in the body.

2) Progesterone levels---Read my thread on progesterone on this forum for a more detailed explanation. Basically progesterone has been found to be a secondary sex hormone that works synergistically with Testosterone. Progesterone antagonizes estradiol, and if there is not enough progesterone, you can become estrogen dominant, even if estradiol is within normal range. Progesterone has a "viagara" like effect, as it has the same mechanism of action as viagara does. It will give you skin bursting erections, and definitely increased my sex drive when I added it. Progesterone cream is really cheap and can be used in doses of 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon a day rubbed on the underside of your forearms.

You can also try taking things like Nettle Root Extract and/or Avena Sativa(oat straw) extract to free up more Testosterone as these bind to SHBG. Aromasin also greatly decreases SHBG by 25-30% as it binds to the aromatase enzyme, which prevents the conversion of T to E.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a very low profile cycle, run mk677 for 40 days at 20mg daily but somehow I had some suppression like it happened while running ostarine last year.

Just had a OTC PCT, didnt take any tamox even if I have it, just run some low doses of lean xtreme and a pump of formeron for the first 10 days then when hair on my upper legs restarted growing I stopped.

Funny how I feel the suppression in my libido and upper legs hair but not in terms of strenght.
MK-677 should have no suppression of the HPTA. It's a growth hormone secretagogue that doesn't even suppress growth hormone, so why would it suppress Testosterone? If I had to guess, what you were taking wasn't actually MK-677, it might have been a low dose of D-bol or something like that, which would explain the mild suppression.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MK-677 should have no suppression of the HPTA. It's a growth hormone secretagogue that doesn't even suppress growth hormone, so why would it suppress Testosterone? If I had to guess, what you were taking wasn't actually MK-677, it might have been a low dose of D-bol or something like that, which would explain the mild suppression.
All true, at that dosage and for such brief time there shouldnt be any side, but I read some reports where guys got minor sides.

I considered that it wasnt actually mk677 and something else instead but the brand was legit and the first weeks I experiences all the effects of mk677 from improved skin tone to big appetite to recover of joints.

The strange thing is that I got on my upper legs the same effect I got from ostarine which is a stripe of hair growing thin and remaning short, nowhere else in my body I had something like that.

Could be that it was osta again instead of mk677?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell tale sign of GH is tingling/numbness in your hands/wrists and deep sleep with vivid dreams.

I'd probably bet it was Ostarine.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe it goes;

sex increases test
masturbation decreases test
Patently false...all studies show that it either has minimal effect or T levels rise after masturbation. It doesn't even make sense. The body has no way of knowing why it's ejaculating, only that it is ejaculating.

However, the only way to see a significant enough boost to really make much of a difference in relation to sex would be to abstain from sex for 7 days, during which T levels will significantly rise. However, if ejaculation isn't achieved on the 7th day, T levels then drop precipitously...

This is the body's "use it or lose it" philosophy at its best.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Patently false...all studies show that it either has minimal effect or T levels rise after masturbation. It doesn't even make sense. The body has no way of knowing why it's ejaculating, only that it is ejaculating.

However, the only way to see a significant enough boost to really make much of a difference in relation to sex would be to abstain from sex for 7 days, during which T levels will significantly rise. However, if ejaculation isn't achieved on the 7th day, T levels then drop precipitously...

The body knows it's having sex. I saw a similar study with digital EEG connected to the guys head showing the strength of activity in the brain.

The finding was that actual sex and masturbation differ greatly in the effect on the brain. Also when you are close to a human body you have pheromones, also the mental psychology of the real versus the fake.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The body knows it's having sex. I saw a similar study with digital EEG connected to the guys head showing the strength of activity in the brain.

The finding was that actual sex and masturbation differ greatly in the effect on the brain. Also when you are close to a human body you have pheromones, also the mental psychology of the real versus the fake.
Then they should have shown that there is no difference in T levels between the 2

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then they should have shown that there is no difference in T levels between the 2
Please don't convince folks that masturbation is the same as sex, it is not. Your hormone levels ARE effected by having real sex.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Use it or lose it is true... Your erections won't even be as strong if you aren't having the act with females over a prolonged period of time. Also the testosterone will drop, from the mindset that allows you to remain sexless.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please don't convince folks that masturbation is the same as sex, it is not. Your hormone levels ARE effected by having real sex.
Read the studies. They are not. I could give a fvck cause I'm on TRT, I can jack off til the cows come home and it will have no effect on my T levels.