Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is one heavy drinking session a week stoping me loosing the last bit of body fat to get visible abs

Prodoge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Title says it all, but it can get up to 2 or 3 heavy drinking session a week...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol gets converted to sugar, which is in addition to the carbs or sugar already in the drink. It will also make you retain water for a day or two.

If your carb consumption falls within about six hours of completing a high-intensity cardio workout, your body will build muscle with them, and not fat.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Beer or mixed ?
If mixed, sugar intake can be cut down with a low sugar mixer.
Example: switching from Coke to Coke Zero.
If wine or beer not much you can do but cut down. Also cut down salt intake through food. Salt helps the body retain waters and bloat, which adds to weight. Not a concern unless danger of dehydration through your activities.

Last edited:

Prodoge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol gets converted to sugar, which is in addition to the carbs or sugar already in the drink. It will also make you retain water for a day or two.

If your carb consumption falls within about six hours of completing a high-intensity cardio workout, your body will build muscle with them, and not fat.
So basically during the week i only eliminate the carbs built up by the alcohol consuption during the w-e ?

Beer or mixed ?
If mixed, sugar intake can be cut down with a low sugar mixer.
Example: switching from Coke to Coke Zero.
If wine or beer not much you can do but cut down. Also cut down salt intake through food. Salt helps the body retain waters and bloat, which adds to weight. Not a concern unless danger of dehydration through your activities
I mostly drink beer, at a party maybe something else mixed but usually it's beer.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time your carb consumption to fall within 4-6 hours after a high-intensity workout. Carb timing is an idea of a guy named John Berardi, who studied wrestlers. Two hours of wrestling is a lot more cardio than most people understand. So whatever you do for cardio has to be legitimately high-intensity for carb timing to work.

Prodoge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Time your carb consumption to fall within 4-6 hours after a high-intensity workout. Carb timing is an idea of a guy named John Berardi, who studied wrestlers. Two hours of wrestling is a lot more cardio than most people understand. So whatever you do for cardio has to be legitimately high-intensity for carb timing to work.
Is an hour run high-intensity enough ?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Title says it all, but it can get up to 2 or 3 heavy drinking session a week...
2-3 heavy drink sessions can easily be an extra pound of fat or close to per week, and this is not counting the additional water it makes your body hold. It adds up over time, but you see how in 2-3 months it can easily be 15-20lbs of fat you wouldn't have had without the drinking. Plus drinking makes you eat a bit more.

Prodoge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What I will tell you...is that if you ever DO get a drinking problem....by that I mean addicted..........you will beg to go back to the days when "seeing your abs" was your biggest concern.

You are playing with fire my friend.
Well I am 20 in college, and the drinking is part of it, no one gets round it.

I wouldn't say I have a drinking problem, because the drinking only happens in w-e and is ever planned. I mean we go out to have fun, a couple of drinks, then shots hit the fan and off it goes...

But during the week I dont drink a drop, maybe the occasionnal beer with my father for dinner.

The thing is i dont look forward of beeing drunk, its more of a side effect.

So i believe I dont have a problem at the moment.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the moment.

Guess what? Every alcoholic said the same thing.

Just watch yourself, is all I am saying. Having travelled this road, I know of what I speak.
Drinking is a B. Enough of it can create a never satisfied "thirst" for more and more. And you will get into trouble too. I know what he's talking about too. And I keep lying to myself, that I can kill it off and just have a couple drinks once in a while.

Emmily

Banned
Reaction score
If you wish to loose your weight, it is with green tea.
Green tea is best for reducing fat.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to drink less beer. Instead drink a spirit, mixed with a zero calorie mixer. This could be vodka with coke zero.

Also, I know it's hard, but after a night of drinking, don't eat and go straight to bed. You might be tempted to eat but if you do you will most likely go into a caloric surplus, which will make you fat. The calories in the alcohol itself is enough to pack on the pounds.

Try to compensate by removing a fattening food out of your diet. Can be sugar, fast food, etc. I know you only drink in weekends, but in college you most likely drink quite a bit, and that counts a lot over the course of the entire week.

Prodoge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to drink less beer. Instead drink a spirit, mixed with a zero calorie mixer. This could be vodka with coke zero.

Also, I know it's hard, but after a night of drinking, don't eat and go straight to bed. You might be tempted to eat but if you do you will most likely go into a caloric surplus, which will make you fat. The calories in the alcohol itself is enough to pack on the pounds.

Try to compensate by removing a fattening food out of your diet. Can be sugar, fast food, etc. I know you only drink in weekends, but in college you most likely drink quite a bit, and that counts a lot over the course of the entire week.
Thanks for the tipps.

Actually i never eat after getting back so that's not a problem.
Plus i am on a healthy diet at the moment and I never or very rarely eat fast food which i am proud of.
However i still have that little layer of fat covering my abs which is rather annoying lol

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tipps.

Actually i never eat after getting back so that's not a problem.
Plus i am on a healthy diet at the moment and I never or very rarely eat fast food which i am proud of.
However i still have that little layer of fat covering my abs which is rather annoying lol
No problem.

That layer of fat might be due to you being genetically predisposed to carry a little bit of fat with you. It doesn't mean you can't get rid of it, it might just mean you need to put more effort into your diet and workouts to get rid of it. Some people are just gifted with being very lean and ripped naturally without working that hard. Some guys can't get ripped to save their life.

One of my friends is like that. He counted his calories, ate completely clean foods, no sugar or alcohol or anything processed, worked out 6 days a week including morning cardio. He did all this for 3 months and he still couldn't get ripped. On the flipside he put on muscle very easily.

I'm sure you'll get ripped if you up the workouts and get stricter on the diet. I've found 15 minuets minimum of jump rope in the morning before breakfast works wonders in addition to the gym when you want to lose fat.