Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is deleting my ex from my Facebook a childish behavior?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and an ex-gf were talking about deleting her other ex-bf on facebook. I said it was childish, and she just wanted to do it "close the chapter" on her life. I was going to make up a new post but found this post instead.

Personally, I never delete an ex from my facebook on purpose (unless the below rule). If they want to delete me from facebook, that is fine. There choice.

There is very few people that I delete on purpose, BUT I will delete anybody on facebook that I have not talked to in over a 1.5 years (just clutters up my facebook stream). I let most people know that right off the bat. If I haven't talked to an ex-gf on a consistent basis than after 1.5 years its fair game for whenever I delete it. Plus I also go on bike tours and do other fun things. I don't care about the mystery BS anymore.

- comic_relief

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd delete her-she may want to have the argument over again on the net. Once she posts it, it's a bit late to delete it. Unless you are on FB 24/7. Me? maybe 5 minutes a day

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
I deleted my ex from my facebook profile and would like to know if that's a childish behavior. Her previous ex deleted her from his FB profile and she told me it was a childish behavior. I have no doubt she will be thinking the same way after I deleted her. So I want to know if this is a childish behavior.
First of all, it's not. It's a choice that you have a right to make. Second of all your EX's word nolonger has any merit. Females like to believe that they are still important to you even if they dumped you. Out of sight out of mind my friend. On to the next one.

todays_news

Don Juan
Reaction score
shouldn't of deleted her, shows your cut up. Just make it so she doesnt come up on your news feed. Done.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just found out that my ex, the mother of my child is on facebook. Honestly, she is so messy and full of drama I did a preimptive block. I don't want her on my page at all. She doesn't need to know anything about me. I also deleted any mutual friends we have. I don't need her sniffing around my business looking to get more money out of me, I have clients on my facebook page.

I don't think it's childish in every instance. I think there is a time and place for deleting exes. And even if you think it's childish, I would rather not see her in my feed and on my friends list if I were someone who had just got my little afc heart crushed. Just stoking that oneitis flame eh? Nah...shut it down and cut em out.

joe henny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
worrying about what your ex thinks about you is childish behavior...

Deleting her from your FB just means you re moving on, and you don't want to see updates of her social life on a daily basis
I couldn't have said it better

Radharc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So what if it is childish behaviour? do ppl get arrested on childish behaviour where you live?

Its not about what she thinks or feels anymore, its about what good for you now. So do whatever you feel is gonna be the best thing for YOU, not for her, not for a failed relationship.

badboyjmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just fine man. You are moving on. In order to move on you have to detach yourself from the cause of the problem (in this case your ex)

I've tried keeping the FB of my ex but I always have the curious eye so I just decided to remove her, as well as people I don't talk to.

TheManOfSteel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heck no, my ex is so gone from my Facebook. I don't know, nor care what she is up to. I'm too busy doing my own thing. Thumbs up on cutting her out of your life.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to do what is right for you,this shouldnt even be necessary to post a thread about. A woman tries to manipulate you,you don't listen to her,but you need to ask us if it's OK.

This weekend, I refinished my kitchen table[still not done],so I didn't have time to clean my house. SO when I took a woman home on saturday night,she said"your house is a mess,you NEED a woman around to clean it"[like she couldn't see the table in the garage] SO....... is it OK if I don't marry her?[she's trying to manipulate me-just like your ex GF is trying to manipulate you into letting her spy on your life]